Wolverine World Wide

Reset
3.4
Wolverine World Wide President, CEO, and Director Blake W. Krueger
Blake W. Krueger

Pros
  • Some great product to work on, and some great people to work with (in 4 reviews)

• good benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation after a year, 401 k, eduaction reimbursement with good grades company related feild (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • At this level, work life balance is not possible (in 3 reviews)

• Not employees and not the growth of the brands (in 3 reviews)

1. Associate

Current Employee - Indiana in Richmond, IN
    Current Employee - Indiana in Richmond, IN

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide

Pros

Benefits package is one of the best around. Work environment is relaxed and dress code is business casual. The days pass quickly due to being very busy. Starting pay is good. Bonus opportunity exists.

Cons

Rate of pay increase is slow to come and in very small percentages.

2. so-s0

Current Employee - Manager in Rockford, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Rockford, MI

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide full-time

Pros

rate them a 3 out of 5, meets expectations. Not a great company to work for but not a bad one.

Cons

again, keep your nose clean and do your job and go home, and you'll be rewarded with....a paycheck. Dont expect a pat on the back or loyalty. But i've had worse so if you're out of work, go ahead and apply. You'll do fine if you're reasonably competent. Just dont get all excited if they hire you.

Advice to Management

why..like anyone would listen or give a care? not going to waste my breath. They are managers, not leaders.

3. Human Resources

I worked at Wolverine World Wide full-time

Pros

Nice physical surroundings - walking trails, pond, wooded areas and fields; nice discount on footwear and benefits are competitive including 401k match.

Cons

Poor work/life balance - expected to work long hours including early mornings, late evenings and weekends. Very high pressure "reactive environment".

Advice to Management

Develop leadership training program for middle management - not just executives. Learn to value diversity and appreciate how different perspectives can build a well-rounded team. Culture and values look great on paper but are rarely put into practice within the HR team.

5. Not worth it

I worked at Wolverine World Wide

Pros

Great products, Nice campus, great discount on products.

Cons

Can't get out of their own way. From the CEO on down, they love their job titles. The old school Men's club is alive and well in this corporate environment. Terrible culture. Terrible.

Advice to Management

Develop your internal talent.

6. Senior Network Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Rockford, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Rockford, MI

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual Dress Code, Great work/life balance, decent salary, great benefits, employee discount on company products, ability to "wear test" shoes, well-reputed company

Cons

It can be a little difficult to move up. Promotions are often given simply as a result of longevity, and some promotions are withheld simply based on seniority.

7. IT Department

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide full-time

Pros

It is a good place to work

Cons

Where did the turkeys go?

8. Fantastic, Forward thinking company!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Wolverine World Wide

Pros

This was a great company to work for, in my opinion they care as much about their employees as they do about their consumers! They provide many opportunities for enthusiastic, energetic and hard working people to tune their skills through coaching and training. They promote from within as far as their retail side from what I saw but are also keen on making sure the right person fits the right job so when needed they will hire from outside. I worked for their Merrell Brand and see a bright future for the Brand and the company as whole. While they are relatively young in direct consumer sales, in the 5 years I was with them they made leaps and bounds becoming more efficient in distribution, marketing and customer relations. They included their Merrell brand retail store managers in their spring brand conference where managers were able to see the coming years styles and get an insight to the direction the company was headed. They provided training for managers at this time which included things such as personality recognition for coaching and training of staff, how to effectively network and recruit and much more. This proved an invaluable tool for myself and my peers to direct our stores in the direction we needed for improvement and success.

Cons

Their yearly review did not always appreciate the hard work of the retail staff however in my last year they made GREAT changes to the review that helped recognize great employees.

Advice to Management

The store managers I met do a great job - they hire people who are passionate about the product they sell - they are unique - they are extreme, in their passions and sometimes their lifestyle. Dont take away this great environment by forcing employees to wear uniforms and name tags, or preventing managers from hiring a great candidate because they have non-offensive tattoos or piercings or hair colors - you are a forward thinking company, dont get stuck in the thinking of yesterday where a person's appearance decides how successful they can be.

9. Great way to gain experience

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers opportunities to grow within the company. They also appreciate hard work, and reward it thusly through raises or promotions.

Cons

The upper management may not recognize daily business patterns as well as they'd think, and have hard time understanding why each daily goal isn't met.

Advice to Management

Promote more within, I saw a couple DMs be brought in from out of the company and while they had good experience, nobody at the retail level respected them because they had not worked those positions so did not understand daily operations fully.

10. Good company

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide

Pros

Good management and opportunity for growth.

Cons

Very large company and hard to network.

Advice to Management

Doing a good job. Keep focus on winning with the people.

Marketing Internship Expereince

I have been working at Wolverine World Wide

Pros

Amazing people, great networking opportunities, laid back (business casual) company culture, discounts to all 16 brands.

Cons

Honestly, I enjoyed the entire experience.

RSS Feed </> Embed