Woodruff-Sawyer & Co.

Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Charles Rosson

Woodruff Is Amazing!

ProsThis company is a hidden gem in certain areas of Northern CA. Because it is employee owned, we can do what is best for clients, without levels of politics. Employees are genuine and make this seem like a family. They give you every tool and more that you need to do your job well!

ConsThey need to market in certain areas of Northern CA. Outside of SF, clients think we are lawyers.

Fun environment, exceptionally talented people & fantastic leadership all focused on superior levels of service

Novato, CA

ProsGreat opportunities if committed, passionate, willing to work hard and truly care about the clients first. Flexible and engaged leadership team. Strong push to be a leader in technology for our clients. Fiercely independent. Enjoy working in a service oriented, collaberative environment with fantastic people.

ConsAs with any service organization there are times of stress around meeting deliverable deadlines with renewals and anniversary dates. Just the nature of the industry. Some times during the year are busier than others requiring longer hours to get the job done. Nothing out of the norm though.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on training and personal development to maintain high levels of job satisfaction and engagement.

A breath of fresh air for the brokerage business...

ProsAfter spending years working for one of the big box brokers, working at WSandCo has been an amazing breath of fresh air. This company is very client focused, and if it makes sense for the client, it gets done. This is an old school brokerage house that feels like how broking was done 20 years ago...done right! Senior Management is very involved and no one is left feeling alone and unsupported. Great people, great support and great work/life balance.

ConsAbsolutely none - coming from a big box broker with a lot of issues/cons, there is nothing to complain about regarding WSandCo!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change a thing. Your involvement in accounts and people's careers sets you apart from the competition - employees are happy and clients are happy!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Culture!

Senior Acct Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThe culture, work environment and investment in employees are above any other competing firm out there! They provide every other Friday off for those who are Senior Account Managers and below. Autonomy is rampant but expectations are that you will perform your best. Many who take a position here as their first job have no idea how great this company is.

ConsThey could have a training program for producers and account executives- no formal plan.

Good Experience - Great People

San Francisco, CA

ProsWoodruff-Sawyer is not only a good place to work, but has great employees. People are generally passionate about what they do and creating a better experience for their clients and colleagues.

Some of the biggest positives include:
    -- Passionate employees and senior leadership
    -- Great work-life balance (some people have every other Friday off)
    -- Fun opportunities to socialize outside of work (company picnic, Halloween Party, etc.)
    -- Knowledgeable staff - there is always more to learn from other’s expertise
    -- Good benefits
    -- Entrepreneurial spirit - there are opportunities to get in-front of leadership with different project or group ideas

ConsWhile I enjoy working for WS, there are a few things that could be improved. Some of this depends on the opportunities within a department.

For me these would include:
    -- Internal teams can be small and busy, sometimes it takes longer than expected to get internal projects done
    -- Limited growth – this really depends on your department/interests, I wanted experience I couldn’t gain through my role
    -- Limited “fun” benefits – WS offers great health and life benefits, I would have enjoyed more on gym discounts, wellness benefits, or PTO vs sick and vacation. This again is personal preference

An Insurance Brokerage that truly embraces entrepreneurial spirit

San Francisco, CA

Pros-Open door management style, a very supportive environment for new ideas and willingness to try new things
    -Flextime
    -Charitable contribution matching, good benefits, 401k match
    -plenty of impromptu margarita parties and great co-workers!
    -company has exciting things on the horizon

Cons-currently no gym membership or wellness program

Great Place to Work. Great Life/Work Balance

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsFlexible hours, great communication, great management

ConsNone as management is wonderful

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great place to work short-term.

(Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsAbove average pay, fantastic benefits, great work/life balance, located in the midst of the financial district, easy to get to from BART.

ConsTend to have favorites, hard work does not get recognized, unreasonable expectations, employees not respected, spend too much time with gossip.

Worked for Woodruff-Sawyer & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. – Why Work for Us?

Whether you are just starting your career, or are a seasoned insurance professional, WS&Co. offers a range of career opportunities in a dynamic environment with the opportunity to become part of a stellar team of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. CEO Charles Rosson. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. employees.