Wize Commerce

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeffrey Katz

Wize Commerce India

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood technical learning

Bad work culture

Advice to Senior ManagementShould concentrate on employee satisfaction

To The Board And To Those Considering Employment

Janitor (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe company is making a good attempt to fix the problems that were created by previous management, which thankfully has been let go.

Now to list every perk they deliver

- Massage Chair

-Ping Pong Table/Break Room

- Snacks: Soda, Sparkling Water, Chips, Granola Bars, Bagels,Bread, Cereals, Oatmeal and an occasional lunch.

- Healthcare is amazing

- Pay is Average-Con or Pro how you look at it

- Good Work Life Balance

-New CEO, He is cool and humble and all the power to him- This is the general consensus

Cons-No matter how you look at Wize Commerce...there is little job stability

- A few people in the company are hermits and never come out of their office like a shell. No matter how horrible it sounds, having a open office setting (No Offices) sets a mood of unity and synergy to your workforce. Look at Jack Dorsi, CEO and Billionaire of Square...no office...they are insanely successful and he has Glassdoor rating of 92%. If he can do it you can do it.

Last but not least, .......still after trudging a political agenda for multiple years, damaging the company financially and risking it's future, Jeff Katz(The Old CEO, Glassdoor rating of 29%) is still apart of the board (At The Present Moment).
    There is the SEO drop to blame, we can all agree to that, but the lack of direction and experience exercised during his tenure was almost juvenile when compared to the talent he was in charge of leading. I was a personal witness.

In Summary, Wize Commerce is working toward a new goal and does have somewhat of a evolving plan on how to improve the company and make a better working environment for their employees. Yet, we will believe it when we see it. Changes still need to be made and promises need to be kept. If you are given a job offer, try your best to ensure that the job is vital. If you are adventurous then accept. If you not, then look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementHuman Resources: We all appreciated the most recent lunch to address any of our questions. However, it is widely thought that it would be best to send out a detailed survey that asks for suggestions that we can fill out anonymously. This way we can give our individual and honest feedback and suggestions to you so you can make the best decision on how to turn things around at the fastest speed possible.

Engineering: Keep improving the Silhouettes, in my opinion and others they need to look as professional as Nextag.com. Your going in the right direction and keep being the awesome brains behind our business.

Sales: Whatever you do keep doing what you do, stop being so loud

Finance: Keep crunching those numbers

Mr.CEO: Thank you. Moving forward, we ask you to go to bat for us. This company has a lot of potential and it will only come if we as a whole are satisfied and unified. We understand that you have a large task in front of you.

Tip on helping us be satisfied: Please go to the board and request that we receive equity and bonus potential from the company. We can all bet that no one ever shook their head at a better pay structure, right? You are our voice and we know your up for the task.

Tip on helping us be unified: Monthly retreats/ activities/ get togethers

Also, work closely with HR to help chisel away the wall that prevents good ideas and opinions from being heard that pertain to improving the work environment.

The Board Members: I have personally walked by coworkers desks and seen at least 6 or 7 browsing on Indeed.com, Monster.com or Careerbuilder.com....if you were not aware those are all job sites. If certain measures are not approved to make our pay structure and work environment competitive within the next few months...you most likely will not have a board to sit on by the middle of 2015. You have major talent at your company and you need to take better care of it. That's not a threat...its a reality. A line has been crossed and Jeff Katz crossed it. The majority vote is that we are currently on the fence until we see what happens over the next 3 to 4 months. According to finance, we are a "Stable" company and we will believe it when we see it.

Last, make yourself more visible to us. Yes, your on the board and the hidden voice behind the company. Yet, would it hurt to introduce yourselves and socialize with us? We all know who you are by way of Linkedin, but all you are right now is a picture and a resume. Not much to run off of when you are wanting us to rebuild a company and create more value in your pockets.

Sinking Ship

ProsDepending on the team you're on, some of the work can be very interesting. Food is okay-ish, though I guess it's free so can't complain too much.

Cons- Business side is completely lost and confused. Google will eat you alive if you're trying to compete with them. You need a new business model that doesn't involve 1. competing with google. 2. Getting most of your traffic from google.
    - You need to have more patience with new products and try to innovate. You can't try a new project for a few months, not give it any resources, and scrap the entire thing if it wasn't a stellar success.
    - stop judging your revenue based on clicks or ad exposure. Try building a product that would get users to eagerly come and visit your website.

Advice to Senior Management- Everything above. Get rid of the CEO, get more open exposure and communication with your employees.
    - Stop firing / making it uncomfortable for anyone who dares to express an opinion that differs from the CEO.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent product based company with a lot of growth potential

Engineering Lead (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros- no office politics
    - loads of new stuff to learn all the time
    - relaxed atmosphere

Cons- lacks the ambience of a premium work place
    - flat hierarchy

Advice to Senior Managementmore opportunities for vertical growth

Company churns through employees

Vice President (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe office is very clean and there are ping pong tables. There are still some decent people there even though they have fired anybody that disagrees with the CEO.

ConsThis company was formerly called Nextag. Read those reviews they speak for themselves. 2.5 Rating even with older good reviews. Senior management doesn't care about people and has destroyed a lot of the previous management's good work.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to find a business model that Google can't just take away from you.

Awesome culture, fast-paced interesting work, visibility to upper management

Finance & M&A (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros- Great people to work with, both younger and older employees mostly have a good attitude and are easy to approach & work with
    - Work is interesting and feels like a start-up even though the company is over 12 years old
    - Visibility to upper management is available and if you do a good job, it gets recognized by everyone on the team & many other teams as word goes around
    - People seem honest & tell it how it is
    - Work-life balance is good & good hours & sometimes work from home
    - Mobility within the company happens often so you get to work on various projects and teams if desired
    - Casual (jeans)

Cons- No matching for 401K
    - Small selection of complimentary food with very little healthy options
    - Small cafeteria with not-so-good food, but it encourages people to go out to eat!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep it feeling like a start-up =]

Worked for Wize Commerce? Contribute to the Community!