Wireless Vision

Updated August 22, 2014

2.9

Wireless Vision CEO Saber Ammori
Saber Ammori

Pros
  • The product is not great but getting better thanks to LTE and some smart changes by T-Mobile (in 9 reviews)

• The commission structure is geared toward our company goals which drives and enables us to succeed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • and there is no work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Always short staffed leading to no work life home life balance (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A great place to work, if you put in the work

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Our monthly commission is fair given the fact that you do not need a college education to work for this company. The benefit package is one of the better deals I've seen. I also enjoy the family like environment amongst many of my coworkers.

Cons

Given the nature of the business, things are constantly changing. It can sometimes be a challenge keeping up.

Keep it up. I really like working here.

Best company to work at

Current Employee - Intern  in  Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Intern in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I have been working at Wireless Vision as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Family oriented, hard working, good environment, excellent leadership, exemplifies company values daily. I see why they have won Top Workplace Awards

Cons

None. This company works hard to meet everyones needs.

Keep up the great work! This is a wonderful place to work and I would highly recommend it

Sales

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Calumet City, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Calumet City, IL

I worked at Wireless Vision part-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has great benefits and has great commission opportunity

Cons

The company has no communication, Wrong management, not to concerned with customers.

Hire managers that care more about growing business than making friends.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst place to work on my career history!

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Wireless Vision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing to share besides the paycheck was nice, co workers cool.

Cons

The upper management team is worthless, they will tell you they care about the employees and customers but all they really care about is numbers and profit! They work the front line employees and management in the store to death while upper management is never in the stores during peak busy times which is nights and weekends and holidays. Go figure!

Work in the stores with your front line employees! Actually care about what your making us sell! Stop forcing employees to sell customers crap they don't need just to make your numbers!

Gain the experience and get out!!!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly dealing with customers and gaining the knowledge and experience.

-Sami Saba is an awesome trainer

Cons

-Management is horrible
    -They care nothing about the customers
    -They praise employees who lie and deceive only to try and cover up their support once they're found out
    -No matter what they say dont believe that croc of bs that they promote from within....(they will try to throw stats in to prove that they do but thats bull)
    -Just sell phones and direct them to customer care until they need to buy something else
    -They want you to be robot who does what they say with no opinions or ideas of your own
    -The revenue goals are bs...they dont use the formula that they came up with and if u ask about they just disregard u
    -The commission structure changed 3x since i started at the end of 2013

I really have no advice for you guys...to be honest your just gonna continue to gain millions on the backs of your overworked and underpaid employees while focusing on selling more than the customer service and actually addressing the issues of each customer

Numbers, Poor Training & Drama

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros of this company from an employee stand point include great health benefits, steady income plus commission, flexible scheduling, comfortable uniforms, lunch breaks, free branded merchandise from companies such as Samsung & LG.

The pros from a customer stand point include great plan pricing, great network, okay customer service, various options for bill paying and payment arrangements.

Cons

On the other end, the cons of working for Wireless Vision are immaculate: Poor Training, lack of growth due to poor training (having to learn as you go, hoping you don't mess up so bad to where you lose your job or tick off a customer/humiliate yourself), unreliable and untrustworthy management, immaturity is huge. The co-workers are terrible. They belittle each other, talk crap behind each others backs and try to involve you in it. Anything you say whether good or not, they try to turn it against you to make it sound terrible, then slander you name to the other co-workers and management. Basically if you don't do what they say you're done for (Micro-Management). They are also very negative and are bad influences. They do things they are not supposed to do all the time. They never want to get involved in anything, including the activities and all hands meetings, which is very draining (Why be here if you're not going to be involved or care, period?) The manager does the same thing. Sarcastic and very ignorant environment. They make fun of you every step of the way, mind you, these are 26+ year old people acting like they're in High School (Workplace Abuse). No matter the transaction, somehow you always have to get customer care involved...and you cannot always understand them...they even try to put their dealer code on your sale. The computers we use for transactions are terribly slow and are a huge inconvenience for any customer. To do a bill pay, it takes 20 minutes which is completely unacceptable, yet the company decides to place 75 inch televisions that cost thousands of dollars in the store that never get used, while the computers crash everyday (Customer Abuse).

No matter if you're in the middle of a sale with a customer or not, they make you clock out (Zero Overtime even when necessary). The management finds any reason to write you up, knowing that they did not train you or specify what is correct or incorrect. The employees short-cut everything (No Integrity). The operational duties are never done properly and time never allows you to complete things the way they should be because of the no overtime rules/new closing procedures. Certain revenue goals are highly unattainable and you basically are supposed to sell sell sell or get fired. What the customer wants does not matter. If they decline data or jump, employees push them or even add it to their account anyways just to hit goal. The employees steal from you and take advantage of the fact that you're new. They manipulate customers and talk to them any kind of way and think it's okay and the manager does nothing about it. There is zero structure or organization whatsoever. So if you were not aware of what time you work, when there is conference call because you were not informed, you get written up (Poor Communication & Workplace Abuse).

You are forced to be on conference calls even on your days off..and there is no work-life balance. The schedules are inconsistent and you never know when you're going to work the next week because they wait til the last minute to tell you or post it. In training, you're not given the information you need to know to perform your job correctly. You don't receive your email, codes, or even the information to check your schedule online or pay stubs. These people smile in your face and turn around and do the opposite. In all, this place plays themselves out to be a great place, in reality they are not. It's all a facade. As long as the company makes money, they don't care who they hire, they don't care how customers are treated or employees, they don't care about the attitudes and immaturity in the business. It's an utter shame to not be able to go your own manager for confidential information, but have your co-workers knowing every last detail of it. I do not feel safe here and I'm very disappointed. I've been a T-mobile customer, turned employee. Outside looking in, I didn't expect for a provider that I loved to be this spiteful on the inside...

Everything about how I feel is explained above. I also strongly suggest you review your stores and the people within them. The abuse going on within is terrible. Your training procedures need to be re-evaluated and organized in order for people to perform their jobs...all online training is not straight-forward. I'm not at Wireless Vision for college, so training should have been covered before being placed at a store I'm very disappointed and do not plan to stick with WV. I never want to support, represent or be a part of a company that treats people like this and is this unprofessional. Let alone, spend my money for it. Stop the greed and focus on the bigger picture. The same people you step on your way up the ladder, are the same people you will see on your way down. Just hope that when you come falling down that ladder, those same people you treated badly have a heart to help you.

Very unethical company

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Cicero, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cicero, IL

I worked at Wireless Vision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, 401k , hourly plus commission, uniforms, gym shoes, jeans, dealer line, discount on phones,

Cons

Commission structured changed a lot, you have to work a lot of hours, no balance, it's a revolving door, there's always new mangers and employees. They hire people that don't know what there doing, it's all politics it's who you know not what you know, no room for growth, hourly sucks , definitely under paid. Lots of favoritism,

Be more ethical and moral

Everything I was promised!!!!

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time for less than a year

Pros

After I graduated I was offered an entry level sales position with the promise of upward growth. As I performed, these opportunities continued to come. I have been with the company less then a year and have yet to be lied to. There is zero disconnect from higher level executives and line level employees. Our CEO holds, all hands conference calls every month, that allow you to engage in the business. There is also an employee advisory board that is comprised of a small number of employees from every market. I didn't think much of it, until an idea I presented was implemented changing the way employees were scored company wide. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that had made that recommendation, but seeing the changes shows they are listening.

Cons

NOT A CON, JUST A CHALLENGE!!!!!

In my market our manager is very demanding on performance. This is not a bad thing, but it can be challenging at times especially with area such as conversation. If you work for this company you will get paid what you are worth. Those who choose win are rewarded, while those who choose not to are making poor reviews on this site.

Keep doing what you are doing. This is the best company that I have yet to work for. The listening and action is the most appreciated thing I can relay as an employee.

Great Executive Sales Team Leaders

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best decision WV made was to hire Ken VP of Sales to lead the sales team. Ken has done an amazing job building a strong director of sales team and market manager team. WV is committed to internal development and will one day get to the point to where it's a realistic goal of 80% internal promotions. Over the last year I have seen so many people focused programs and investment in us.

Cons

The lack of consistency, trust and recognition

Take time to recognize your hard working associates and managers

Best Buy Employees Only

I worked at Wireless Vision

Pros

Used to have growth potential

Cons

Currently only hiring Best Buy employees because of senior management and lack of participation from CEO

Worked there for nearly five years and everything is cyclical. You will see that all the effort being put into recruiting, hiring, and training Best Buy employees is only preventing you from growing. Vision has gone through this time and time again with other companies and it has never worked out. Besides, there is a reason why Best Buy Mobile is a failure.

Worked for Wireless Vision? Contribute to the Community!