Wisconsin Events

CEO

Goal-Oriented Professional Marketing Team

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wisconsin Events full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've never seen a company where management is genuinely interested in helping each employee progress and hit their goals. In such a short time I have already gained great hands on experience and learned so much about business in general. Wisconsin Events teaches the fundamentals -- and I feel like I can take the skills and knowledge I am acquiring and enhancing everyday and apply it to any industry in the future. I love the structure and constant feedback, and am motivated to work for someone who personally practices what she preaches!

Cons

there is always MORE to learn! As soon as you master one thing it does not mean time for "cruise-control" you are always the student no matter how long you have been in the company.

Great Marketing Experience, awesome mentorship and training program

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wisconsin Events full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Exciting and productive atmosphere
    - I learned more in the 1st 2 weeks, then I did all 4 years in college studying marketing
    - I was taught a lot of useful marketing, sales, and advertising knowledge that I am continually improving on
    - My people skills are AMAZING now!
    - fast growth track, I got promoted into a Campaign Manager from entry-level in just 6 days
    - Great trainers and mentors - awesome teamwork all around
    - I get to travel and see a lot of really cool cities - perfect position if you love to travel!

Cons

- You do have to put the work in and study - it isn't just handed to you
    - time management, sometimes have to hop on conference calls after hours, or work some weekends - nothing terrible though
    - Getting to know everyone right away - our office is pretty big, so learning everyone's name and getting to know them is a small challenge

- Keep up the great incentives and bonuses-
    - I love the open communication and open-door policy, being comfortable with management is very important to a successful business!
    - Keep up challenging us in the entry-level so we can continue to grow as quickly as possible!

I loved the growth I saw in myself!!

Former Employee - Intern in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Intern in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Wisconsin Events full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everything I put in, I got back. I was so used to seniority based positions in my previous jobs, but here I really felt like I worked hard and got rewarded as a result. I was moved up quickly even though my position was only an internship. I learned a ton about myself personally and professionally!

Cons

I worked harder than most internships would've had me work I imagine...but I would prefer that than fetching coffee for someone

I'm coming back after I graduate for sure! So see you next year!!

AWESOME WORK PLACE!

Current Employee - Event Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Event Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wisconsin Events full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love their management style!
    It was a great place for me to learn marketing hands on! Apply if your're are interested in face to face communication and a challenging environment!

Cons

Definitely more of a career based position versus a part time position

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to your employees!

I was looking for a GROWING company

I have been working at Wisconsin Events

Pros

The people is what makes this a great company to work with. I have been with many companies in the past that looked at me as $$$ or just another number. For the first time someone took the time to teach me and show me my true potential. I was looking for something that added value to my life, stability and a place where I could create a career. It's been more than I could've imagined and am forever grateful.

Cons

It's not for everyone. You have to be self managed, humble and willing to help other people.

I am very thankful for all the support and encouragement.

Not a Scam...Not really

I worked at Wisconsin Events

Pros

If someone want to sell OK products in a Sams club with a slight opportunity to grow then this should be great for someone. This is a job for a salesman because you have to convince people that the product that you are selling is the BEST out there even though you know it isn't.

I don't think this company is a scam but I do think they withhold information from you when you are in the interviewing process.

I know these are not really pro's but there are not many besides that the receptionist was really nice and helpful.

Cons

I don't feel as though they were very honest. They really build you up during the interviewing process and make you believe that this is the best job you could ever have. I also felt like while I was there, they DID want me grow but ONLY because they wanted to become a manager, not because they actually cared about my growth. They make you feel like it's a family when you're in the interviewing/training portion but once you are actually in there, you can tell who the groups of friends are and that family feeling is over. Also, some, not all, of the people are very fake. I don't think anyone would actually be excited about selling hair straighteners or hand warmers for 8 hours in a Sams club. I just didn't feel like anything was genuine at all.

They hired me for a full time position but then told me I was on call for a week or so and then told me I would get full time hours if I had little starbucks meetings with some of the "leaders" and make a poster of my goals like I was doing a high school project.

Also the pay that they told me I would get during the interviewing process was not what I received. My understanding was that I had a lot of good sales days since it was so close to Christmas and when I got my first paycheck I was shocked and disappointed. It wasn't even close to what they said would happen and when I asked what why or if something got mixed up and they wouldn't give me a straight answer. They wouldn't tell me how the pay scale worked, all they said is that it wasn't a commission based position. That just adds to them not giving people all the information.

They also send people to different parts of Wisconsin like Kenosha. That is a good 45 minute drive both ways and the job just wasn't really worth the drive. Some people are ok with that but it's a far drive and it takes a told on an old car like mine but they wouldn't put me on a different campaign that was a little closer.

They also make you learn little marketing techniques and make you recite it the next day. Im not saying learning is a bad thing but I had just graduated college and I wanted to be done with the note taking and quizzes. They also made you feel like you would never get anywhere in the business if you didn't read business books all night after work.

The whole experience made me very uncomfortable and I don't regret leaving. I also don't mean for the review to bash the company, I just wish I had all the information before I said "yes" to the position because if I knew all of the information I probably wouldn't have taken it. This job isn't for everyone. It works for some people, just not for me.

I hope this helps some people out!

Be straight forward with the people you are interviewing with and give the all of the information.

Scam on new graduates, and trying to feed them a "dream"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern

I worked at Wisconsin Events part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot in the mornings.
    Learn how to work with others.
    Great experience is you want to be in sales

Cons

Horrible management, and they feed new graduates a dream that will never happen. Its sad that a company like this can stay in business. My school even had a warning out for apply to Wisconsin Events!!

Don't waste your time and effort going to a extremely long interview, and driving to Sams Club to "watch" an employee do a show. You have a college education, this is for people who don't!

Outrageous Growth Opportunity

I have been working at Wisconsin Events full-time

Pros

I have never been employed somewhere in my life where the opportunity is so huge. The advice I gain every day is so rewarding. If you are a motivated, excited individual like me this is your time to shine and be a part of this team! JOIN NOW!

Cons

Time management is key and that's something I struggled with at the beginning, but the help from my co-workers was great.

Awesome learning experience

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in West Allis, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in West Allis, WI

I worked at Wisconsin Events full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the experience. I worked here for an internship over this summer and I learned so much in the past 3 months. I had the opportunity to travel, learn marketing techniques, work with multiple product lines, and meet a ton of amazing people. Everything is so hands on and I really had the opportunity to gain real world experience to add to my resume. Also on the positives: they reimburse for gas, you get paid biweekly, team days are really fun we did laser tag and a beach day while I was there, and everyone is really happy!

Cons

I was reading some other reviews online while writing mine and it's sad to see that some people just don't understand business. In no way is this company a scam or anything close to "pyramid scheme"

Real cons of this business is that you must actually be willing to learn and apply your knowledge - if you have someone you are trying to coach and they don't want to take your advice, it can sometimes be frustrating. Also time management was huge for me because I really wanted to enjoy my summer but also gain experience so it was definitely a learning curve for me.

I loved the team days and was sad I won't be able to go to six flags!! I had a great experience and would love to come back next summer after I graduate!

Meh

Former Employee - We Are All Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - We Are All Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Wisconsin Events full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People are excited and you get use to marketing products.

If you can wait the bad pay out and they pick you as a manager to run a store, then fine.

Cons

You have to memorize things everyday. You have to come 10-15 min. early just to repeat what your learn. Mainly a minimum wage job. Have you traveling 30 min sometimes away from the store in Sams club. on your feet all day long. They could be liable for false advertisement.

IDK there business is set up a certain way. I left and I get paid more than all of them thanks to my salary as manager at a multi billion dollar company