Wise Men Consultants Reviews

Juuhi Ahuja

1. Very good company to work at

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wise Men Consultants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Been working with this company for almost 8 years now. Have never had an issue with my salary nor vacations.
    Benefits are good and comparable to other companies.
    My wife had an issue with her visa a couple years back and their in house legal team took care of it immediately for which I am very happy.

Cons

don't have any complaints at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the good relationship with employees, helping them with their problems will get you loyalty.

2. Little Pawn shop

Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wise Men Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get a job in highly skilled industry if you are willing to compromise on reimbursement.

Cons

working with Wise man is modern era or slavery. you can Pawn your skills & experience with them to get the state minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Grow up and act professional.

Good place to develop a solutions career

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Wise Men Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CTO was a great technical resource

Cons

Hard to introduce new ideas and processes to modernize the business

Advice to Management

Be open to new ideas and trends in the marketplace

Embarrassed and ashamed to have worked at this company!

Former Employee - Recruiter and Business Developer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter and Business Developer in Houston, TX

I worked at Wise Men Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was misled to believe they have structure and resources to set you up for success. We were given monster.com, rigzone.com and bullhorn.com to mine for candidates while recruiting and any other websites, you must come up with it on your own at your own expense. Also, you are forced to share logins due to owner not wanting to spend any extra money on individual logins. Every office expenses are kept to a minimum or none existence. There was promise of Crawfish Boil, Company Events, and fun working environment.

Cons

Company(owner/CEO) refuses to pay for mile reimbursement, parking fees accrued through client visits, or covered costs associate with events where the CEO speaks, commissions withheld, poor benefits, no matching in 401K, get 12 PTO annually (1 PTO monthly, used this as vacation, sick days, this is it!), extremely micro managed, must provide daily activity report extracted through Bullhorn and excel spreadsheet, poor and lacking business structure, lack of professionalism, undefined methodology. Turnover is uncommonly high! No training offered! The owner of the company sits in the same office and overly micro managed the office of 6 employees. The office is so quiet that you can hear a pin dropped due to fearing any type of laughter is frown upon from the CEO/owner of this small business. Any conversation (business or personal) must be kept to a whisper. This is not a consulting firm, but an overly priced to the client staffing company.

Advice to Management

Be willing to spend money to make money. Invest in your employees and they will work hard for you. Trust them and they will grow your business for you. Reward your employees for doing a good job and create a defined career path for growth. Promote positive, fun, working environment. Decrease turnover. Communicate with your small team; it’s important to interact with them. Treat your employees with respect and common courtesy. Pay your employees the market rate accordingly.

Nov 18, 2014Founder & CEO

Wise Men is a 18+ year old company HQ in Houston, TX with offices in US, India, and Canada. We work with several Fortune 1,000 companies. Our service offering include, IT Consulting, Managed ... More

Excellent Company to work!!

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at Wise Men Consultants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely professional and positive work enviorment. Have worked with this company for 3 years, great work culture, Management is always open for discussions and suggestions, If you work hard you are well rewarded. Enjoyed my tenure at WiseMen,

Cons

Like every company always room for imporvement

Advice to Management

Have seen WiseMen Growing feel proud to be part of it

7. Nice place to work at

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wise Men Consultants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very large and good fortune 5000 comapanies as their customers.
    Have good positions and interesting projects to work on

Cons

Should have more offices all over the US to service clients nationwide.

Advice to Management

Management should be more involved in the day to day working of the company.

Not an Agency that builds a long term relationship

Current Employee - Project Procurement Leader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Procurement Leader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wise Men Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good contacts in the Procurement Industry in Houston

Cons

You are on your own. poor Benefits. Keep changing Insurance suppliers all the time

Advice to Management

Use it only for short term employment

Nov 26, 2014Founder & CEO

Worst experience of my 17 year career

Former Employee - Solution Architect in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Solution Architect in Houston, TX

I worked at Wise Men Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am sure folks had some positive experiences but honestly I have none. The president of the company micro managed Sr Management and Senior management had no spine. She should not hire highly skilled highly capable resources if you want puppets.

Cons

Did not pay commissions as they should, low pay, micro managed, poor business structure, no defined methodology. They are not a consulting company...they are a staffing company that wants to be.

Advice to Management

trust your people

Jun 8, 2015Founder & CEO

Frustrating at best.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wise Men Consultants

Pros

Wise Men has a great client base of Oil and Gas companies in Houston. There is a huge company growth potential. Co-workers are fun and energetic.

Cons

Management is not interested in spending money for anything other than the bare minimum. Very high turnover. Company is making a bad reputation with clients. No professional growth potential, no training offered, no salary increase for any reason other than cost of living once a year at 4%.

Advice to Management

Lighten up a little. Be willing to spend money to make money. Treat your employees like people rather that just a salary that you have to pay. Reward your employees for doing a good job and make some defined career paths.

RSS Feed </> Embed