Wireless Zone

Depends on franchise owner

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, pay isn't bad but below industry standard. Experience depends 100% on franchise owner. Cheap cell phone bill is helpful

Cons

Downtime. Low traffic stores can result in downtime which can be very boring.

Management in my store was great but If i could give advice to Wireless Zone corporate it would be to stop screwing the franchise owners. They nickel and dime franchise owners over every single thing. They recently told us if we needed to replace a computer in our store that we HAD to buy our PC through them, and the cost was $2,500. They also overcharge us for every phone we buy. For example, iphone full retail is $649.99, but they charge us $664.99. How is that fair?

Corporate does not focus on franchisee success

Former Employee - Franchise Development in Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - Franchise Development in Middletown, CT

I worked at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great franchisees, interesting industry, meeting terrific people, co-workers.

Cons

Management is not proactive to industry changes and does not have a strong working relationship with it's main supplier, Verizon Wireless. Management is not focused on the financial success of it's franchisees and is not compassionate towards employees or franchisees.

Franchisee success brings franchisor success! Focus your efforts on unit-level profitability to improve franchisee validation and improve franchise sales and Verizon Wireless relationship.

Okay

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time

Pros

Good experience, training, interacting with people

Cons

Can be difficult customers, a lot of information

More training

It was a lot of fun, good schedule, but extremely disorganized management.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great schedule, good commission structure, freedom to make your own decisions regarding discounting devices

Cons

Extremely disorganized management, very small work location, unable to access certain customer information therefore you will always be on the phone with customer service

Hire managers that are competent and care about the future of the company and the success of the store. Don't just people who are related to franchise owners that will pretend to be a manager and come in hungover and underdressed every weekend not knowing what is going on.

Challenging environment to succeed in

Current Employee - Retail Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Manager

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly workplace, great group of people

Cons

Changing goals and target sales

stop chaning pay scales and spiffs

Stuck in 2002

Current Employee - Owner and General Manager in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Owner and General Manager in Providence, RI

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working with the latest technology is a huge plus. Emerging and changing technology certainly keeps you on your toes. Work with some great people at the store level, Verizon and Wireless Zone.

Cons

Despite being a "franchise", you deal with the typical corporate b.s.; you're encouraged to run your own business, but have to do it their way. No loyalty or appreciation from Verizon. Biggest issue, Wireless Zone (ATI) is stuck in the past. They have the "old boys" club that continue to run things into the ground, despite a majority group of dedicated owners and employees. Need to refresh their business model, recruit a younger, more determined leadership group at the C-level, and stop being afraid to stand up to Verizon. They're not that much better than the competition, despite the kool-aid they make you drink...

This is geared more toward potential franchisees; there is too much liability on the owner/employee side than Verizon or ATI...look at all available options when purchasing into this franchise. Easily, double the capital requirements they tell you, and triple the liability expectation. Research VERY carefully.

IF you look at it for what it is (a learning experience) then it can be very valuable to your resume

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work with the right people it can be a great environment. Great place to learn about how a business is run as well as to hone your sales skills. Great multitasking practice and IF you are good, you CAN make some decent $$$.

Cons

Due to Franchise setting, can be very unprofessional and create low ceilings. Definitely cannot live off of base pay. No matter how good your sales skills are a slow market areas will render them useless. Way to many policy changes. Extreme amount of micromanagement. Just like one previous reviewer said, its a crap shoot. Your experience will be based on the business and management acumen of the owner

Pay attention to employees. Bottom line is important to you, but not at the expense of employee morale. Owners should be more personable

Micromanagement

I have been working at Wireless Zone

Pros

Able to know when the new stuff is coming out

Cons

Ever changing pay. Money comes up missing from my paycheck. Sales director doesn't know what he is doing. The one I currently work at is being sued by a past employer for illegal activity that owners did...crazy! Stay away.

Actually care about the people who give you the ability to make all the money your making.

They don't care about their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Wireless Zone

Pros

No good reason to work here at all

Cons

Poor pay. They take advantage of their employees

A lot of work for a little gain.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Leechburg, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Leechburg, PA

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment if you keep your nose to the ground.

Cons

High demands without little pay increase, low benefit packages and changes continuously, to many changes to bonus structure and pay, a lot of turn around (ie they do most of their firing when you go on vacation).

Better pay and less micro management would be great. At least offer a better benefits package. Moral stays down because this is a leaping pad to something better and not a justifiable career.