Woodruff-Sawyer & Co.

4.7

Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. CEO Charles Rosson
Charles Rosson

Great company

I worked at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co.

Pros

Great benefits, upper management that cares about people, company that cares

Cons

Less opportunities to move up since it is small

Keep caring about your people

Innovative Company to Grow a Career and Develop Professionally!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Open and supportive leadership, encouragement to share ideas and collaborate with the team
    -Excellent work/life balance with flexible work schedule (every other Friday off)
    -Education reimbursement with the opportunity to utilize external learning resources
    -Fabulous wellness program with massages for employees and yoga classes
    -Strong work ethic, drive and initiative is rewarded
    -Exciting company events and parties-this company celebrates their employees and understands the importance of having fun
    -CARE volunteer program fosters teamwork and the opportunity to give back to the community

Cons

-One of the best places to work in the Bay Area; although I have been an employee for less than a year, I am unable to think of any cons.

Woodruff-Sawyer is a wonderful place to work!

Current Employee - Claim Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Claim Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The collaborative work environment, peer and management support, and company leadership makes Woodruff-Sawyer an all-around exemplary place to work. As an employee owned company, we all have a stake in the Company results for the mutual benefit of our clients and Woodruff-Sawyer. Everyone is treated like a professional adult here; we have work-schedule flexibility; great benefits; and we know how to have fun too.

Cons

If you require constant supervision, are not self-motivated, and do not have a desire to serve client needs, then you need not apply. Everyone is expected to pull their own weight here whether you're the CEO or the new person on the team. We recruit top talent, provide ongoing training, and it should not be a surprise we are expected to achieve great things.

I appreciate the leadership, support/mentoring, and the opportunities you have created for us at Woodruff-Sawyer.

great insurance brokerage

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Career growth, focus on employee satisfaction, well respected name and industry leader, culture that seeks improvement, horizontal management with open doors

Cons

not enough top-down strategy, servicing backlogs, common for management to over promise and under deliver, 401k matching at the end of the year versus per paycheck (old fashioned!)

too many initiatives

Great Place to Grow a Career

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable employer with a great culture, where management makes a real investment in their employees. The size of the company allows for creativity in problem solving with very little bureaucracy.

Cons

No major cons immediately come to mind. Work/life balance is generally really great, but additional telecommute opportunities would be welcomed.

Continue to invest in your employees and continue to offer the type of events that foster the fun culture you've created.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people, friendly working environment & good place to learn. Accommodating when it comes to work/life balance: flexible hours and every other Friday off! It's busy and you are expected to work hard (which I like) but in return there are fun summer outings and Halloween events.

Cons

None so far! Although I have only worked at the company a short time, it has been nothing but a positive experience so far.

Woodruff Is Amazing!

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co.

Pros

This company is a hidden gem in certain areas of Northern CA. Because it is employee owned, we can do what is best for clients, without levels of politics. Employees are genuine and make this seem like a family. They give you every tool and more that you need to do your job well!

Cons

They need to market in certain areas of Northern CA. Outside of SF, clients think we are lawyers.

Boutique Culture with Large Brokerage Clout

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment, self-pace career advancement opportunities, flat management structure, great benefits and work-life balance

Cons

Fast paced growth environment with a strong dependence on technology solutions may be challenging for some

Might consider 100% casual dress policy

Good upper management, poor middle management

Former Employee - Client Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Client Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Terrific benefits and work atmosphere

Cons

middle management is pleasant but fairly incompetent

Fun environment, exceptionally talented people & fantastic leadership all focused on superior levels of service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities if committed, passionate, willing to work hard and truly care about the clients first. Flexible and engaged leadership team. Strong push to be a leader in technology for our clients. Fiercely independent. Enjoy working in a service oriented, collaberative environment with fantastic people.

Cons

As with any service organization there are times of stress around meeting deliverable deadlines with renewals and anniversary dates. Just the nature of the industry. Some times during the year are busier than others requiring longer hours to get the job done. Nothing out of the norm though.

Continue to focus on training and personal development to maintain high levels of job satisfaction and engagement.

Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. Photos