Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Wolters Kluwer Chairman, Executive Board and CEO Nancy McKinstry

Nancy McKinstry

Pros:
  • "I really can't conjure up anything positive other than work life balance"
    in 37 reviews
  • "I was able to work from home, while keeping a professional demeanor"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management have little real understanding of the end user/consumer/market"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Intense pressure from senior management to meet aggressive goals"
    in 23 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I had a good experience as a sales executive at CCH a Wolters Kluwer company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than a year

ProsA good commission plan where the employees worked diligently to ensure a good customer experience.
the platform IntelliConnect is a very robust system. The content tax research is number one or two in the industry.

ConsI worked there as we experienced a new SAS installation and it was challenging at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to value the intellectual capital of your employees!

Good Place to Work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros- Excellent benefits package which start on the first day of employment. Above average PTO offered.
- Well known leader within the legal services industry.
-Very helpful and knowledgeable colleagues.

ConsToo many people working same projects with very little accomplished.
Outsourced too many positions with unfavorable results.
Promotions given based on favoritism, not necessarily hard work.

lost the luster and the shine

Vice President (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than 10 years

Prosnever boring and can move into new industries within the company

Consthey have no respect for talent. they would rather see you leave than get promoted. there is big talk about being "hands off" leadership which atually means the divisions run wild.

Advice to Senior ManagementNancy needs to be more involved as to what is actually going on in the divisions. she does not talk to anyone below the CEO level and does not see what is actually happening.

Good

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer

Prosbenefits package, flexible schedule, personal growth

Conslow salary, gaps in LOBs

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great company to work for if career growth isn't something you worry about.

I worked at Wolters Kluwer

ProsVery generous benefits: medical, dental, PTO, 401K, tuition reimbursement

ConsCareer growth - work piles on, but you have to fight for more seniority because the department is very top heavy.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer growth doesn't seem to exist - be helpful to have better career paths alligned for lower level roles.

Lots of potential and resources

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company culture struck a good balance between being formal and serious (what you'd expect from a large corporation) with being casual, flexible and approachable. Benefits were generous and salary was competitive. If you're self-motivated, you'll have no problem navigating the ropes to get stuff done.

ConsLacking strength in management and support for young professionals. One big frustration: too much reliance on email for collaboration! And it was often disappointing to be compared to the competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovation and professional development initiatives were too siloed and more needs to be done to attract/retain talent.

Things needed to change

Field Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIn light of the fact that TR has overtaken us in the marketshare department and doing so without a field sales presence, it was time to flush out some of the sales reps and managers that didn't want to work. The fact that these guys have made the territories equal means that the playing field is level and there are no more favorites or clicks.

ConsThe quotas seem huge but time will tell. The comp plan is a lot different than previous ones so time will tell. The new cloud product has some hiccups this tax season that need to be addressed with answers versus excuses. We have lost several talented sales reps. Some needed to leave - some might have been saved.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within whenever you can. JT is a nice addition to training. Need to see more upward movement and less outsiders at this point.

This is a truly outstanding place to work and I highly recommend it!

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery competitive pay, good benefits, good leadership, great name/brand recognition and an overall positive work environment.

ConsDuring my tenure, there was a lack of available Management and Senior Management positions available for motivated younger professionals who were ready for career advancement. I hear that "con" may have changed for the better in the last year or two, so there may currently be more opportunity for career advancement than in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen CLOSELY to the folks on the ground level for industry trends, make room (even create new positions) for the younger/newer professionals to move up within the company and continue to stay ahead of the pack in innovation.

Great Company

Account Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than a year

ProsVery Family orientated company to work for. It's a nice size company to work for .Great pay and none of the non scene that big companies have.

ConsThe con's working for the company are really nothing. The clients can be a handful and they complain about things they can control.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep up the great work.

Many postives however needs to focus on employee development

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIndependent work, nice people to work with, causual work environment, excellent work/life balance, challenging opportunities, good benefits.

ConsEmployee development/career advancement, although it is stated that this is a focus have yet to see any actionable items on this. There is not a known career path or even conversations pertaining to employee aspirations & personal goals. Focus on short term revenue goals seem to over-take long term vision at times as well.

Worked for Wolters Kluwer? Contribute to the Community!

Wolters Kluwer Videos

Wolters Kluwer – Why Work for Us?

Wolters Kluwer - When you have to be right ​​​ ​​Customers We serve professionals in the legal, tax, finance, and healthcare markets in over 150 countries​​ ​​Markets​ Legal, business, tax, accounting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wolters Kluwer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wolters Kluwer CEO Nancy McKinstry. All 467 reviews posted anonymously by Wolters Kluwer employees.