Wofford College

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

great college

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood staff and faculty
    high academic standards
    small school so you get to know almost everyone

Consfew majors in comparison to bigger schools

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery nice people and place to work

Conscant think of any at this time

Great way to make money during school and get job experience

Development Associate (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsLegitimate job experience that has impressed future employers. As a development associate, students learn real skills that are useful in future jobs.

ConsVery boring, and the people can occasionally be rude. inconvenient times that conflict with lots of campus events. You actually have to work as opposed to other campus jobs where you mostly do homework with an occasional task.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work for

Development Associate (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsGood environment, nice staff. The work load is not much and the payment is reasonable.

ConsYou cannot service without a car. I am from a big city, and I am so not used to living in Spartanburg.

Great place to work as a student employee

Library Page (Former Employee)

ProsAs a student employee in the Wofford College library, I was very happy. The job allowed for flexible hours and enabled me to complete school work during my working hours when there was down time.

ConsSince Wofford is an academically challenging liberal arts college, having a job can be annoying since you want to dedicate a large portion of your time to studying.

career services assistant

Career Services Assistant (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC

Prosgreat positive environment and everyone is happy and fun to work with and will help you expand your career path

ConsEarly hours and low starting pay but it is a great place to wok and I enjoyed my experience at Wofford

Advice to Senior Managementnothing they are wonderful people and always trying to teach you something and learn something new and want you to excell

Good community, lower pay but lots of "intangible" benefits.

Resident Director (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsWofford is a fun environment in which the staff interacts well with the students and, since it's a small school, there is a good community sense of community. As a staff member the administration encourages you in your professional goals by providing flexibility in the work schedule for taking additional classes (1 is paid for by the college per semester). The academic environment at Wofford provides for stimulating conversations, and the Spartanburg area is growing rapidly in terms of weekend outing possibilities and stuff to do on weeknights. The benefits package provided for employees is competitive, and many perks such as "staff development funds" etc. make the lower salaries more tolerable.

ConsThe employees generally enjoy their jobs but don't get paid as much as similar jobs in other schools (though I've heard the salaries have increased since I was there). Also, most people I worked with ended up working more than 40 hours a week and often worked "on call" hours as well. Also on the down side, there is little inter-department interaction so staff members may still be meeting other staff members 8 months into the year and may even finish the academic year without having gotten to know entire department teams. Also, although it's growing, Spartanburg is still a SMALL town.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the lower levels of the staff more.

Worked for Wofford College? Contribute to the Community!