Wireless Advocates Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
195 reviews filtered by
2.5
Carol Criner

Pros
  • Great pricing and being inside Costco beats the competition (in 14 reviews)

• You can make pretty decent money here while working very few hours (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Just whatever upper management wants to place them at (in 14 reviews)

• Most people work very long hours and have bad work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

1. My experience there overall was great.

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Representative in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Representative in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Wireless Advocates

Pros

They had Awesome commission splits

Cons

Beware of Low base pay

2. Good Company to start a career in Sales

I worked at Wireless Advocates

Pros

Sales can be a stressful job when based around commissions Wireless Advocates does an amazing job with employee recognition and giving positive feedback to its employees.

Cons

Pay has been decreased. Shifts often overstaff making it difficult for a commissions based job

Operations of the kiosks is very outdated. Needs to be updated.The technology industry is fast paced and innovative were WA opertions and logistics is not.

3. Not bad, but gets draining

I worked at Wireless Advocates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can work Independently, good customers inside of Costco

Cons

Difficult to move up in company

5. WSE

Current Employee - WSE Wireless Sales Expert in San Dimas, CA
    Current Employee - WSE Wireless Sales Expert in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at Wireless Advocates part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun and laid-back environment, most of the time. Costco bubble. Selling three different carriers, gives you an edge.

Cons

Lack of training would improve the quality of sales associates hired.

Focus on training and hiring quality sales associates. Show appreciation to the top quality cells associates.

6. District Sales Manager

Former Employee - District Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - District Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Wireless Advocates

Pros

Working with Costco leaders and developing relationships with all the Account Managers in different wireless companies.

Cons

Need a higher level of training for new hires. Too much time is spent on keeping the kiosks on the isle when the kiosks have no control on where costco places them.

stay away!

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there was nothing positive about wireless advocates

Cons

everything was negative about wireless advocates

treat your employees better and they will care about their job

8. Make the best of it.

I have been working at Wireless Advocates

Pros

The pay is ok working part time during college, and this is also a good job to work right after you graduate for experience. The biggest benefit in my opinion is that if you put your own effort into it, while having a positive outlook, you can gain great sales experience.

Cons

long hours, inefficient tools, inefficient work space, little communication throughout the company.

9. Great for experience but you have to make the best of it.

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Has a laid back environment for the most part, you learn as you work. With the right coworkers can be very pleasant.

Cons

Having to be aggressive with sales may be great for some but challenging for many. Also if you work at a location with lots of potential(members with money to spend) you will do fine.

10. Changes every week

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MI

I have been working at Wireless Advocates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Something new to learn and do everyweek
    Fast paced environment.
    fun people
    customer interaction

Cons

Company is constantly changing, new programs,
    Very Stressful
    Lots of trainings...

the trainings dont really go over anything important.

11. Unacceptable

Current Employee - WIRELESS SALES EXPERT

I have been working at Wireless Advocates part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The job was extremely easy if you have experience in wireless sales. Located in Costco so their were many benefits for members that helped sales.

Cons

PAY! This job pays MINIMUM WAGE! I asked if there were ever any raises, and I was told you get a raise by raising your sales. I worked in the wireless industry for years and this pay was actually somewhat belittling. Granted you can make commission, but if your only scheduled 18 hours a week it becomes increasingly difficult to attain a reasonable commission check. Costco management treated us like we didn't belong there and that we were a burden, granted that may have just been this location in particular, but I never felt welcome by most of the employees. I am lucky I had experience in wireless because if I hadn't I would have failed miserably. My second day working in the kiosk the manager tried to leave me alone 5 hours before closing. I literally had to threaten to leave as well because I didn't have a clue as to how to work the systems. The training is a few online training courses that you are limited in time to take so the company doesn't have to pay you as much. Their were no benefits unless you were management, not even for full time. I asked if I could get some extra hours but was told I would have to go to different locations and the cost of gas outweighed the benefit of maybe getting a few sales. At one point I was told I would have to travel to a different city that was over an hour away and as a bonus I could get a $50 Costco cash card if I really wanted the extra hours. At the time of hire I was told I would average 30 hours a week which is now laughable. I should have gotten the hint to stay away when I was told during the interview that they don't discuss hourly pay. I honestly felt like I was hired under false pretenses. I was told that if our DM visited our kiosk I couldn't have my lunch there. The Costco employees didn't care for you to be there so putting things in their fridge was all but out of the question. Your not allowed to sit and the fatigue mats inside the kiosk do very little for support, while the Costco cashiers all had multiple mats to stand upon. I could go on and on, I have high expectations for my work space and expect a certain level of professionalism that was non-existent with this company. I wouldn't recommend this position to anyone who is used to making more than 20K a year, have a family to support, or are used to working with professionals.

Consider a pay raise for your employees. Although you motivate people to sell more when they make minimum wage it does nothing to boost morale.

Wireless Advocates Photos