Wireless Advocates

www.wirelessadvocates.com

Wireless Advocates Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Carol Criner

Pros
  • Great pricing and being inside Costco beats the competition (in 13 reviews)

• Good pay if you know how to sell, good benefits for full timers (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Just whatever upper management wants to place them at (in 13 reviews)

• Most people work very long hours and have bad work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Not much upside for career, change commission structure too frequently.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pricing and being inside Costco beats the competition. Was able to push the best phones and make commission. Interact with different types of people to build social skills as well as communication with different vendors. Great starting job for college student.

ConsCommission dropped significantly over the two year time period I was there. Unorganized and the training is decent, but it entirely depends on your manager and how efficient they are. I experienced several managers who should not have been the leaders of the kiosk and took advantage of their employees by taking sales/switching shifts suddenly.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a clear strategy plan and communicate to the kiosk. Changing the commission values steadily over the last two years pushed the senior employees away. Take more time to analyze your manager staff rather then just trying to put a body in there. Hiring just Radio Shack employees is not the answer....

HQ Manager -- Company focused on the bottom line and only short term goal

Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsSmall company environment - I like that. I got to work on a lot of cross-department projects. Leadership doesn't make any investments into the company (systems, employee programs, etc)

ConsWork like balance was poor and compensation was below pare. Leadership doesn't make any investments into the company (systems, employee programs, etc) and breeds a toxic culture. Owner and Sr Exec also owns Car Toys. Seems like Wireless Advocates is his person ATM.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat Wireless Advocates like a sustainable company and build a long term strategy. Invest in the talent you have and in company systems and programs. Stop hiring talented managers & leaders and then ignoring their ideas and strategies.

Was happy but...

Anonymous (Current Employee)

Proshmmmm too exhausted from working from the past month without a day off to think of any pros...tired of 12 hour days...need a break

ConsWas happy but then they changed our commission significantly and the fact that if you lose 1 person you are stuck working every day 12 hour days.

Advice to Senior Managementlet the kiosk hire a 4th because you will lose good managers because you work them like dogs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quantity of sales over the quality of service.

WIRELESS SALES EXPERT (Former Employee) Winter Park, FL

ProsThere is an opportunity to sell a lot of products due to the access to a wide variety of mobile products.

ConsDue to the desire of the constant sales, they will push for numbers instead of quality service. Additionally, they reward most methods of selling mobile devices, good or bad. Because of this mentality, some substandard managers are hired over people who are more likely to ensure customers are taken care of (which is important, since the customers are COSTCO members).

Advice to Senior ManagementDecrease high turnover and sometimes low morale with better pay and benefits, especially for the lowest position, the actual Wireless Sales Experts (WSEs). Also, improve the ease of managing the kiosks including updating the antiquated store opening and closing procedure.

This company has potential

WIRELESS SALES EXPERT (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGain experience working on a commissioned sales. Often work independently or with little direct supervision.

ConsLack of basic functioning work tools and inventory. Commssions are getting smaller each year, and occasionally get taken away, seemingly at random for "improperly completed paperwork". Little to no growth, in the 2 years I worked for this company there were no promotions, and commissions were getting smaller, so we all technically are paid less. Ordering systems often go down on busy days causing us to lose sales. No customer management software, so sales often get stolen by co-workers. No APPLE PRODUCTS.

Advice to Senior ManagementProductivity is not properly tracked, so there is no way to properly reward the best employees. A consistent schedule or having work schedules made a week in advance would be helpful. I felt that my life was in disarray because I never knew my work schedule until a day or two in advance sometimes. Sell accessories.

Not the same company it used to be...

WSE Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee)

Pros-Decent Money
    -Discounts on personal account
    -Fast Paced
    -Great clientele

Cons-Little room for advancement
    -Little training (must learn as you go)
    -Corporate seems more interested in the money made than the employees needs

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They are the ones in the field, and are the heartbeat of your company.

Great company overall

Mobile Consultant (Former Employee) Stratham, NH

ProsCompensation was great and the district manager was one of the nicest I have ever had.

ConsTurned into a short term position because company dissolved partnership wit Staples.

Wireless Sales Expert

WIRELESS SALES EXPERT (Former Employee) Garden Grove, CA

ProsGood Prices because it is inside Costco
    Good traffic during weekend

ConsBad management
    You never know u will get fire
    Strong sales quotas to meet

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees

Terrible Company To Work For!

ProsThere is strong talent in the field that unfortunately are not being recognized in the corporate office.

ConsThe President, the CFO, the VP of Operations, two VP's of HR, and the Director of Stores were all fired or quit within the last year and a half. This company is a complete disaster.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not lie and treat your employees with respect. Also, budget your sales based on real numbers and not so that you will not have to pay out any field bonuses.

Ok for part time with

ProsDecker lines are great.
    Get first access to new cellular technology.
    Carry 3 different carriers so you have a solution for everyone.

ConsPoor corporate management.
    Minimum wage, Plus commission that gets cut yearly,which results in Turnover extremely high even for retail.
    Field level management is non existent.
    New district level management,from outside the company, every 8 to 16 months.
    Do not promote from with regardless of results.
    0 cost of living adjustments, and 0 raise for sales reps ever.
    Unrealistic goals every month. Raise goals on a percent they want to hit not on actual results.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuite pulling budgets out of thin air, and pay your employees. Listen to your employees and treat them like people and maybe your turnover will drop below80%.

Worked for Wireless Advocates? Contribute to the Community!