Woodfield Fund Administration

1 Rating

Very happy working here

Current Employee - Investor Services Representative
    Current Employee - Investor Services Representative

I have been working at Woodfield Fund Administration full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work is interesting and mentally stimulating and it is a fun place to work. Management cares about the employees and the customers which is refreshing and unusual in my experience. I have been well trained and really like the people I work with. The technology is also quite good compared to my previous position. I am very happy to be working here.

Cons

I don't understand why there are a minimum number of words for this field. I have no complaints, its the best place I ever worked. The only complaint I have is that there is little turnover at the top so the opportunities to move up aren't as prevalent as at my previous company. But then again, there were opportunities there because everyone was leaving.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Fund Accountant in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Fund Accountant in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Woodfield Fund Administration full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is an excellent place to work. The work is interesting and challenging, the pay is good, the hours are reasonable and management respects the employees. Benefits are good too and I like the fact that they provide free soda and often buy us lunch during busy season. Management also makes sure we are well trained. The company has strong values and is committed to providing clients with the best possible service.

Cons

It's hard to take time off during audit and tax season. Also, the workload is not consistent during the month with a peak workload during the first two weeks of the month. On the other hand, the last two weeks are usually slower.

Management Is Out of Touch

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Woodfield Fund Administration

Pros

Fun Atmosphere at times, average benefits, great view. Unique employees make for an interesting experience. Computer network works well and VPN from home is sometimes an option.

Cons

Upper management is unaware of middle management's gross misconduct. Accounting staff are severely overworked. Administrative staff are overworked and badgered severely by middle management. Manager of Fund Administration is sweet on the outside but is nearly intolerable to those she manages. The accounting department would be fine to work for but the Administrative department is a living nightmare. The entire administrative department is seeking new employment for the sole reason that they cannot handle the abuses of middle management.

Treat your employees with the dignity they deserve. Take a closer look at the administrative department and get candid opinions about management in an anonymous environment. It will open your eyes. You have diligent, hard working employees that deserve better than to be verbally abused and terrorized.

a sweatshop place, all employees are significantly overworked

I have been working at Woodfield Fund Administration part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

none, the place is a sweatshop place, all employees are significantly overworked

Cons

super high turnover, no team culture