Wipro Reviews in United Kingdom

4,232 Reviews

Wipro CEO IT Business, Executive Director, and Director T. K. Kurien
T. K. Kurien
1,793 Ratings

Pros
  • Good work culture, good opportunities to work on new business domain (in 212 reviews)

• Good work environment if you are lucky to have good managers (in 207 reviews)

Cons
  • Wonderful Work-Life Balance culture with very friendly employee benefit program (in 171 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance culture, Compensation is less (in 53 reviews)

More Highlights

86 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Data warehousing Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best place to start Career

Cons

Too big company to work

One if the worst company in terms of policies and salary structure

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dont really see any Pros.

Cons

This review is for Wipro Technologies (IT Sector).
    UCF exam which if you dont clear you may be asked to leave company, this exam even if you clear once next yr they will ask u to take again saying syllabus has changed which is really pathetic and madness. Also this is made aware after you join wipro.
    Practice/CoE ppl struggle most because vertical ppl dont consider them and practice dont have more control for appraisals/hikes.
    Learning curve is most horrific and worrying factor, ppl themself will agree that it is not really adding any value to their experience, customers dont respect wipro much as a quality vendor.
    Policies are the worst part when you travel onshore, no accomodation/guest house facility you need to arrange on ur own, they will pay u indian salary for initial 3 months and per day basis for expenses incurred on food and accomodation so basically your initial 3 months are as good as you are at offshore and some ppl may return also in those 3 months also so basically its not onshore trip but just a local trip in terms of savings from salary.
    There are lot of hidden policies, like they will deduct your onshore salary to pay your pf and even employer pf in india. They are deducting more amount at onshore but are paying less in indian account saying that excess amount is for employer contribution towards PF (Pathetic).
    When employee return from onshore they need to settle the FTR (Foreign Travel Request) which means the advance amount given to employee and until they dont settle the last month of onshore salary is not given.
    Appraisals are just name sake and are decided by higher management, ppl even are blamed by managers saying that since you are in this team thats your mistake and thats why we cant give you good rating and you can do what ever you want its ur wish. HR is just for name sake to obey what senior managers say.
    Very poor hikes almost like 2-3% anually.
    Like this there are n no. of reasons for which you will feel later that why I joined this company.
    PLZ PLZ AND PLZ IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER OPTION GO FOR IT AND NEVER JOIN THIS COMPANY ELSE YOU WILL BE DISSAPPOINTED LATER.

If the worst management we need to identify from all companies then it will be Wipro who will rank 1st. I think management need to change and also change the policies else attrition rate is going to shoot high which has been in till now.

There were high and lows but mosty lows and I am happy to jump this ship very soon

I have been working at Wipro

Pros

Good infrastructure, If you get onsite opportunity then the payment will be good

Cons

From where shall I start:
    1) Company has pathetic retention policy(no wonder why the attrition is so high)
    2) HR never care about employees
    3)Compensation is poor as compared to other companies
    4)Regionalism is rampant
    5) Managers are dumb.

Restructure the entire hierarchy and introduce a stern test to allow only the best candidate to become managers. And seriously work on HR policies.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Needs more trimming down of management

I have been working at Wipro

Pros

Good learning experience they have a vast portal to lear tools and stuff.

Cons

very monotonous and the 9.5 hours hurts the most.

trim down the management.

Very Good

I have been working at Wipro

Pros

Good Projects, lot of scope to learn, good onsite ops

Cons

Keep the good work going

None

A good experience

Current Employee - Manager  in  Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people across the globe, a huge variety of work and opportunities, particularly if you like to travel. The Management are now recognising the need to hire more local staff in each geography which is beneficial for the UK and Wipro as a global player.

Cons

With all large companies processes can be slow and difficult, this company is no exception and could really do with a hard look at streamlining all internal processes.

Recognise local locations and the nuances of different cultures and match processes accordingly

SAP Consultant

I have been working at Wipro full-time

Pros

few oppotunities
    Not good company
    Plenty politics
    not good salary
    not many benefits

Cons

Not good company
    Plenty politics
    not good salary
    not many benefits

Many opportunities worldwide

Current Employee - Head  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Diverse business in IT area, with many clients and projects all over the world.
    High maturity processes.
    Carrer Path and people management.
    Induction programs to help people integration.

Cons

Lack of 'local' sensitivity - most of the business is controlled and managed centrally.
    Some managers protect themselves by not allowing their team to grow.
    Too India centric.

Provide 'true' empowerment and autonomy to local teams - they know the customer better.

You couldn't pay me enough money to work there again

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Wipro as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

some nice colleagues in the US

Cons

Everyone starts off with energy and enthusiasm for Wipro - it doesn't take long to realise its a company shackled to its Indian routes. Never have I worked for a company that was so disrespectful to its employees - openly disregarding non Indian opinion and expertise. Everyone works in fear of their Managers - most of which are also Indian who will shout at you in front of others. Horrible atmosphere - everyone is rude to each other - and the only way to get stuff done is to raise your voice. I had to wait 3 months for my first pay cheque - you get lied to regularly - they don't trust anyone.

Stop being racist.

Not a right company to work

Former Employee - Architect  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Architect in London, England (UK)

I worked at Wipro full-time for more than a year

Pros

I did not saw anything positive thing during my tenure with Wipro.

More important is fair and commitments . Which is no way part of Wipro culture.

Cons

Very bad experience with wipro. No respect for technical staff. Managers work culture is like hitler treatment.
    No work life balance. Managers are always expecting you to work on weekend and off hours. Policies are not transparent to employees. All depends upon your manager and assignment.

The focus is only to bill employee no matter profile is matching or not. Once you joined Wipro will realize unfair and all false statement made by HR during your joining / selection period

Even after left company very bad experience with full and final process. Its not a professional company to work.

I never saw this type of Bad company in my career life so far.

Too many managers and every one has different world.

Managers needs some training to work with professionals . Most of the managers are coming from India location where they have experience to handle only RUKIES ( students ). They need some training to work with professionals and in different geographical location and multi culture environment.

Worked for Wipro? Contribute to the Community!