Wisenbaker Builders

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Wisenbaker Sr.

As an intern I have been provided multiple opportunities to learn.

ProsVery relaxed work environment, and everyone truly cares about what they are doing at the design center.

ConsCan be unorganized at times.

Great group of people to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is always room for advancement in the company if you work hard enough and express interest.

ConsYou will hit the ground running as soon as you are hired. Overtime can be required in some departments but they pay you for overtime if you are hourly.

A very great company in their own market in the past and future.

Help Desk (Former Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsThere aren't a lot of competitors in the market for building materials.

ConsThe company was too traditional in their execution of their vision, so they didn't view the IT support as a key componant in expansion for the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Atmosphere to Work at

Marketing (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEveryone is really friendly, this is a company cares about the quality of services they provide and their employees.

ConsNo downsides to this company

Working for Wisenbaker Builders has been an excellent career move for me- I love the people I work with & work for.

Designer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSense of community, team work, sense of accomplishment

ConsI do not have any cons- wonderful company.

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent management team- open to helping others. I enjoy working on an even playing field with them.

A Great Place to Work. Compare it to others and see.

Inventory (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWBS is a family owned company where upper management (all the way to the CEO) will know your name and call you by it. Wisenbaker will do what it can to help employees that are there to help the company. Wisenbaker is a fair employer that is open about market situtations while working hard to grow the company.
    Work hard and be rewarded.
    A strong Christian belief runs through the heart of this company. This company should be around for a long time.

ConsThis business runs in the housing markets so the ups and downs coincide. Stress can be high as the work is going nuts or laging.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to let your employees know you value them. Keep praying at work parties.

After 10+ years I still find my job to be the a challenge and I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

ProsWisenbaker Builder Services is a company with unimaginable opportunities. The Wisenbakers are a family who welcomes a challenge and is always working to find new ways to be a player in the homebuilding industry. Their forward thinking and willingness to pour their time and profits back into the business creates growth opportunities not only for the company but for the employees as well.

The size of the company offers something for everyone. WBS has offices in the four major cities in Texas and offer very diverse job duties in each division making it possible for everyone to find something of interest. Growth never comes without frustration but those willing to learn and fight through the rough spots are rewarded and will be proud to be a part or the win.

ConsWisenbaker offers a great opportunity but in a very difficult industry. I would tell anyone who asks for my opinion that homebuilding will not always be easy and don't expect everyone to be pleasant. Homebuilding is cyclical and every company has to fight to be competitive so if your on the front line you cant be weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways keep the people first. Everyone needs to know how they are performing with constructive criticism and appreciation given anytime each are deserved. also, a person has to grow with the company and the only way that's possible is with your support and training.

Manager Inside Operations

Manager Inside Operations (Current Employee) Houston, MS

ProsI'm an employee with tenure. Enjoy the challenge of completing daily tasks on time.
    Work well with fellow employees and subcontractors that are needed to fulfill daily
    work requirements. Seeing the employees i'm managing working to their fullest potential
    daily.

ConsKeeping Subcontractors that are reliable and do good work. This is a must for the area of
    work i'm in. Very Long Hours are sometimes required, but needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive reviews on job performances more routinely and review salaries.

Invaluable first job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of opportunity to work cross-functionally

ConsLike any organization, there were politics to consider.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're cutting back on expenses, don't go straight to your employees back pocket first.

Opportunity for Growth!!

Outside Operations (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat place to put down roots and grow a career. There is a lot of room for growth within the organization. Wisenbaker continues to reinvest in the company ensuring it's success for many, many years!

ConsThe builder industry is very fast paced and very hectic which can lead to a lot of stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the company as well as the employees. A kind word or a pat on the back can go a long way.

Worked for Wisenbaker Builders? Contribute to the Community!