Wolfgang Puck

Updated May 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wolfgang Puck

Opportunity...but watch your back!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExposure to many high profile people in all industries, management dabbles in all area of operation. Instant credibility for working for Puck.

ConsUpper management dismissive and out for themselves. The pie has already been sliced so low ceiling for advancement.

Great co-workers, not a lot of room for advancement

ProsExcellent office environment, everyone gets along very well - supportive. Opportunities to have hands in different pots, learn cross over from different departments,

ConsCommunication and corporate structure get a little wonky at times, unclear who does what and who reports to who. Power struggles can happen in this type of setting.

Fast paced learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBig company with many industry connections

ConsVery corporate environment, with an overwhelming feeling that there is not true job security.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pucks

ProsFamily style atmosphere. Fun place to work.

ConsCatering industry has been hit hard

a rollercoaster of emotions

Cook (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

Prosfor us, it the hospitals benefits and hours of operation. once the rush is over, it makes for a relaxing evening till closing

Consmanagement play favorites causing a unfair work environment. the line is designed for failure. they made the line not wide enough causing us to repeatedly bump into each other. supplies are not easily reachable

Advice to Senior Managementteach the managers how to talk to employees without talking down to them

EeEspnESales

Busser, Server (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAt ESPN Zone:
    Some Decent Employees. Good company benefits. Wolfgang Puck is a Brand and a good one. Culturally Neutral. Get to work near the Staples Center. Close to Blue Line Train Station. Chef Provides informal Catering 70-80% of the time to all of the staff, so you can save on your personal food bill somewhat. If not that then you get an employee discount at the very least. Very Busy Store when there are scheduled events which is most of the year. Bussers, Bar Backs, Servers, and Bartenders (in that order) do very well with tips. if you need time off you can easily trade shifts with another employee or post the request on their employee web site. Did I say FREE VIDEO ARCADE for employees? Most of the management staff is really cool, but some are REALLY cool. i see plenty of room for advancement as almost all of their managers are promoted from within. Looks great on a resume and you can switch positions and locations if need be.

Servers tips avg between $60-100, to $220 max.
    Bussers tips avg between $10-30, to $90 max.

Bartenders and barbacks sometimes a little more.

Consa large disparity between what severs and bussers will make in tips. both have a base wage of minimum wage but it is the unwritten policy that servers will tip out their bussers only 2% of the gross. tips given to Bussers and bar-backs are left at the discretion of their respective servers as you have to depend on the honor system to get your fair share of the tips. i was told that the server is supposed to show you the final ring receipt at the end of the night, and normally i wouldnt even ask. but i was regularly getting the feeling of being stiffed by a certain server when we would have an exceptionally busy weekend night and i would only make $12-14. ive been a server for a while and it was impossible that her ring was less than $1000. when i asked to simply see her ring receipt she refused and it turned into a big deal. even management was angry about it. tipping guidelines are 15% minimum for servers right? well we all know that many tip much more than that sometimes up to 30%. but your server will make sure that he/she will not go over the 2% that they give you .server might leave with $200 and you could leave with $20. just saying.

if you are a busser you WILL sweat. you will almost run almost all night carrying a tub that is FULL.....for $20

If there are no events at the Staples Center there is no work. sometimes in the summer it will be dry for weeks.

Lack of management, organization and opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey are contracted by some of the biggest venues in Los Angeles.

ConsI've worked for them for over 4 years and NEVER been given a raise or any sort of recognition for the years I've been there.
    The people who have been in management positions at my venue seem to have gotten there by luck, not skills or abilites. We had nearly zero management for years and the company didn't seem concerned.

A working model of the seven deadly sins of highly miserable people

Director of Operations (Former Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsFair pay and the checks don't bounce

ConsZero leadership skills at the top

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an experienced food and beverage operator to run your company and send the accountant back to accounting.

Great Company- if you have the right boss

Director of Operations (Current Employee)

ProsThe people at WPC are passionate. I was an employee before and durring the expansion into markets outside of LA and Chicago- A transition like this is hard for any company. In general, it was a pleasure to go to work everyday.

ConsLong hours....so many long hours. The pay isn't much considering the lengths you are expected to go to for your clients.

Dishonesty by senior management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice folks in the coorporate office

ConsCEO sold me a bill of goods about expansion plans in this area. In the 18 months I was there, my boss changed 3 times

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk them why they need a replacement for somone. Also ask who your immediate supervisor will be and how long they have been in the position.

Worked for Wolfgang Puck? Contribute to the Community!