Wireless Lifestyle

Paul Kushnir

Could be better

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Wireless Lifestyle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are great and most customers are great. Working with technology is a great way to start a job:career

Cons

Working for the company for any extended period of time will still not get you anywhere higher in the company.

Somebody that works for the company should not be taken for granted and just be pushed to the side. Ask your employees about what you can do to change and make them wanna stay.

Fa·cade. Fəˈsäd/: An outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality.

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager

I worked at Wireless Lifestyle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

"Advancement opportunites" are present. Growth is a positive factor in any company, but mainly exists due to very high tunrover of both associates and managers.

Gained useful skills to utilize in other career opportunites. As a Retail Store Manager, you are exposed to almost every major aspect of management; from operations to recruiting to sales management.

Working in an environment with technology and fast-paced.

Cons

Work and life become one. There is no balance, especially when working in a management role. This is mainly due to consistently changing focuses and policies. The general outlook of upper management and the company when it comes to your role is "sacrifice", cut and dry. Regularly required to attend meetings or emergency meetings with a one day notice. Major Holiday times require almost double the hours. Required to be constantly available and active with your store through the use of regular phone calls and messaging applications on your days off. Questioned on your management dedication when asked for a day of silence.

Staffing. Due to the low pay given to employees (think $10.00/hr. base) and commissions being grossly deducted for CSAT (customer service satisfaction scores, think -20% and -30% for managers), employees are not too keen on the position itself and regularly regard the job as just that, a job. Commission deducts from CSAT are almost always due to wait times in store which is almost always due to limited staff which is almost always due to low pay which is almo-... see where this is going?

Once the micromanaging kicks in from DM's and trickles down to employees through managers, you find a lot of your team "checking out" and being fired or eventually quitting on their own to leave for employers. This leads to CONSTANTLY being under-staffed. The recruitment process can be grueling to get your store staffed, and then once you have a full store, another needs coverage or an employee gets transferred. All of the coverage issues are the "manager's responsibility", leading to working 55+ hours a week. With the low base pay for management as well, this equates to roughly $11-$12/hr. WITHOUT overtime pay, as you are salaried. Remember, Costco Cashiers make more than that.

Poor policy adherence and enforcement. Policies seem to slide by the over-performers and be more strictly enforced with the under-performers. As long as you're selling above your goals and staying off the radar, you'll stay off all radars.

The Core Values can easily be compared to a storefront in Pyongyang, North Korea. They serve as a mask for management and the company as a whole to better position their outlandish goals and their micromanaging tactics. For example... you left work to go home at your scheduled time off to maybe live a bit of your life, but you didn't sell 100% of your goal that day, you are now considered not to be leading by example and you are now not "Exceeding Expectations". Be ready to be required to write an "action plan" email about it tomorrow.

Employment threats were a regular occurrence. Being told your position is expendable, does not exactly help instill "Optimism".

In essence, you will be underpaid. You will constanly feel that your job is on the line. You will spend more time in your store than you do in your home.

Employee appreciation is lacking in a major way. Analyze your staffing model to provide more coverage in stores. Pay your employees a wage that actually compensates them for the time they spend in stores, performing more than the same duties as Sprint Corp. employees.

Don't work here if you can avoid it.

I have been working at Wireless Lifestyle

Pros

There really are no pros.

Cons

Anti-social behavior is rewarded.

Fire yourselves and look in a mirror.

Worst Career Move Ever

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Wireless Lifestyle

Pros

The days will fly by because there are so many things hitting your plate day in and day out - that there just isn't enough hours in the day.

Cons

So many priorities - every single day. The pay structure is set up so that the company actually collects a profit off your hard - earned commissions. Unfairly taking away 20% of monthly commissions for low CSAT ratings - which aren't even calcuated correctly. This company also has a very high turnover of employees in the sales field which is a BAD sign. Some of the posts on here that are positive are coming from the internal home office - where I think employees are treated better because they are able to build relationships with the HR department, CEO and VP. If your pay structure is so great - why are all your sales people constantly quitting and leaving??

Quit taking commissions from the sales people, the store managers and the DM's. If you're going to deduct for CSAT - at least do it the right way. If only a "5" rating counts on a survey, and 75%+ of your customers are giving you a 5 - that's something to celebrate! 75% of your customers are extremely satisifed! It's not right that a 4, 3, 2 and 1 reflect as a ZERO. That is

RSM got in and now quickly started looking for way out

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Wireless Lifestyle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Advancement if you're dedictated to work 24/7

Cons

Misleading pay.
    favoritism.
    core values that nobody follows.
    unstable pay structure.

Get on the same pay and stop changing pay structure and stop Punishing the good salesman month after month.

It may seem rough at first, but it is worth it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Wireless Lifestyle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been working here at the home office for almost a year now. I was offered what I felt was great compensation (especially compared to previous employment); my schedule was flexible, but I am also on-call; I get OK health benefits that don't cost too much for myself, but the benefits aren't the greatest either. I show up to my job every day of the week and even though it can be tough dealing with everything I need to take care of, I'm still happier than I've ever been. This was the perfect opportunity for me, who has not completed college, to utilize my skills appropriately, and to help others in the process.

There is a commission structure for those in the field, as well as opportunities for travel, whether that involves visiting a new location to help set up and get them going, or to actually move to a whole new location. As far as field positions go, there is a great amount of advancement opportunity if you're willing to travel a bit.

Cons

In my particular position, there's not much I could do to move upwards unless the company expanded and restructured job titles. Aside from that, there was a period of time where the home office and field employees weren't on the same page, but there were some internal changes and that is now getting better.

I've read each review on this website and the ones that are completely negative with just one star are only telling you part of the story. The job can be difficult, even from a non-sales perspective, but we have hundreds of employees who do it each and every month without complaints. Also, this is a wireless retailer. With any wireless retailer, there are trends in the market where one player makes a bold move (pricing plans change, new phones, etc) and sales with either go up, or go down. Do not get discouraged over one low month of sales, because you will bounce back and have a great month.

Maintain focus on supporting the field. That's what a lot of us here are for, and without the field, we wouldn't have this job. Paul (the CEO) does a great job at making sure the field has the tools they need to do their job, while making sure we set the bar high enough that we're all making money.

Good place to gain experience, you are pushed hard to achieve results.

Current Employee - Home Office (Non-management) in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Home Office (Non-management) in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Wireless Lifestyle full-time

Pros

Working in an environment of technology for a fast growing company where there are opportunities for advancement . Discounted cell phone service plan and wireless accessories. Matching 401k.

Cons

Poor health insurance benefits Pay is low to average. Corporate partner seems disorganized and lack leadership. No real bonus structure to speak of for non sales employees.

Consider paying your employees more and rewarding based on excellence. Too many people on the wrong page and not held accountable for their mistakes.

never again

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wireless Lifestyle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to be at a store with a great and knowledgeable staff then the team work mentality is great. youll need it in order to deal with this job.

Cons

Unreasonable hours. I've seen "reviewers" on here say that you must be lazy if you don't like. Go get an "easy" job or work fast food if you don't want to work hard. That is the mentality that these people have. You are NOT lazy because you want to see your family and friends more than once a month. you are not lazy because you think it is stressful and unfair to work (illegally) 12 days in a row. Yes, you get paid overtime but at what cost? Sales associates start off at ten dollars an hour so you can work 65 hours and still barely make ends meet. Good luck if you have children. You are encouraged to flat out lie about policies to customers in order to keep metrics up so your higher-ups get paid their cut. If you don't then you are micro managed to death with text messages and what feels like 1,000 emails a day. This isn't boiler room guys! We sell cellular devices and services! I didn't pitch the tablet to the 85 year old lady because she doesn't understand it or need it. She is on a fixed income and doesn't need a finance fee plus 15 more dollars already added on to her already astronomical bill for service that is sub-standard at best. your phone connect is awful and nobody needs a home phone anymore. It's so much easier to sell products you actually believe in. HR is non-existent. Whose side our you guys really on here? If an employee writes your department an email about how they were berated and cussed at by a manager for simply asking questions why instead of you responding and taking the complaint seriously would you forward the email to the people that the complaint was about and do nothing? Why then should that person have to hear said manager talk about how they need to "get rid of that guy as soon as possible"? you'll work your tail off for these people make them money and still feel under valued and used up. Boo hoo right? No, not right the turn over is high for a reason. Who does that reflect on? Surely it must be all the lazy people who couldnt cut it. All the bs might be tolerable if you didnt feel so dirty doing it. If there are any Sprint customers reading this just know that if they ever tell you they don't offer two year contracts and you have to switch to some new confusing and expensive plan that that is a lie. It's that they make more money off that. call corporate and complain. Not Wireless Lifestyle corporate I mean the real sprint. potential employees run for your life and never look back. I learned a lot about how to con people at this job but I swear I'm not lying about this.

Encourage morals and treat your employees fairly not just on paper but in real life. respect their time and effort. pay what sprint pays. your commission structure is a joke. youre the only ones laughing.

Underpaid, Overworked, Clueless "Corporate" office

Current Employee - Store Manager in Blaine, MN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Blaine, MN

I have been working at Wireless Lifestyle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a job...that's about it.

Cons

Lack of leadership, no communication, expected to work 50+ hours and if you have a family don't plan on spending any time with them.

Start communicating better with your staff.

Regional Recruiter for seven different markets

Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Wireless Lifestyle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working for WL because of the great atmosphere. They are always wanting to help you grow and learn more to help you succeed. The open door policy let your thoughts and ideas be heard. It is a very fun environment, lots of celebrations and event, including a fun trip to Vegas.

Cons

Compensation is not huge, but they try to give you an average. They want you to work hard to achieve what you deserve, which is truly a con however, it you are not a motivated individual this may not be the company for you.

n/a