Woodruff, Spradlin & Smart

Good place to work.

Paralegal (Current Employee)
Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Woodruff, Spradlin & Smart

ProsI am not sure about the other reviewer's experiences but I can tell you that this is a very nice place to work. The wages are above-average for most of the staff and the benefits package is better than most. The firm provides medical, dental, vision and a 401K with an employer contribution. The management of the firm is accessible to all and they really care about their employees. This is a law firm and at times the work can be stressful, but there is a good balance here.

ConsI really have none at this time. I like working here.

Advice to Senior Management.

If you are not in the right crowd - forget it!

Legal Secretary (Current Employee)
Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Woodruff, Spradlin & Smart

ProsThis firm has awesome benefits (and only until recently they were 100% employer paid, now they require a small percentage from the employee due to the economy). The firm has some fantastic attorneys employed. They do not require any overtime (or do they pay for overtime.)

ConsIf you are not one of the "favorties" or staff that has worked here forever, you are pretty much going to hate working here. There are favorites that are treated with "kid gloves" and get away with murder! It doesn't matter how smart you are or how much experience you have. Upper management just sticks their heads in the sand and pretends not to notice. The firm does have some yellers and screamers as far as attorneys go so if you are not thick skinned I wouldn't work here. Pay is on the low side - they need to spend a little more to get some quality staff into the firm. The firm is a revolving door when it comes to staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your staff! They are what makes the firm work. Pay attention to people who get away with making the firm look like you know what! You know who they are! Just because someone has been there for a long time doesn't mean they are truly loyal employees. You need to look at salaries and bump up your salaries for your staff - - you are falling short. I would also look into hiring an outside HR person so that private personnel issues are not for everyone to discuss, and so you have someone who knows what they are doing.

Worked for Woodruff, Spradlin & Smart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Woodruff, Spradlin & Smart reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Woodruff, Spradlin & Smart CEO Ken Smart. All reviews posted anonymously by Woodruff, Spradlin & Smart employees.