Wipro

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Wipro CEO IT Business, Executive Director, and Director T. K. Kurien

T. K. Kurien

83 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company for early career professionals

Consulting Manager (Former Employee)

ProsVariety of projects across multiple industry verticals

ConsCan be quite bereaucratic at middle management levels

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't underpay the best guys out of the company in the pursuit of short-term results

Miss alignment of expectations and no responsibility to perform task optimally

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

Prosremuneration is aligned or slightly above market rate

Cons- Poor management
    - Very bureaucratic
    - Hierarchical
    - Indian centric
    - lack of demonstrable capability
    - no work life balance. if you invest heavily in your people treat them as assets

Advice to Senior Management- If you hire high calibre experienced personnel allow them more free reign and empower them and be supportive, "Rome was not built in a day"
    - Listen to your people and put in place actions to address their concerns
    - Focus on core competency

overall experience is good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood training, workspace facility, transportation, career opportunity

ConsAnnual appraisal, UCF, free pool, diversification

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people, horrible bureaucracy

Principal Analytics Consultant (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsPeople are generally good both professionally and as human beings. There is the usual politics but generally no nastiness. Huge Indian placid and pacifist cultural influence. Being not an offshore employee, allows me to have great freedom. There is no micro management from my boss. Very flat org if you are not in the delivery organisation.

ConsReally horrible bureaucracy. A company ran as civil service, everything has a process and a procedure. Some of the treatment of our offshore colleagues is terrible. Very little lateral thinking ensue from such a culture. Investing in the business is next to impossible without the support of some sales team who generally are clueless. The matrix org is a nightmare and teams compete against each other. Some prefer teaming up with external partners to working internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horses, fix the bureaucracy and make the company leaner. Spin off businesses that do not fit the low cost model and are content driven into stand alone lean long term ventures (e.g. analytics).

Working onsite in the UK

SAP Consultant (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsGood work environment if you are lucky to have good managers, for which I have been fortunate enough.
    The UK offer letter is a strange one, where you are recorded as an offshore employee sent onsite but issued with a local offer letter.

ConsPolicies are not employee friendly, onsite pay is very low for those sent on secondment abroad. Travel expenses provided are not enough for good sustenance in a foreign location.
    There is no work life balance this again depends on your reporting manager and the client that you get to work for.

great benefits and worklife balance but work is stock standard of any other systems implementation consulting company

Business and Transformation Consultant (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

Prosgreat benefits, genuinly decent people (none of the arrogance you get from some big consulting firms), for a consulting company, they really emphasise on having a worklife balance and ensuring you are being looked after.

Conswork isn't varied, quite generic of any other Change Practice. Senior management attempt to support you however they really don't have time for it and i believe, the experience. It's a very young management team.

A company to NOT WORK FOR. The biggest mistake I ever did was to accept an offer from them.

Solutions Architect (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsEven if I try hard I cannot find any pros for this company.

ConsPeople management is poor, the career progression it is not based on your skills and experience but on the area you're coming from.
    They want to hire non indian professional but in the meetings they all speak they own language.
    They also have a poor sales team, poor project management and an attitude to make calls not to fix issues but only to annoy the reporter (is this a strategy to avoid issues?)

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to to some actual work. Management is not only pushing people to work harder but to motivate and inspire.
    If you want to work globally you must understand that there are different cultures an not only the Wipro way (that is a dead end).
    I will remove this company from my CV.

It was good some years back and it is worse recently

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Reading, England (UK)

ProsWipro was good place to work back in 2003. I suggested to join to people.

ConsNow a days it is all day to day billing. Hardly cares about employee satisfaction and benefits. People make policies and exceptions are given to whoever asks

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have long term vision about employee satisfaction and benefits

Awful middle management avoid working here at all costs

Practice Partner (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsGood salary, bonus paid regularly

ConsAwful middle management. They are mostly yes men, or relatives of someone in power
    Treated like a slave, no respect for individuals.
    5 days sick a year, then nothing...
    Martini management style, your expected to work, anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat staff like people not slaves. Realise that they have families and cant live in hotels for months on end.

A company with great potential but missing it due to verticals senior managements lack of experience and vision

Senior Business Development Manager (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsSome good skilled people, reasonable pay

ConsLack of experience of key vertical European heads, culture and values - good tag line but shame they don't follow through on honesty and integrity

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in true experience and knowledge of the vertical - too much of friends recruiting friends rather than bringing in knowledge and experience

Worked for Wipro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wipro reviews and ratings in United Kingdom — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wipro CEO T. K. Kurien. All 83 reviews posted anonymously by Wipro employees.