Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Wolters Kluwer Chairman, Executive Board and CEO Nancy McKinstry

Nancy McKinstry

Pros
  • I really can't conjure up anything positive other than work life balance(in 45 reviews)

• Very flexible work schedule, ability to work from home(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management have little real understanding of the end user/consumer/market(in 27 reviews)

• Intense pressure from senior management to meet aggressive goals(in 26 reviews)

How Fragile thy Ego

Product Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI have posted many on point criticisms of this company, and they keep getting removed - even though many have found them helpful. Just like the flowery short fake reviews, I will keep on positing.

ConsManagement, Pay, Products, ADP Management,Lies Lies,Lies

Advice to Senior ManagementHR is a mess - they are not reporting the truth. Please take a look at software Mgmt - they are wasting your time.

Wow - My numbers are fake!!!!!!!!!! 89%

Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey pay me for 100% because SAP can not be dissected....89% we save our jobs according to the Chicago meeting - amazingly my paycheck says 89%!

Get a management job, you can do whatever!

ConsManagement has no idea what is happening...89%...Not 89.6, not 86.8%....Conditioning is an amazing thing.

Commission takes forever because #'s are Dr'd

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company please, Lord knows the negative reviews keep getting removed from glassdoor......Ego maniacs in software have no clue.

Very sad to see what has become of what was once a great company!!

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere are no positives to honestly write of. If you are desperate and without a job, you might consider this company.

ConsUpper leadership is the worst. New ADP regime now in there trying to get rid of everyone but that will not work for long. Trying to lead without any understanding of the customers or products and zero respect for the employees. How is the WK Chairman still in place? She is the one who has led through this train wreck and somehow has survived while she has gotten rid of everyone else. Now the Mean Girls Club. Formerly the Incompetent Good Ole Boys Cronies Club.

Advice to Senior ManagementChairman has been trying to unload this company for years and years but asking for too much. Please sell this company to a Thomson or Bloomberg etc who might actually value the products and customers and employees. They could not do any worse than what WK has done to the place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

x

ProsThe best part of working at Wolters Kluwer is that you are a part of a larger family.

ConsThere is no growth opportunities within the certain departments.

Okay

ProsThey give you a lot of paid time off.

ConsThere are limited career advancement opportunities.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Innovative humane place to work

ProsGreat product that clinicians love, capable management team, excellent processes and fun colleagues, lots of support and continuous training provided

ConsA bit bureaucratic due to being part of a large global company, benefits could be better, salaries are lower than industry average (as far as non-medical salaries)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing many of the right things however must transition into more than 1 product company to continue success

Never do business with this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI would never work here again...they don't pay you what you're worth even though they say competitive salary...management is horrible...and their services are not what they say they are.

ConsNo one knows what they're doing...find another company to do your business

Advice to Senior ManagementFind new management

Upper Management Killed a Once Great Brand & Company

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsThey give you your own water bottle at the National Sales Meeting.

ConsThere are very few people left that understand the tax business. They think they can improve sales using the ADP sales model. Does not work in this business, you actually need to know what you're talking about. They don't value the collective or individual knowledge of veteran sales reps. It's been all downhill from the moment Thorne Oakley sold CCH to Wolters Kluwer and put Nancy McKinstry in charge, who then put Kevin Robert in charge of everything and then the publishing killer Mike Sabbatis.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell to Bloomberg or LexisNexis. Everyone knows it's just a matter of time. Sell while there is still some value to the company.

Interaction with WK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJunior Staff is much more courteous than upper staff

ConsPoor Management
    Laid back culture. No drive to take it to the next level
    No vision or mission from IT department or maybe entire company
    Low motivation of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementChange all the C* level and their favorite staff members.
    Company needs radical change!

poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsBaltimore location is very convenient to mass transit. Nice location.

ConsWhere to begin? During the interview process, the job was presented as one thing, but it was entirely different when I arrived the first day. There was zero job training and zero documentation of the department's very complex and conflicting procedures. Multiple databases that duplicated information and did not communicate with each other. Intense pressure to meet unrealistic aggressive production goals, which in turn was driven by intense pressure from higher up for the department to meet unrealistic aggressive revenue targets. Marketing research was minimal and really undertaken simply to justify publishing something the department managers had already decided they wanted to publish. They would put enormous amounts of work into a product only to decide after more than a year of development to simply pull the plug. Management resorted to bullying and badgering and micromanaging every moment of the day to the point of completely obliterating any semblance of productivity and morale. Accepting the job was the worst mistake I ever made.

Worked for Wolters Kluwer? Contribute to the Community!