Wood Group

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Bob Keiller

Not for the long term.

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThere are good people here. You can also get some good experience.

ConsSome projects have incredibly long hours....weekends and holidays included.

Great place to work

HSE (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery caring company with awesome managers

ConsHas most of it's work offshore so business is slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify here in the Americas. You need to get onshore to get more business.

Horrible Core Values!

Human Resources (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSome of the people were good and had talent. Too bad that they made a decision to work for WG.

ConsHorrible company that I don't project to be around for long. One of the worse companies that I have ever worked for and I resigned because I couldn't take it anymore. My standards will not continually be compromised due to WG's unprofessionalism, disrespect, selfishness and Good-Ole boy mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementAttend a seminar and relook at your core business strategy. Complete Employee Surveys and get a real pulse of the company. Analyze and create meaningful action plans to turn the company around immediately. Good luck!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

ProsFriendly employees, somewhat laid back, decent incentives

Consdisconnect between corporate and business units

on the fringes

Prospeople focus in the oil gas services business. global industry. good outlook once jv get finalized.

Consonly focus is on core business. jv is scheduled to go through in next couple of months. locations are limited to operational locations.

Advice to Senior Managementdont forget the GTS folks before they get pushed to JV

Disgraceful

ProsTop heavy salary, good benefits.

Consno training, no backbones, very unorganized, unprofessional, bullying.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out your top heavy management and bring in people who know what they're doing.

Good place to work

Corporate Support (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGreat benefits, people are nice.

ConsLong hours/days due to power plants being open 24/7. Wears on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership needs to be more communicative to their employees.

Very Poor Company

ProsThere are none. At times your run in to some great people.

ConsHorribly run company from the CEO to the Operations Management group. They do not value their employees and the pay is not comparable to the market/industry. The morale is dog-eat-dog and there are a lot of favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Send your management team to see Undercover Boss and learn how to value the workers or the people to pay your salaries.

unhappy

Project Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosthe pay and other benefits

Consthe lack of training available

Advice to Senior ManagementVery disappointed in the year I wasted at Wood Group.

Solid Company that relies to much on contract labor

Technical Director (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSolid Company that takes care of the full time staff. Management is always looking to communicate top down and bottom up. There are plenty of opportunities to advance within the organization.

ConsAs Wood Group does not provide the original equipment for the service offered they must provide service that goes beyond the call to maintain a market edge, however WG relies heavily on contracted labor with little or no differentiation from any other service provider. Sites were staffed with <10% full time employees and the learning curve was repeated from job to job - at times with costly warranty implications.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe service industry for a power plant is not unlike the restaurant industry. Few question the price on the menu when the food & service is outstanding. WG has the potential to become a preferred service provider, however it is battling the need to charge glitzy prices to cover the top heavy management verses the greasy spoon image and surly wait staff provided to the customer. Hey, I love eating at greasy spoon diner as much as the next guy, but it better be clean, have good food, and outstanding service - No the case for WG.

Worked for Wood Group? Contribute to the Community!