Wireless Zone Reviews

1. Great company and bosses

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Representative in Groton, CT
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Representative in Groton, CT

I worked at Wireless Zone

Pros

The work environment was relaxed, but there are goals that have to be met, as in any retail sales environment. It's by no means hard and goals are easily reached.

Cons

Hours suck, especially during the holidays. The only reason I left was because the hours didn't allow me to spend enough time with my family.

Advice to Management

Giving opportunities to education as well as experience. I've seen plenty of bright minds come and go for to not being given the chance to prove themselves.

2. Wireless Retail is Tough

I worked at Wireless Zone

Pros

They provide support for their agents. In theory they should be the defender of agents from the big bad Verizon lion. In theory, therefore, it's a great way to get into wireless retail.

Cons

Now on to the facts. There is no support. All it is is an extra layer of bureaucracy. Every month you get a visit from your WZ rep. Every month they tell you to sell more of everything, and keep pointing out that all other stores in the area are doing better. Plain rubbish.

Advice to Management

Stop managing. Yes, really. The idea is that WZ is supposed to help agents and not let Verizon bully them, not act as an additional bully.

3. Not bad, constantly changing commissions

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Wireless Zone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay if you hit goals

Cons

Goals constantly changing, commission taken away

Advice to Management

Realistic goals, stop taking away commissions earned by asking too much

5. Good company

I have been working at Wireless Zone

Pros

Professional company with a lot of experience

Cons

Retail hours and some holidays.

6. Manager

I worked at Wireless Zone full-time

Pros

Weekly pay and it's a job

Cons

Everything else especially DM and corporate idiots!

Advice to Management

Hire competent leaders. PLEASE don't accept a job here. I wouldn't recommend a dog that bit my children to work for this company.

7. Especially in New York (and/or owners from PA), run away. If you're a manager, you're doomed.

Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Wireless Zone

Pros

Somewhat of discounts on accessories

Cons

This company is a complete dog and pony show. The owners and higher ups do not have any idea what is going on. Nepotism runs rampant and you can never expect to do well unless you personally know the owners from high school. Everybody in corporate who is the head of something has the same last name and is somehow related or best friends. Even people who are not qualified to be the head of something (operations, sales, etc) are favored and always doing something stupid.

Worst of all, they do not respect you. They'll say nasty things about you and absolutely think that you are worthless. The goals are made so barely anybody hits them. The most frustrating thing is there's no solid bonus or commission. They make it seem like it's a lot that you could make, but could is a strong word. Only one or two stores hit their goals, and therefore, the stores that do not get no commission at all, and the ones that do hit goal barely hit goal, thus getting little commissions.

They micro manage to death, so if you're a manager or aspiring to be one, you're out of luck.

Advice to Management

Respect the people who work for you. Hire good people, and give managers control

8. Manager

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great promotions, and Verizon in general is a great company to be a part of. Experiences will differ depending on ownership. The owner I worked for was not very involved, and the commission structure changed often, sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse. If you like people, fast paced work environment, and constant change, you will love your job like I do!

Cons

Again, experiences will differ depending on ownership, but commission was usually impossible to achieve, inventory was held at a bare minimum, and there was little support when there were staffing needs/concerns. Work like an owner and paid like an entry-level manager. Once you are a manager, you really can't get any higher.

Advice to Management

Just need more support in the store from ownership, or need the tools to accomplish success. Happy employees will stay with the company longer while maintaining productivity.

9. Great Experience

I have been working at Wireless Zone

Pros

Great Environment, good commision, discounts

Cons

Retail hours, down time, time per transaction

Advice to Management

None

Terrible owner at Wadsworth, oh location

Current Employee - Store Associate in Wadsworth, OH
    Current Employee - Store Associate in Wadsworth, OH

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked working for Verizon as a company but not the "SKIH llc."" franchise of the wireless zone in wadsworth, Ohio.

Cons

Not paid on time, never had phones in stock to sell, owner is very cheap with paying employees and inventory orders, owner also does not respond to important matters, owner has employees sell used phones as new.

Advice to Management

Hire someone to run your business for you seeing as can not make time for it

11. Decent hours and pay for a young person

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Frankfort, KY
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Frankfort, KY

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, decent hours, fun work environment depending on your location. The store I work for is extremely new and I have some awesome people working with me, however, ive heard that getting good co-workers is all luck based...

Cons

The fact that they say $10 hour + commission is a joke considering there is a very low chance at hitting your commission goals (If you don't hit, you don't get). All of the good perks are with the REAL Verizon retailers! I cant stress that enough, you don't get a company phone to show to family, friends or costumers! You don't get a single discount on plans for you or your family members (Exactly 0%!!!!)!

Advice to Management

If we sell Verizon plans and products we should get equal discounts to the corporate stores!! Why do you let them pick on the little guy ?!?!?