Woodforest National Bank

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Marling

Pros
  • Good basic experience in banking operations(in 4 reviews)

• Job security is not something you will ever need to worry about(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for growth, long hours, VERY unprofessional, and their employees have no integrity(in 7 reviews)

• The bank is open 7 days a week with extended hours up to 8PM(in 5 reviews)

Great Advancement Opportunities, But Lacking In Work/life Balance

Retail Banker (Current Employee)

ProsCompany provides sufficient training to all employees to allow them to be successful. Numerous opportunities for advancement without ridiculous timeframes. 401k with company match. Periodic seminars for additional training and motivation.

ConsOpen 364 days a year, so there is a possibility of working on Thanksgiving and all other holidays. Management can be a bit power hungry. It just depends on which location you work at. Pay could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more. They do the majority of the daily tasks and interact with most of the customers. They can give you great information about what works and what doesn't. Also, remember that you need your employees in order for you to succeed. Don't try to make them work by pressuring them. Nurture them and you will see them grow. Don't give out excellent bonuses only to extremely reduce them later. It is highly counterproductive and disheartening.

Assistant Manager Review

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) Anderson, SC

ProsLow Pay, Bad Schedule, Extremely Busy, No work-life balance, Bad Management

Cons2 weeks vacation, flexibility, Opportunity for Promotion, Family Atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the people who give their all to make your compay successful

A place to get started in the banking industry.

ProsVery easy job. Becomes repetitive, so you must remember the content of the job.

ConsLimited room for advancement. More aspirations than just management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not a very nice place to work every employee seems to be so unethical and not professional at all

Prosthe job is good if they hired different types of people

Consthey dont care about the people they hire.

Love my job but do not feel appreciated

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRoom for advancement and job security

ConsHours really stink and work with a skeleton crew.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe back offices need to show some respect to the branch/front line employees. They need to all work as a team. Branch managers are responsible for their P & L but they act like they are not capable of making financial decisions that affect their P & L.

Unpredictable

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRoom for advancement and job security

ConsLack of support from the corporate office. Back offices treat front line employees very poorly. It becomes harder and harder to achieve goals as they expect more and more but do not increase salaries accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe corporate offices and back office personnel should work with instore branch personnel as a team. There is not unity among them which greatly impacts growth and morale. Some branches and regions are great but get in there and see which regionals are not doing their jobs. Hire more people. When a branch loses one person, they have to begin working overtime and the hiring process needs to be streamlined!! It takes way too long to hire new staff!!

Retail banker

Retail Banker (Former Employee)

ProsGreat for starting out In banking. You get to do teller, open accounts, ATM procedures and marketing

ConsNo help internally. If there are problems you have to contact a certain department who may or may not return your call or email. If you do hear back they usually talk to you like you are bothering them and are of little or no help anyways. You are expect as a retail banker to be able to run the branch by yourself even though your pay does not reflect all the work you put in. There is lack of communication between upper management, internal groups and retail bankers. They expect you to work 7 days a week if there isn't enough staff to cover all shifts. Upper management can be very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are all on the same team! Teach the internal people in Texas customer service! They treat the retail bankers asking for help poorly. If you expect your retail bankers to run a branch on their own then pay them for that role, not $10/ hr. And if a branch is low on staff .... HELP THEM OUT!

A good job for multi tasking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCreate good experience in banking

ConsLow pay for the amount of work they require

OK

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsPersonal Growth, Customer Service, Training, Multi tasking

ConsTimings, Long hours. Too much responsibilities for BM

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

Intense work load

Retail Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGrowth Opportunity, No college requirement, health benefits, 401k

ConsManagement favoritism, un-realistic goals, time away from family, working hours, lack of marketing, base pay, upper management, employee relations with other employees.

Worked for Woodforest National Bank? Contribute to the Community!