Womply

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
3.8

CEO

Fun, driven, and one of a kind company!

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Womply

Pros

What you'll quickly notice about Womply is the driven and innovative culture that make up the success of this company. I love that one has the ability to be innovative and really make a difference in whichever role you are in, no matter what. Expressing your ideas and opinions is highly encouraged here as the company is continuing to grow. Because of the fast rate of growth there's no such thing as boredom as things are always changing keeping you on your feet. The culture is a very supportive one.

- Womply's SaaS product is one that SMBs really need and see value in. Businesses have never been able to assess their reputation and performance the way our product is now allowing them to. Our success speaks for itself.
    - Amazing leadership
    - Work / Life balance is one of a kind
    - All types of food, snacks, and drinks ( energy drinks, protein shakes, sodas, beers, scotch, wine ) are provided on a daily basis.
    - No office politics, expectations are set high for the Inside Sales team.
    - Dress code is loosely business casual or where whatever you want.
    - You will learn a lot on how to run a successful company and the best skills needed for any sales role.
    - Everyone is always kept informed and up to date on where the company stands and what's to come which I love.
    - The future is always looking bright as the company continues to grow and so do their employees with it.

* the office is across the street from AT&T park which has all the perks if your an SF Giants fan. Close to Caltrain and Bart as well.

Cons

- No cons come to mind. The company works hard at making sure its employers are happy.
    - Sales team is competitive in a very friendly and team oriented manner which is only a con for those who are faint at heart

Keep the good stuff going.

Rapidly Growing Startup With Exciting Opportunites

I have been working at Womply

Pros

While the company is growing and expanding there is still open communication across all areas of the company
    All parts of the company are in the same space making collaboration and communication very easy and efficient
    Great Perks: Team lunch is provided at least once weekly and on special occasions, variety of drinks and snacks to keep you powered throughout the day, team outings and events fostering a great office culture
    Transportation: Office is across the street from a Muni stop, one street away from a few different bus stops, two blocks away from CalTrain, BART takers can transfer to MUNI or walk from the Montgomery/ Embarcadero BART stations

Cons

Some congestion around the office during Giants games or other large events

Sales Job is easy - OK money

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Womply as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Hours are flexible -- Show up early leave early
    People are cool to work with
    Easy job
    Great for starting out in sales - experienced sales people may get bored after a few months
    transactional sales -- no relationship building
    Lunches every Friday and snacks daily

Cons

Account Executive is more like a Telemarketer
    Pay is low for experienced sales professionals
    Management doesn't really care about Tele Sales team
    No real career opportunities in tele sales

I've worked for a lot of start ups, it's important to show equal respect and attention to the all of your employees. This can be done.
    Advertise sales job as it really is, which is customer service or Tele-Marketing.

Awesome company growing a rocketship pace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Womply full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* The company is growing super fast creating a ton of opportunity for everybody
    * Womply provides a technology that SMBs really need (and actually creates value)
    * Free food, free beer/wine/scotch, cool office setup
    * No BS / politics
    * High expectations for every employee
    * No dress code, wear what we want

Cons

* Competitive environment at times (sales team 1 vs. sales team 2 weekly contests)
    * SOMA location not easy to get to from BART

Worked on the sales team over the summer to gain business experience.

Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Womply as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I had a great time working here over the summer. Very fast paced growing start up. Every morning the whole company has something called "stand-up" where everybody comes together to meet and explain what has been accomplished and what needs to be accomplished in the near future. The team hits all different departments of the company in explaining future goals and gives acknowledgements where deserved.
    Work hard and you will fit in perfectly. I learned a lot and i cant wait to see how this company develops over the next year when im knocking on their doorstep for another job opportunity.

Cons

The team wants you to do well and will try hard to help you succeed but its a numbers based job just like any sales job. Need to produce numbers not just hard work.

Its a start up company, management is not perfect but there is no clear cut complaints.

Fast Paced Startup

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Womply as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Fast Paced Environment
    Free Food/Redbull
    Engage with CEO on a daily basis
    Energetic, Active Sales team
    The work you do will have a direct impact on the success of this startup

Cons

You need to be capable and motivated to sell, otherwise you will not be successful at Womply.

Great summer, thanks guys

I have been working at Womply

Pros

Learned a lot from management about how to build a company.
    Really enjoyed the morning standups.
    Had some very interesting assignments including marketing and sales.
    Team accommodated my schedule and was willing to look at my results over my hours.

Cons

Early mornings.
    My job was unstructured compared to what I'm used to.
    Wish Id had more time work in operations instead of sales. The ops team got more attention.

Keep up the hard work.
    Try to get a bigger office if possible.
    It would be nice to have more visibility and structure, but I understand why that's not always possible.

Awesome place to work.

I have been working at Womply full-time

Pros

Great Energy
    Great Food
    Great Location
    Some very talented people

Cons

Sometimes things get a bit hectic.
    No clear promotion policy

Great first job!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at Womply full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really liked the energy and excitement working for Womply. At the time this was still a newer company but even through Skype and phone calls (I worked in the DC office), I could feel the hype and felt part of something up and coming. I loved that about my time with the company. My direct supervisor and nearest co-workers were extremely supportive. I learned a lot about myself and what I bring to the table at any company. Can't complain about the compensation either - the team I worked with on the east coast was regularly rewarded for working hard.

Cons

The main challenge was the distance. I wasn't in the main offices every day and hadn't actually met most of the people that I emailed with every day. I wanted to actually be in the room for the meetings not just listening through a computer screen. I left solely because my job role was moving into a different direction that I didn't believe was the right fit for me.

Get any east coasters out to CA sooner! I would have loved to meet everyone and I think it would have served as an amazing boost of energy upon returning home to the east.

Current Account Executive at Womply

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, NM
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, NM

I have been working at Womply as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

-Nice Office
    -Fun Team
    -Great Pay
    -Awesome Location
    -Solid Leadership
    -Competitive

Cons

-Contract Status of Employment
    -Sub-Par Basketball Net

The negative reviews on Womply can only be from prior employees who were not successful at making sales quotas and keeping up with the rest of the team. All the tools needed to make a lot of money and maintain employment are given to you during your training. It is definitely competitive, but it's a sales job, you should expect that. Keep doing what you're doing management, we've got a solid team.