Wipro Reviews

1. Good company

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wipro

Pros

Assessment based role performance is mandated. Opportunity to Learn technology, management, etc.. has is a pro

Cons

Advice to Management

Look at benefits, time-off policies, sales responsibilities to delivery teams and performance of multiple roles, variable pay linked to aggressive and non practical targets by the management

2. I prefer to continue with the same stage to increment more master learning.

Former Intern - Project Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Wipro as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perfect colleagues to work with, awesome industry to pick up information even like fresher or as experience.

Cons

very little i recalled of. It is hard to fulfill each one, however I must say it helps in explaining our specialized information and expert learning.

Advice to Management

I here by exhortation higher administration to give more profession chances to previous representatives and for Graduation understudies.

3. It was a good place to start a career (out of school). But get out after 2 years or your career will suffer.

Former Employee - Consultant - BA in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant - BA in Houston, TX

I worked at Wipro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally the company is in good financial standing, and has leveraged itself well in the market (IT Solutions) globally.

Cons

Its an Indian company with that HR mentally in all of its offices globally. Poor compensation, no room to advancement, and big disconnect between middle and upper tier mangers.

5. Not a true global company... Wipro grows by acquisition but continues to run as an Indian company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Wipro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is great company for those working in India.

Cons

Unable to change adapt the business model to be anything other than an offshore SI. It is extremely difficult to get anything done if you are an employee in the US or UK. Morale is very, very low in these country offices.

Advice to Management

Form a new company for the North American and EMEA acquisitions. Develop local HR, legal and financial policies, rather than continuing to run these functions from India.

6. Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Wipro

Pros

Actually nothing, its all big talks around customer and clients.

Cons

-Lowest salary(eg. from customer/client charge 120k and paying employee just 38k, thats reality)
    -too much politics
    -only prefer to hire indian not white or black(any doubt just check it)
    -if you are in good band than you will get some info otherwise u'll be blind
    -worst company to work for in world
    -too much fraud
    -hard to understand why good companies dealing with this kind of worse companies.

Advice to Management

-Please stop politics
    -Treat your employee with dignity and Equilly
    -pay you employee with atleast minimum

7. SAP ABAP Review

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Wipro

Pros

1. Very good employer.
    2. Work environment is very good.

Cons

I didn't see any issues.

8. Too many "promises"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wipro

Pros

Work is laid back and relaxed. The manager doesn't hover over your head all the time.

Cons

Its difficult to trust in a company which gives you plenty of promises and not a lot to back them up. The first of which the promise if a very tempting salary, however after you sign the papers, you find out that the salary is actually split into a base and a "bonus" category; of which bonuses are awarded on a quarterly basis.

The next issue is you are not told that the first quarter working for the company, you do not see any of that bonus. the bonus for the 1st quarter will be give by the end of the 2nd quarter. That was never made clear during the interview and frankly it almost sounds like a cheat.

The other problem is that company red-tape is very arduous. Rarely anything gets put through unless you nag consistently, and even then you are not guaranteed to get what you need.

Finally, the atmosphere in the company is, "Don't get comfortable". Most practically do not have an assigned desk. It gives a sense of uneasiness as you spend some time wondering where your place in the company is.

Advice to Management

There is a clear separation between employees and upper management. Only direct managers have visualization on the upper management, and this leaves the employees feeling uneasy.

Cut down on the propaganda and splashscreens that change every reboot trying to convince employees of the great work culture. There is a power separation, especially between the US and the India headquarters. Almost nothing is certain.

Disconnected, very little transparency from managers.

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Wipro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues were all very nice and great to work with.

Good salary for a recent graduate

Great work-life balance

Cons

Received very little training. And what we did get was from a third party that used examples from a different industry.

Very little transparency from the management on where we were going as a practice/team.

Globally spread out team so I felt very disconnected and it proved harder to make good connections.

Seems like they were a resourcing/IT firm trying to break into consulting so they didn't really have defined methodologies to teach younger employees. Felt like sometimes management was making things up as they went.

Very little room for moving up in both salary and career path. Doesn't help when your line manager is halfway around the world and can't help you secure billable roles.

They say they care about keeping their employees, but in my time there I saw many mid to high level employees dropping like flies and heading to the big American consulting firms.

Advice to Management

Take the time/money to train younger employees and realize they that are the future of your company. Or they'll just grow elseware.

The worst experience ever.....

Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Wipro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I hated leaving the supervisor I worked with. The decision was out of his hands.

Cons

Payroll. Payroll always messes up my paycheck. I can count on one hand the number of times they actually got my pay right. They automatically switched my tax status to exempt, so now I owe the IRS almost $3,000USD in back taxes because Wipro's payroll never updated my tax status after trying every avenue possible.

Advice to Management

Hire people that actually know what they're doing in payroll and make people wear deodorant when working in the U.S.

11. Wipro Review

Current Employee - Architect II in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Architect II in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wipro part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work environement is very good

Cons

There is no global exposure

Advice to Management

Need to focuss more on people management