Wipro

3.1 4,062 reviews

Wipro CEO IT Business, Executive Director, and Director T. K. Kurien

T. K. Kurien

(1,730 ratings)

Pros
  • Good work culture, good opportunities to work on new business domain(in 212 reviews)

• Good work environment if you are lucky to have good managers(in 207 reviews)

Cons
  • Wonderful Work-Life Balance culture with very friendly employee benefit program(in 171 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance culture, Compensation is less(in 53 reviews)

4,062 Employee Reviews

Its okay with Wipro

Perf Test Analyst (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsExposure to multiple technologies and platform

ConsGrowth is stagnant,leadership is stable for now, work life balance keeps changing as per requirements, compensation is less.

Wipro Overview

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsLots of projects and lots of people. You get what you need to learn, and you get so many people to share the work with. If you are a person who prefers to know a lot of people, this is the right place. And the trainings offered within the organization on technical as well as personality development are one among the best.

ConsDue to huge number of employee strength, the growth rate is controlled by conducting competency examinations every year. Your promotion and hike are dependent on that. Do not expect a major hike in salary, regardless of your experience and performance. The performance appraisal is nowhere related to your performance, and your performance appraisal is nowhere related to your salary hike.

Advice to Senior ManagementRather than hiring 1000s of people and keeping them on bench, hire a few good resources for a salary for which they'll be happy to work with.

Throw Me Under the bus

Desktop Support (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey hired me and liked my resume and background

ConsThey are more willing to please the client than there employees

They bascially allowed a client a small private marketing company to fire me for a complaint from an employee of the client that was just power tripping. They basically sat back and threw me under the bus without any fight what so ever.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No importance to employee satisfaction..

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsSafe place to work and lot of projects are available..

ConsLot of Politics , processes are applicable only for low level employees.

Good

Program Manager (Current Employee) New Brunswick, NJ

ProsIt's a worldwide, company, where people can grow and move from business to business learning the segments, and verticals. One can and will advance given the opportunity to do so. Wipro looks up to GE and tries to imitate GE's best practices.

ConsSince Wipro is a Hindu company, sometimes it could be challenging to understand their culture (in business) specially right at the top (CEOs, Chairman). One has to learn their ways of communication to reach them.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe flexible and accept the diverse way of doing business abroad. Treat your employees abroad with respect and dignity and embrace an open communication culture; no silos, no tittles.

ok

ProsOnsite opportunity, no variable salary

Consmangers, bad work culture, low compensation

Good company to experience the sizable teams with good training programs for offshore.

Project Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTrainings at offshore.
    Opportunity is there for some technology.

ConsExpect growth without proper investment.
    Too much bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower people in real sense.

Good Learning experience provided through their training and customer projects

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood facilities and culture are provided

ConsCan give better compensation to the freshers joining the company and during their 1st appraisal round

My experience

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsLots of billable opportunity. Excellent learning portal. Cooperative mid/higher management.

ConsSalary is not up to market standard.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on employees

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Program Management Experience in Financial Services

ConsWork-life balance is not supported well

Worked for Wipro? Contribute to the Community!