Wireless Vision Reviews

112 reviews filtered by
3.1
Wireless Vision CEO Saber Ammori
Saber Ammori

Pros
  • T-Mobile has made some good changes that have positively impacted the business (in 10 reviews)

• The commission structure is great (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • and there is no work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Horrible choices in Leadership- VP level down to Retail Store Manager (Best Buy Recruits Only) (in 12 reviews)

1. Training of sales.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great competitive pay. Different ways of learning about the latest and greatest things to come out in the market.

Cons

No responsibility taken for actions. Not educated in what happens in their stores.

Advice to Management

Hold the employees accountable for their actions. Prioritize things that need to be done.

2. Learning how to overcome obstacles

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Wireless Vision

Pros

The training class are very helpful.

Cons

The commission structure changes a lot

3. Cutting the front line employees money and shifting it to leads and management

Current Employee - RSA
    Current Employee - RSA

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great for networking, ok pay (commissions used to be better for front line employees), paid time off, discount on rate plans and devices.

Cons

Shifting commissions from RSAs to STLs and higher, cut in hours, favoritism is around, upper management will throw you under the bus, always have to cover yourself.

Advice to Management

Mr. Amori, i understand that this is an ever changing business and that T-Mobile also changes the way we get paid on our commissions. With that said, Wireless Vision has changes the commissions to be paid to RSAs to get paid less, while the STLs are getting paid way too much for the same work that the RSAs do, i do also understand that STLs are a form of management but from what i have seen most of the STLs in my market really dont do that much different from what I do on the sales floor. They get paid almost double if not triple what i make on commissions, in some cases make more than store managers. I am not the only RSA in my market that feels that way, they get paid way too much for not much more work. The RSAs are the "Work Horse" of the company, cutting our commissions and shifting it to the STLs and up is not best for business, or moral. I do like this company, i would never complain about this company, i do believe this company will grow even larger than it is. With that said something need to be done to recognize the RSAs with the company by better compensating the RSAs for their hard work and dedication. I just feel that this will eventually have a negative impact on the moral of the company and employees. Thank you for reading this. I hope there will be a response or a resolution on this.

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at Wireless Vision part-time

Pros

You can make a lot of money.
    Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Drama from management.
    Numbers, numbers, numbers.
    Management tends to talk behind your back about issues to other employees rather than directly to you.
    The markets are being overrun by former Best Buy employees, especially management, who keep bringing their drama over to this company, essentially causing all of its issues at the moment.
    From an operations standpoint, this company is broken. If T-Mobile corp were to do an audit without a notice, every store would fail.

I would only recommend working here if you are a student. If you get an offer at a corporate T-Mobile store, take that over Vision any day. However, if you can avoid retail, especially at vision, all together, do that!

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging.

6. A great place to work.... At first.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity to make money if your in a profitable store with realistic market mangers.

Cons

Low work life balance, low pay, high goals, unrealistic goals and extreme pressure to preform without consideration given to location demographic or ability to pull in desired numbers.

Advice to Management

Learn your company's strengths and improve those but also build on your weaknesses and actually address them instead of avoiding them and punishing the sales associate and management and blaming then for not hitting goals. Be realistic about how much profit you can realistically make, split it out across the lower ranking stores to make it fair for everyone. Basing sales solely on door traffic is a moronic way to determine sales efficiency and not considering demographic and only the amount of times a door opens is not smart for making sales. It's designed to steal from the associate and not show good business ethics. Caring about the bottom line and respecting your associate will get you much further then cresting shifty pay scales to steal from the associate. And your base pay for salaried employees needs to be more competitive to the retailer if you expect larger sales numbers then required by the retailer. And larger goals.

7. Good in the beginning

Current Employee - RSM in Munster, IN
    Current Employee - RSM in Munster, IN

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can make some good money if you are a go getter promotion possibilities are good if you show leadership

Cons

Work life balance is terrible benefits can be better always low staffed and turnover is high company does nothing about robbery prevention and employees come to work in fear and can't focus on selling

Advice to Management

Put armed security guards in vulnerable stores have a training based on system operations and have a better development program for new leadership roles

Seemed fair

I worked at Wireless Vision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay if you are at the right location. Overall good training for employees. Fast paced environment that is fun at times.

Cons

Upper management pushes you to second guess your morals and you have to play the system just to make any money. Market Managers look the other way until they are on the hot seat then throw you under the bus just to save them selves. They change the compensation plan like they change their socks.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing employees into unrealistic goals. If you kept goals on a 3 month average then everyone would be more apt to working harder. Seems like Upper management is greedy.

9. Overall good experience

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Wireless Vision

Pros

Commissions were consistent, good opportunities to make money through spiffs and contests

Cons

no benefits, in the market in which I worked I felt there was a bit of nepotism, little opportunity for advancement

10. Great for many reasons

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time

Pros

Great job to work at and great pay for what is expected from you. 2 things, if sales are not for you, don't even think of it. If you are not a people person do not think of it. This is not walmart and you are not a cashier. You are a SALES rep which requires more commitment than the average job. I've been working here for 2 years and usually hit my goals and sometimes have not. Do I feel pressured when I don't? Sure. But that's any sales based job. As of these upper management horror stories I must say it can very well be different in other markets. I have never heard anything like that or experienced anything like that in my market but you never know what happens I'm other states. However, it's all about standing up for yourself right? If someone "above" you doesn't like you or is always on you, try another wireless service or sue someone.

Cons

Basic cons of any retail environment. Quotas (Which are not that bad) Customers(happens everywhere) and that's all I can think of. Training sucks hands down but if you're committed in seeing those big paychecks, you will train yourself. Honestly evrything thats expected. I've been living off this job and became pretty successful in life ever since. If someone says it's not the right place to work at from their experience, either they had real bad upper management or alot of jobs are not for them. I'm 22 years old and the money I am making from this job is way better the A. Doing some type of hard labor job or B. Being a server at a busy restaurant. I'd rather sell all the newestt devices and plans and put this on my resume than working at a restaurant. There is Nothing wrong with those careers choices I'm just making a point that straight out of highschool, this is the only place I know where I can actually take care of myself with a job I like and takes care of all my bills plus more.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing WV I'm glad and proud to work for the company and will take what I've learned on to many career decisions from now on!

11. Decent pay and benefits

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wireless Vision part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This will vary by store, but my hours are very flexible (I am still working on my bachelor's degree, so I need time accommodations for that). I get a satisfactory amount of PTO, the commission structure is fairly generous. I have heard from others that the benefit offerings are above average, although I do not take part in anything other than the 401k because I am under 26 and still covered under my parent's health insurance. I average about $2000-$2500 a month working part time (including my hourly of 9.25/hour and commission-which varies), which is more than other jobs this flexible (college friendly) has ever afforded me. They have a decent opportunity to move up depending on the store, and almost always promote within. There is a diverse culture, including a decent percentage of women.

Cons

it's customer service based, so depending on your personality that may be a con.
    -sometimes decisions made by upper management are detached from how things actually work on the retail level