Wix

CEO

Great Company

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

-Flexible work environment
    -Entrepreneur in a big company
    -Face time with CEO + upper management
    -Room for growth and ability to create your own title

Cons

-Salary reviews are hard to come by
    -No process for salary reviews

Need consistent perks across all offices, additional HR processes for salary reviews

Great People to Work with

Former Employee - Costumer Service Representative  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Costumer Service Representative in San Bernardino, CA

Pros

Great perks and family vibe environment. People get promoted based on rewards which is great.

Cons

Workload is too intense. 50 calls a day with one minute rest between calls is over kill.

Please try to hire more people and stand on our side when caller are just being unreasonable.

Still going Strong

Pros

Been working here for almost two years now and this place has provided a constant challenge to become better overall... as a team member and as a team leader.
    Continued growth at this company is possible and I LOVE that. The one thing that is constant about Wix.com is that it's always changing and evolving.

Cons

Honestly, i love my company and I love the people I work with. No complaints.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a professional enviornment

Former Employee - Call Center  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The employees are great, and most are friends outside of work too. Fast growing company, a lot of events hosted in the office. People come from so many different backgrounds, and it makes for some cool collaborations on special projects.

Amazing breakfast burritos are served every Friday morning, and the kitchen is stocked with snacks and drinks.

Cons

Call volume is out of control, mostly due to server outages, and apps that flat out don't work. They release new features, and then test for bugs later. Bug list is endless, and engineers take too long to respond to certain issues.

In the SF office, micro-managing is the norm. You cannot go to the bathroom without someone questioning you about it.

Not much room to grow career wise; compensation is not competitive.

At various times, company wide emails have circulated containing homophobic and racially insensitive images and jokes. There was specifically an email sent by one of the higher up executives pretending to come of out the closet. Then later claimed someone logged into his email and sent it as a joke.
    Another email had images of caucasian college students dressed up in black-face, and the leadership not only defended it, but chastised anyone who spoke out against the racist photos.

There should be more emphasis on professional development and mentorship. There is clear favoritism which is not healthy for moral. At times feels more like a college fraternity with a lot of immaturity, clicks/factions and excessive happy hour drinking.
    Should encourage more diversity in the workplace.

Wix rocks

Pros

Great work environment. People are happy here. They like promoting within.

Cons

Very low pay. Their mission seems to be save money.

A think raising the salaries to the industry average would be nice

Fabulous wix

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Fun casual company great people

Cons

You have to be serious really perform no complaints they are very fir

Don't change the program it's so good as it is --- beautiful websites

Incredible Involvement

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

This is hands down the most amazing company I've ever worked for. Not only is the environment fun but Wix is very much concerned about the happiness of its employees. They constantly go above and beyond to make it fun and enjoyable.

Cons

Just the typical stuff that comes with customer service biz.

Work Hard / Play Hard

Current Employee - Editor Team Lead  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Editor Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

Pros

If you are going to spend 8hrs a day, might as well spend it wisely. New challenges on a daily basis. Also, our feed back goes directly to the developers. We have the ability create change in the product we support. The projects provided are engaging and require creative thinking. The activities outside work include volunteering and teambuilding. Not just any teambuilding either. Dodgeball, building paths in Muir Woods and helping out the community.

Cons

The building's elevator doesnt work consistently. However it is on the 3rd floor and that equals free exercise.

Wix.com is a Totally Awesome Place to Work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company cares about it's employees. They go out of their way to make sure that we are happy and have the resources that we need to do our jobs well. They take team-building seriously and frequently there are company hosted events which allow us to get to know each other on a personal basis. Our desks come equipped with nerf guns which is a totally fun stress reliever. The company has a full kitchen in the office and they keep the fridge stocked for us! The product is really cool and getting better all the time. It is great working for a company that genuinely cares about it's employees and customers.

Cons

We take a ton of calls every day, many of the people have are unhappy or frustrated. It takes a lot of patience, a positive attitude and the ability to empathize, see a situation from a user's perspective and not take it personally if they take their frustration out on you.

Keep doing what you are doing: listening to employees and customers and fine-tuning the business based on that feedback!

My Second Family

Pros

Great team members... As a group we have a "family" feel to us. Great environment to work in that includes a full functioning kitchen, a balcony that overlooks the Mission, closely located to Bart for an easy commute, and cute dogs running around the office. Overall this company helps me get to know my own neighborhood better by providing tickets to local events, weekend hikes in our beautiful neighboring counties, and volunteer work around the city.

Interview process was like no other I've had... Group setting called a "Mixer" with interviewees and company employees hanging out and chopping it up. Casual environment and even had to attend a a social event to see how'd I'd do in a "party" environment. Interview process was actually fun (which is a first)

Cons

Walking Mission St either really early in the morning (5:30am) or later on the evening (sometimes as early as 7 or as late as 9 9:30) can be a little scary. Don't feel safe in this neighborhood.

Keep on the great work!! I love my team members, the process in which we hire fellow Wixers, and how good work is recognized and rewarded. The little things (like breakfast burritos delivered to us at our desk with our names on them every Friday) make a big difference in my every day. I actually enjoy coming to work for the first time in my professional life. Thank you.

Worked for Wix? Contribute to the Community!