Witt/Kieffer

Updated February 10, 2015
3.9

Witt/Kieffer President & CEO Charles Wardell III
Charles Wardell III

Great firm with great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Witt/Kieffer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Witt/Kieffer for nearly six years and overall it was a very positive experience. They are competitive from a salary and benefits standpoint and there are some truly extraordinary people that work there across the different corporate levels. If not in the consultancy (and I can't speak for that level as I was not in it), the work/life balance is also very good too.

Cons

While I was there, certain members of the consultancy were very difficult to work with, but really that's it.

Offer better career mapping to people who are ambitious

Just do your job and don't rock the boat

Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Witt/Kieffer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries, good benefit package, great holiday schedule, free pop and juice for all employees, good values

Cons

Certain people in Management will make life difficult for an individual if that person makes any requests that might inconvenience that individual in either the short or long term. Once that precedent is established, the employee will be ridden and given bad reviews until either resignation or dismissal.

Don't blindly listen to Managers criticism of their employees; seek some feedback from co-workers and/or customers before making any rash decisions.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Witt/Kieffer

Pros

Small company/family feeling. Assist clients who are doing extraordinary things. Good salary/benefits.

Cons

Small company, so at times not a lot of room for growth.

Good experience overall, personalities of partners can be challenging but most are positive

I have been working at Witt/Kieffer

Pros

Good support / training in support departments; excellent people for the most part; attempt to structure what is traditionally a very partner-driven business into a more cohesive business with varied outcomes.

Cons

Happiness or lack thereof in the company is generally dependent on 1) your affinity for the job you're performing and 2) the particular people / partners you're assigned to or working with.