Wire Stone Reviews

Dan Lynch

1. Account Director

Current Employee - Account Director in Palm Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Account Director in Palm Springs, CA

I have been working at Wire Stone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing people
    - Fantastic corporate culture
    - Honestly care about their employees well-being and happiness
    - Lots of positive reinforcement at all levels
    - Smart, strategic thinking

Cons

- Some challenges managing highly in-demand resources

Advice to Management

- Keep filling talent needs to grow the business
    - Maintain the culture as we continue to grow

2. Great people Great talent Great results

I have been working at Wire Stone

Pros

Amazing people, smart professionals...it's a company with minimal ego's and maximum talent, working harmoniously together.

Cons

Heavy outside construction near our Seattle office makes it difficult to concentrate

Long hallways cause long phone hours and limited collaboration.

I have been working at Wire Stone

Pros

Nice people. Good designers and some strong creative. Seem to offer fair compensation for the market. No personal growth or training opportunities, you are literally "thrown in."

Cons

Most projects here are small-scale and one-off. Websites, and re-work projects. No end to end marketing campaigns. For someone who has worked on complex problems or projects the work at this agency is too granular and not exciting. Client engagement and account management could be much stronger at this agency as well as how work is allocated. Localize and collaborate for stronger output. Majority of people have worked here a long time and set in there ways, regardless of whether it is a good approach. Culture and kindness was talked about a lot but I don't witness this due to constant virtual team and lack of a consistent experiences. High volumes of busy work.

Decent health insurance, no other benefits of working here.

Advice to Management

Leadership should focus on the bigger picture, demonstrating executive maturity, and qualifying leads. Hire

Join now

Current Employee - Creative in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Creative in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Wire Stone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wirestone is an agency on the cusp of achieving more greatness. A key difference from other agencies is that WireStone has an integrated strategy group allowing them to move up the ranks with their clients, leapfrogging the traditional agencies with the types of engagements they are being asked to work on.
    Wirestone was born from the joining of several small agencies which brings with it the many benefits established agencies are trying to bring back. The down side of this is, at times, WireStone struggles between its roots and acting like the world class agency it is. Management appears to be actively recruiting from the larger agencies bringing in the best of agency practices while still keeping to their small agency heritage.
    The culture is genuine and oddly does stretch across all offices. I have many tight relationships with colleagues in offices other than my "home" office which is a testament to WireStone always trying to hire the right person who doesn't just do good work but is also good to work with.

Cons

Career path and growth is vague. Part of the small agency heritage WireStone is still working through.

Advice to Management

It would say a lot to invest in your employees by investing in their future with 401k matching.

Insanely talented and wicked smart people, in an environment that respects the humanity of work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wire Stone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This agency is all about bringing out the best in people to do great work for its clients. It favors curious-minded, self-starter types that like to collaborate and are mentally agile. The focus is on generating great ideas and what you can do to help solve a client's business problem, sans the politics and bureaucracy.

Cons

Like any agency, the pressure is always on to deliver, deliver, deliver.

7. Uber creative, strategic, intelligent and friendly people

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Wire Stone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is very involved in the success of our clients and employees. They allow the staff to take ownership of our respective work functions and don't micromanage our teams. My supervisor is always there if I need him -- he's a great leader and is always teaching me something new while encouraging me to use my skills and experience. He also is very transparent in sharing information from the management group and about the health and growth of our organization.

Cons

As a newer employee, the on boarding process could have been a little more organized (from an HR perspective), however, from a work perspective I was given the rope to just dive in and get started right away. I was fortunate enough to have a "buddy" assigned to help me with the transition, which was great!

Advice to Management

Find ways or encourage employees to interact within our office and across the different locations more frequently.

8. Exciting Company, Great Culture, Wonderful People, Interesting Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Wire Stone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employees, fun environment and inviting spaces. We laugh a lot and work with some of the most creative and smart business minded professionals in the industry.
    We have a great executive team. They are transparent, they are good to their teams, and they believe in the growth of the company as much as the growth of the individual.
    We have a great culture. Wire Stone is supportive of a healthy work/life balance and are flexible with family committments. There is a focus on wellness of the body and mind, and a real effort to connect as a team to experience true community.

Cons

Could benefit from having a new hire orientation to make a new person feel that they understand the company, departments, and org chart. Strong HR procedures and on boarding process would help a new employee feel more grounded in their understanding of their job, their management and their expectations.

It's all in the manifesto

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Wire Stone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will never be bored of Wire Stone. It is not the sort of place where boredom occurs, and no day is quite like the next.

People at Wire Stone are among the kindest, most talented you could ever wish to meet.

It is a great place for career growth and opportunities to learn from your colleagues.

The salary and the benefits are competitive. The health insurance benefits are especially good.

Cons

You will never be bored. Occasionally, you may wish you were. \o/

Have struggled with a work / life balance, but also struggle with being a workaholic. Two pieces of advice I would offer are:

* You set your own pace and it largely up to you to keep it sustainable. If you need help all you need is to ask for it.

* Don't be afraid to market yourself. It is good experience.

Advice to Management

Thank you. Through all the ups-and-downs I have loved and continue to love being a Wirestoner!

10. could not be happier with my career at Wire Stone

I have been working at Wire Stone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wire Stone is a company led by thoughtful, down-to-earth executives who sincerely work to do what is best for their employees. I have grown up professionally and personally inside of this company, and have always been offered the support and trust I need to exceed my goals. I have experienced career growth beyond what I thought possible and have seen many of my peers do the same, as we have evolved from a small, scrappy organization to a professional company with clear career paths and regular internal promotions. I'm certainly biased in support of this organization, because they have had my back at every turn. My coworkers, peers, and bosses sincerely care about me as a person and work to set me up for success. Not only would I recommend this company to a friend, lots of my friends wish they worked here and we have hired a few of them!

Cons

We are such a transparent company that leadership decisions are openly questioned, as you can see by the reviews on this site. While our managers and executives successfully managed our company through an economic downturn that hit a lot of independent marketing companies really hard, those hard decisions caused morale challenges for a lot of people who had been here since the early days. The only thing that really gets me down at work is hearing the complaints of few impact the upward momentum of the rest of the crew. However, there is less talk about the past and more focus on the future every day. The last couple years have been full of positive momentum and I have a lot of faith in the leadership in place at this company!

Great company full of opportunities for the talented self-starters.

I have been working at Wire Stone full-time

Pros

Work-life balance is more than talk here.

Cons

Fragmented office set up makes cross-office personal relationships hard.

Advice to Management

More company parties.

RSS Feed </> Embed