Woodforest Financial

Woodforest Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Woodforest Financial Chairman and CEO; CEO, Woodforest National Bank Robert E. Marling Jr.

Robert E. Marling Jr.

Pros
  • laid back environment, decent pay (in 9 reviews)

• Friendly co workers, Good entry level training programs, Community Involvement (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't take input at all, Regional management is good (in 10 reviews)

• Branch Managers are held accountable for employees but are not allowed to coach or discipline (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

good

ProsAnthing can iimprove over time / patience

ConsBenefits is a choice, Training is an opportunity,and promotions is when I went over and beyond what is required of me.

Advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun environment, great great benefits

ConsSales goals are a little high at times

Advice to Senior ManagementEase up on the sales goals

Excellent job!

Retail Banker (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsPay, benefits, friendly people to work with

ConsAdvancement, favoritism from upper management, hours

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with all employees, don't play favorites when it comes to scheduling and moving up the corporate ladder.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Na

In-store Retail Banker (Current Employee)

ProsConvenient (inside Walmart), fairly good benefits.

ConsWork late, on holidays, new hires get higher starting salary than current employees.

long hours, low pay,

Instore Retail Banker (Current Employee) Pitts, PA

ProsThe customers and Walmart employees

Consmanagement who knows nothing about Banking, marketing to the same people

Advice to Senior Managementtry to retain the employees you have instead of just training people for other financial institutions

Lazy people made the other reviews

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPay, upward mobility, training, incentives, benefits

I've been with the company for one year and 8 months. I became an assistant branch manager in 1 year and 4 months. To all the people saying all these bad things they are just lazy. If you work hard and are vocal you will move up in this company. Positions are ALWAYS available and upper management is always looking for employees to promote. In two more months i'll be going out for a branch manager position and i feel pretty good about my chances. Don't let lazy people deter you from this company. The 401k is also excellent. GREAT company to work for.

ConsHours, shirts

I just didn't like paying for this shirts!

Advice to Senior ManagementMy management has been great so far.

Would not work here again

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsThis was a decent place to work if you are just starting your career.

ConsThere is very little room for advancement.

Retail Banker

Retail Banker (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros401k, health insurance, better pay than some.

ConsNot enough room to grow in the company.

It was a great first banking job.

In-store Retail Banker (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThere is no limit on overtime and it is almost impossible to get fired.

ConsYou are not appreciated, work environment is VERY unprofessional, long hours, no raises, and there in no room for growth. The managers have favorites. The employees also sell fee refunds, steal from the company, and sleep with customers and the management allows it....This bank has no integrity. Calling HR is a joke they do nothing because they are in Texas.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better employeee and enforce integrity in the workplace.

Decent first bank job.

Instore Retail Banker (Current Employee) Schertz, TX

ProsNot a bad introduction to the financial industry. Those who have worked for the company wind up working there for years. Definite opportunity for longevity and job security. Somewhat relaxed working environment (all things considered). Every day is a different day. Comp days are easily acquired.

ConsYou acquire sick time easily, but there is little room to actually use it. Comp days instead of holiday pay (not sure which is better). The fact that you have to pay for your own shirts (which are 25 bucks a pop and you need to buy 7 of them from the get go) is a massive Con. They're colorful, but not worth the money.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop charging new hires for shirts. In fact, stop charging for the shirts period. And open branches west of Texas. You're missing much of the country. My suggestion is to start in Washington and move south and east as you go. Keep connecting states like before.

Worked for Woodforest Financial? Contribute to the Community!