Wireless Reviews

Shawn Cunix

1. Over this place

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can pretty much do whatever you want. Hang out with ur friends. Watch Netflix. Smoke a million cigarettes. You name it.

Cons

Too many to list. Commission. Over worked and under paid. Managers suck and don't know anything. Too much favoritism. Sexist. Unprofessional. I could go on and on.

2. Pays The Bills

I have been working at Wireless full-time

Pros

You get to meet nice people and understand Verizon and the sales that they have to offer. Technical aspect helps with future sales, plus its a lucrative driven career. It's endless amounts of money that can be invoiced per month. Most of the staff is knowledgeable about the career here.

Cons

A lot of work to maintain ahead of the curve which almost feels like you have the status of a boss, but get paid the littlest on the totem pole. It seems like you have to sacrifice more than what you already expected to sacrifice. Not enough pay unless you hit the ground running with really good sales and know what one's you need to push for at the beginning of the month.

Advice to Management

More time with staff and more openness to retaining a family like atmosphere instead of pushing numbers.

3. Pennies

I have been working at Wireless full-time

Pros

the other employees are mostly easy to get along with. Management can't be a little micro managing but not too bad.

Cons

Horrible commission structure, too many categories with goals you have to hit to get paid. Hard work for little pay in this industry.

Advice to Management

Make the goals obtainable and stop changing everything at once. Quit shuffling employees from store to store.

5. Good place to work

I have been working at Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have good benefits, a competitive environment, and competitive compensation. It is a standard retail job with opportunities to advance and make a decent living.

Cons

The company lacks direction and seems unstable at times. Compensation changes too frequently, snap decisions are made without consulting all upper management, and some of the managers are clueless.

Advice to Management

Don't leave so many unknowns for your employees. Let them in on the behind the scenes things occasionally so that the direction of the company is clear from top to bottom.

6. Not what you might think!

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None to speak of its a mid sized company with a money hungry CEO!!!

Cons

Where to start! You usually have only two-four people in a store so be prepared to be at the store a lot even when you don'tv want to. The total structure of the company needs to change, a lot of favoritism amongst reps that have been with the company a while (fraty) atmosphere not for people who like to be professional. Even management can be very unprofessional. Benefits are horrible only half paid by the company! PTO is a joke 7 days all year and you don't get anymore for a long time. Base pay is not very good for what you have to put up with from the customers. Commissions are non-existent unless the store makes the goal! Doesn't matter what you make just as long as the company gets the profit that's all that matters. The CEO of the company gambles away company profits and expect s is to do more in the stores to make up for it. Lastly you move around too much they place you in different stores when you do too good in one they place you in another so you don't gain a customer base! Super High Turnover.

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO, reform the entire company from the bottom up and for The love of God, please pay your employees what they deserve if they do well! If not then you will keep losing good employees.

7. Director

Current Employee - Director in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Wireless (More than 10 years)

Pros

The professional development gained here has been supported by a non micromanaging culture which fosters individual accountability and self motivation

Cons

Would only recommend more interaction with the entire team, more team building.

8. Wireless Connection Center Employee

Current Employee - Wireless Connection Center Employee in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Wireless Connection Center Employee in Cumming, GA

Pros

I love helping customers purchase new phones on the Edge program. I love fixing their phones technically. Setting them up, and trouble shooting them, Teaching them how to work and use them well.

Cons

None. except, I really want to spend time trouble shooting errors in a phone and helping customers fix errors and teach them how to use their phones. At a big large store you don't have time to work with them and trouble shoot their problems.

Advice to Management

I worked for Hewlett Packard in teaching customers. I have much technical experience in trouble shooting phones, software and helping people from a help desk fixing customers phones and giving good customer service. Also when they hang up their phone is working and they are pleased customers and will go no where but Verizon. Have been doing this for 10 years.

9. Don't work here you deserve better!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

Pros

You get to sit around and watch YouTube videos because it's so slow. You will only make good money at these locations. Tarpon springs, springhill. Everywhere else you won't make anything in comparison.

Cons

Everything. Management is terrible, the company is sexist and racist and I am a male mind you making this observation. I can't even begin to tell you what makes this place so bad because I would be here for hours explaining everything. compensation is terrible,commission pay and hourly is awful compared to real verizon corporate or any mobile corporate location be it at&t or tmobile. They forced us to sell used cellphones to our customers, forced us to charge fees that real verizon stores do not charge , try to sell you four dollar cases for thirty bucks. Stay away from anything that says PREMIUM RETAILOR OR CELLAR SALES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY VERIZON! As a bonus here are some locations to avoid so you don't get tricked into buying from them. Tarpon springs, springhill, holiday, land o lakes, hudson, homosassa, roseavelt,Valrico, river view. All will mostly be located in publix plazas that's how you know it's not a real verizon. all right here in florida and locations in ohio mostly.

Advice to Management

You guys don't have a clue of what proper management is and God as my witnesses you'll suffer for it once your 75 other locations close down. 151 to 75 stores? Lol I'm sure that's a good indication of your job security. Stop trying to be tough and send out nasty emails and have some courage and say it to our face keyboard warrior's. But that's what happens when you have zero management skills.Stop spending money on cheap suits that don't fit you and take a management class or two. Also coming into work intoxicated probably isn't ideal unless you work for flexicom/we are wireless.

10. Flexibilty is the key to Wireless

Former Employee - Communications Representative
    Former Employee - Communications Representative

I worked at Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays the bills, holiday's push a great commission check, 2 days off within the week, decent good people to work with in the stores, great for spending time to help friends and family understand Verizon prices

Cons

Long hours, very little pay with no commission, long drives for meetings, customer's are too upset about another rep's wrong doings, commission is set by upper management and is seldomly predetermined because of last month, you are set to a store that won't be the best driving distance from home, must pick up phone with own gas money and you are not reimbursed.

Advice to Management

Please take time to actually visit the stores. Very few, if zero, higher management actually visits our stores unless you are in a meeting. I understand the numbers speak for themselves, but at least take time to not just promote people who "push the numbers to the extreme." Sometimes the best sales rep, is not necessarily the best manager of a store or anyone above them.

Lies! Lies! Lies! High turn over.

Current Employee - Communication Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Communication Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycheck every two weeks and you get to work with some really good people.

Cons

Where do I start. 1. All they talk about is Shawn Cunix. 2. Training is Garbage. 3. Some managers are Rude and dishonest. 4. Commission pay out is terrible. 5. Sell Comcast if you want to make money. 6. Never have phones in stock. 7. A lot of fraud. 8. District manger (I can go on for days about him) 9. Get fired for silly stuff. 10. No job security 11. Go get a job elsewhere

Advice to Management

Hired better managers.

RSS Feed </> Embed