Wolverine World Wide

Wolverine World Wide Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Wolverine World Wide President, CEO, and Director Blake W. Krueger

Blake W. Krueger

Rise through the ranks with an abrupt halt

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rockford, MI

ProsQuick advancement opportunities for the right candidate

ConsIt seems that short term results for shareholders out way long term growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementYes it is important to focus on short term results but it is often used to effect the reporting in order to make quarterly and annual numbers. Consider looking longer term - longevity and maximum results of an organization are fulfilled by adding more value to long term planning and its results to create an overall win of the company. Low hanging fruit is great but continuing to farm will produce results long after one has departed.

Not all change is good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI imagine that there are still great jobs at WWW, but only if you can work in areas that are not customer related. Benefits are decent and wages are better than some places in the area.

ConsIt's not a horrible company to work for, but they've lost focus on what built the company. There is no loyalty to their employees. The most important thing is to look good on paper.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't step over that dollar to pick up that dime any longer. Your employees cared, and to most of us it wasn't just a job.

District Manager Retail Group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat products. Some excellent people to work with in the brands. Potential for growth as a company and stock holder very good.

ConsI can only speak to the Retail Group for the most part. You will be worked very long and hard with little concern for your family life. Pay is average. Advancement requires waiting a long time and constantly proving yourself in order to get noticed. The company is big on nepotism in every division but Retail. You will have a hard time beating someones son or daughter out for a position. Training is low on the totem pole. You will be expected to hit the ground running and learn quick on your own. Leadership often played favorites and it was never hard to see. The people in the field are the best I have ever worked with. The Corporate office another animal completely. I wish I would have found a way to move from Retail to manufacturing. If you like retail and I did I would be very sure I wanted to dedicate my life to WWW or it will be a long road.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They can't live by the Vision, MIssion, Values statement they developed a short few years ago. I spent a lot of time telling my supervisor what was needed to raise morale and it didn't help. It just caused more issues to come up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexible and fun environment at Merrell Store at Union Square in San Francisco.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat for college students looking for a flexible schedule. Fun, relaxed environment. Awesome discount. Destination location means lots of tourists.

ConsLanguage can sometimes be a barrier when assisting tourists.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe color assortment in North American market is on the conservative side and needs to be expanded. It would be great if staff had access to language tutorials at destination locations.

Culture is Changing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rockford, MI

ProsThe only real opportunity to work on global consumer brands in Grand Rapids area.
    Lots of good people.

ConsLots of good people, but they are not provided training or direction from the top.
    Pace of the business is too fast for the provided infrastructure. Not enough people to do the work and not enough budget to support those people.
    Stock price is #1 priority. Not employees and not the growth of the brands. If your brand is successful, but others are not, your budget and plans suffer.
    Very little work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in a CMO and someone who knows about brand strategy. A company with this many consumer brands needs to understand that the emotional connection that brands can create with customers can generate sales and profits as effectively as great product.

Working at WWW was really nice, people are great.

Dealer Account Representative (Former Employee) Rockford, MI

ProsTreat their employees as equals.

ConsBusiness decisions created loss of jobs.

Advice to Senior Managementna

A few great brands but overall a very disappointing work experience

Sales Analyst (Former Employee) Rockford, MN

ProsGreat Brands
    A lot of really good people

ConsPoor leadership
    Top down approach that does not value input
    Senior Leadership does not appreciate open or direct feedback
    Very poor process mtg

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership needs to connect more closely with the brands in order to drive great brand mtg and growth. Sr. leadership seems "to corporate" and fully disconnected from the brands.

Fairly good company to work for.

Key Holder (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsAwesome products with a good employee discount.
    People for the most part are nice to be around.

ConsRetail is just a boring industry.
    Area managers try to micromanage stores a bit too much.
    Low hourly wage.
    My store had many internal employee issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrant Store Managers and their AMs/KHs more autonomy.
    No need for updates every 2 hours on sales.

It's a Customer First Business

Manager (Former Employee) Rockford, MI

ProsBusy work environment, got a chance to work with a lot of different teams. Each day brought different work. Could work from home when needed because I had a lap top.

ConsIt's not about what you know, it's who you know. No official mentorship programs to try and learn more/different things. You had to find someone who might have time to fit you into their schedule. It's about the shareholders, and how they report to the stock exchange. They will cut anyone if it helps the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are only as good as your employees. Eventually all of these cuts will give you a bad name, if it has not already.

Good for the short term

Manager (Current Employee) Rockford, MI

ProsGreat work life balance. If you are in the right work group it can be very rewarding. Some groups really "get it" and can move things forward. Easy to meet goals.

ConsOld senior executive mind set. Talk about moving things forward but nothing comes of it. Squeeze every little bit out of the middle and bottom so the top execs can get their bonuses.

Worked for Wolverine World Wide? Contribute to the Community!