Wolverine World Wide

69 reviews filtered by
3.4
Wolverine World Wide President, CEO, and Director Blake W. Krueger
Blake W. Krueger

Pros
  • Some great product to work on, and some great people to work with (in 4 reviews)

• good benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation after a year, 401 k, eduaction reimbursement with good grades company related feild (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance, you are expected to work late and show it, (in 3 reviews)

• Not employees and not the growth of the brands (in 3 reviews)

1. Had a good internship experience

Former Intern - Intern in Rockford, MI
    Former Intern - Intern in Rockford, MI

I worked at Wolverine World Wide as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The internship was paid nicely, the people are very friendly and were willing to help you learn and grow in your career.

Cons

There was not a lot of direction so if you're a person who needs that, it may not be a fit. On the plus side, it gives you the ability to come up with your own ideas.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to give to for upper management other than maybe provide more direction on what you want your intern to accomplish.

2. IT Department

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide full-time

Pros

It is a good place to work

Cons

Where did the turkeys go?

3. Fantastic, Forward thinking company!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Wolverine World Wide

Pros

This was a great company to work for, in my opinion they care as much about their employees as they do about their consumers! They provide many opportunities for enthusiastic, energetic and hard working people to tune their skills through coaching and training. They promote from within as far as their retail side from what I saw but are also keen on making sure the right person fits the right job so when needed they will hire from outside. I worked for their Merrell Brand and see a bright future for the Brand and the company as whole. While they are relatively young in direct consumer sales, in the 5 years I was with them they made leaps and bounds becoming more efficient in distribution, marketing and customer relations. They included their Merrell brand retail store managers in their spring brand conference where managers were able to see the coming years styles and get an insight to the direction the company was headed. They provided training for managers at this time which included things such as personality recognition for coaching and training of staff, how to effectively network and recruit and much more. This proved an invaluable tool for myself and my peers to direct our stores in the direction we needed for improvement and success.

Cons

Their yearly review did not always appreciate the hard work of the retail staff however in my last year they made GREAT changes to the review that helped recognize great employees.

Advice to Management

The store managers I met do a great job - they hire people who are passionate about the product they sell - they are unique - they are extreme, in their passions and sometimes their lifestyle. Dont take away this great environment by forcing employees to wear uniforms and name tags, or preventing managers from hiring a great candidate because they have non-offensive tattoos or piercings or hair colors - you are a forward thinking company, dont get stuck in the thinking of yesterday where a person's appearance decides how successful they can be.

5. Great way to gain experience

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers opportunities to grow within the company. They also appreciate hard work, and reward it thusly through raises or promotions.

Cons

The upper management may not recognize daily business patterns as well as they'd think, and have hard time understanding why each daily goal isn't met.

Advice to Management

Promote more within, I saw a couple DMs be brought in from out of the company and while they had good experience, nobody at the retail level respected them because they had not worked those positions so did not understand daily operations fully.

6. Good company

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide

Pros

Good management and opportunity for growth.

Cons

Very large company and hard to network.

Advice to Management

Doing a good job. Keep focus on winning with the people.

Marketing Internship Expereince

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide

Pros

Amazing people, great networking opportunities, laid back (business casual) company culture, discounts to all 16 brands.

Cons

Honestly, I enjoyed the entire experience.

8. I was hired into a mess and never told anything

Former Employee - Key Holder in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Springfield, MA

I worked at Wolverine World Wide

Pros

Free shoes and clothes. But the product is horrible. They sell them for durability but they arent. Very comfortable shoes but the clothes suck

Cons

Small group of people. Not steady hrs. The manager is uneducated and the one above the one is across the country.

Advice to Management

Find an educated person.

Great Life work Balance

Current Employee - Footwear Designer in Rockford, MI
    Current Employee - Footwear Designer in Rockford, MI

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Down to earth people, fairly organized, positive attitudes, great team work

Cons

short sighted, conservative, no innovation, sales lead vs. design lead

Advice to Management

open your minds, be more visionary, expand/focus on women's product

10. Good brands but lack of opportunity, training and promotion for current position.

Current Employee - Analyst in Lexington, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lexington, NY

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company runs lean which could give job security. It is a stable company with okay benefits. They are working at a better work/life balance. They have good brands and give back to the community.

Cons

Management is run by accountants, training is a lost art, you are told you are the biggest asset, but don't feel like one. Compensation is mediocre, with pay raises that will barely match or be above inflation. You are told that they don't promote or pay based on education, so under educated people can get more pay than the educated ones.

This is a manufacturing company, that runs a retail sidebar. They can run retail like their manufacturing, however they are getting better (learning) at retail.

Advice to Management

If people are the biggest asset, then training, compensation, work/life balance should be fostered more.

11. field level is a great place to work

I worked at Wolverine World Wide

Pros

individual store level is fine- fosters teams to work independently without a lot of supervision and to be accountable for business. Good opportunity for ownership and driving business.

Cons

Upper management not held as accountable as field level. Pattern of hiring based on the buddy system not on merit or accomplishments.

Advice to Management

Get out of the corporate office building and into the field.

Wolverine World Wide Photos

North Side of Dist. Center
Loading Dock
Inside of Distribution Center (North Side)

+ Add Photo