Women & Infants Hospital

Women & Infants Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wonderful company, very meaningful and rewarding.

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Providence, RI

ProsWomen and Infants is a very wonderful company, which I think is very committed to providing the best possible service to their patients and the scientific community. I really liked my coworkers there, everyone was very friendly, committed, and positive. The work was stimulating and I felt like I was contributing. Also, the benefits are outstanding, good insurance and a huge amount of paid time off right from the start!

ConsI sometimes felt like there was a lot of pressure to go "above and beyond" the job description, and even what the patients wanted (calling on weekends and evenings to follow-up). Also the pay is manageable, but not great.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do wish their were less pressure, as described in the cons.

A Center of Excellence for Women and Infants' Health Resources

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) Providence, RI

ProsExcellent health care for women and infants including clinic service and research areas.

ConsThere is no internal career path

Waste of time

Research Associate (Current Employee) Providence, RI

ProsForeigners can get immigration to US other than that there is no reason to work at this hospital as a scientist

ConsNo professional development
    No personal development
    No career development
    Research building has no windows
    Scientists are treated as third rate citizens

Advice to Senior ManagementShut the research center or start treating the people with respect and generate opportunities for their personal and professional growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incredibly warm environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe relationships formed with fellow employees and patients made my experience an invaluable one

ConsLittle communication about my main point of contact; sometimes supplied little to no direction in working on the unit

Has its ups and downs

Database Coordinator/Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsComfortable work environment
    Good benefits
    Mostly pleasant co-workers who are easy to work with
    Good amount of autonomy (depending on position)
    Part of a larger organization, with ability to move around

ConsBureaucratic
    Little to no career development
    Some are more equal than others
    Unforgiving HR dept.
    Low pay relative to other industries
    Career progress/raises/promotions based solely on a black and white job description developed by HR dept, often outdated or inaccurate.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop written guidelines for navigating the bureaucracy, provide career development and goals for receiving promotions, allow advancement based on merit rather than letters after a person's name.

Worked for Women & Infants Hospital? Contribute to the Community!