Wireless Zone

Updated December 29, 2014
2.7

CEO

Manager

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great promotions, and Verizon in general is a great company to be a part of. Experiences will differ depending on ownership. The owner I worked for was not very involved, and the commission structure changed often, sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse. If you like people, fast paced work environment, and constant change, you will love your job like I do!

Cons

Again, experiences will differ depending on ownership, but commission was usually impossible to achieve, inventory was held at a bare minimum, and there was little support when there were staffing needs/concerns. Work like an owner and paid like an entry-level manager. Once you are a manager, you really can't get any higher.

Just need more support in the store from ownership, or need the tools to accomplish success. Happy employees will stay with the company longer while maintaining productivity.

Great Experience

I have been working at Wireless Zone

Pros

Great Environment, good commision, discounts

Cons

Retail hours, down time, time per transaction

None

Terrible owner at Wadsworth, oh location

Current Employee - Store Associate in Wadsworth, OH
    Current Employee - Store Associate in Wadsworth, OH

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I liked working for Verizon as a company but not the "SKIH llc."" franchise of the wireless zone in wadsworth, Ohio.

Cons

Not paid on time, never had phones in stock to sell, owner is very cheap with paying employees and inventory orders, owner also does not respond to important matters, owner has employees sell used phones as new.

Hire someone to run your business for you seeing as can not make time for it

Decent hours and pay for a young person

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Frankfort, KY
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Frankfort, KY

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, decent hours, fun work environment depending on your location. The store I work for is extremely new and I have some awesome people working with me, however, ive heard that getting good co-workers is all luck based...

Cons

The fact that they say $10 hour + commission is a joke considering there is a very low chance at hitting your commission goals (If you don't hit, you don't get). All of the good perks are with the REAL Verizon retailers! I cant stress that enough, you don't get a company phone to show to family, friends or costumers! You don't get a single discount on plans for you or your family members (Exactly 0%!!!!)!

If we sell Verizon plans and products we should get equal discounts to the corporate stores!! Why do you let them pick on the little guy ?!?!?

Corporate does not focus on franchisee success

Former Employee - Franchise Development in Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - Franchise Development in Middletown, CT

I worked at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great franchisees, interesting industry, meeting terrific people, co-workers.

Cons

Management is not proactive to industry changes and does not have a strong working relationship with it's main supplier, Verizon Wireless. Management is not focused on the financial success of it's franchisees and is not compassionate towards employees or franchisees.

Franchisee success brings franchisor success! Focus your efforts on unit-level profitability to improve franchisee validation and improve franchise sales and Verizon Wireless relationship.

Depends on franchise owner

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, pay isn't bad but below industry standard. Experience depends 100% on franchise owner. Cheap cell phone bill is helpful

Cons

Downtime. Low traffic stores can result in downtime which can be very boring.

Management in my store was great but If i could give advice to Wireless Zone corporate it would be to stop screwing the franchise owners. They nickel and dime franchise owners over every single thing. They recently told us if we needed to replace a computer in our store that we HAD to buy our PC through them, and the cost was $2,500. They also overcharge us for every phone we buy. For example, iphone full retail is $649.99, but they charge us $664.99. How is that fair?

Okay

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time

Pros

Good experience, training, interacting with people

Cons

Can be difficult customers, a lot of information

More training

It was a lot of fun, good schedule, but extremely disorganized management.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great schedule, good commission structure, freedom to make your own decisions regarding discounting devices

Cons

Extremely disorganized management, very small work location, unable to access certain customer information therefore you will always be on the phone with customer service

Hire managers that are competent and care about the future of the company and the success of the store. Don't just people who are related to franchise owners that will pretend to be a manager and come in hungover and underdressed every weekend not knowing what is going on.

Challenging environment to succeed in

Current Employee - Retail Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Manager

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly workplace, great group of people

Cons

Changing goals and target sales

stop chaning pay scales and spiffs

Stuck in 2002

Current Employee - Owner and General Manager in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Owner and General Manager in Providence, RI

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working with the latest technology is a huge plus. Emerging and changing technology certainly keeps you on your toes. Work with some great people at the store level, Verizon and Wireless Zone.

Cons

Despite being a "franchise", you deal with the typical corporate b.s.; you're encouraged to run your own business, but have to do it their way. No loyalty or appreciation from Verizon. Biggest issue, Wireless Zone (ATI) is stuck in the past. They have the "old boys" club that continue to run things into the ground, despite a majority group of dedicated owners and employees. Need to refresh their business model, recruit a younger, more determined leadership group at the C-level, and stop being afraid to stand up to Verizon. They're not that much better than the competition, despite the kool-aid they make you drink...

This is geared more toward potential franchisees; there is too much liability on the owner/employee side than Verizon or ATI...look at all available options when purchasing into this franchise. Easily, double the capital requirements they tell you, and triple the liability expectation. Research VERY carefully.