Woods Services

Updated August 31, 2014
Updated August 31, 2014
2.2

CEO

It was beneficial towards learning how to collaborate with individuals with different disabilities and for family needs.

Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Woods Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I was able to learn how the patients cope with having to receiving care from others than their family and living in assissted living environment.

Cons

The overall ratings in most managenent and supervisor positions was very unprofessional when dealing with staff under their position.

Needs to having training for overall staff to teach proper etiquitte and professionalism skills

Teacher

I have been working at Woods Services

Pros

Co-workers are mostly great and supportive (if anyone would actually stay for very long) Students make it very gratifying once you build a bond (although some are very dangerous)

Cons

Little to no pay increases ( so brand new staff coming in are making the same amount as someone there for years.) No incentives or bonuses (as they've been cut to the non-managerial staff) Little to no administrative support, special accommodations or targeting of staff depending on who likes or dislikes you (absolutely nothing to do with work ethic or professionalism), treat kids as a dollar symbol, not someone in need of help and love/support, lots of cover-ups, lack of staff in school makes for extremely dangerous situations with absolutely no help.

Everyone needs a raise for what we/they deal with one a regular basis, some appreciation instead of being told we are completely despencible, actual help in the school instead of saying they'll help but then never doing anything (ie hiring more staff for legal and safe ratios in the classroom)

Not a fair place

I have been working at Woods Services full-time

Pros

There are no pros to working here

Cons

Very negative drama field environment.

More diversity in upper managment

They care more about their public relations than they care for the needs of the students!

Former Employee - Special Ed Teacher in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - Special Ed Teacher in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Woods Services as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

"Some tuition reimbursement , in-service tracings offered, direct deposits, some incentive bonuses, health benefits w minimal cost, 403b offered at employees expense, workers compensation, life insurance while working, long-term disability, short-term disability ( employee has to pay), great students,great teachers/support, some excellent support staff"

Cons

"Everything has an underlying glitch, minimal support from supervisors, some abusive support staff directed and student directed, cover-ups regarding violations including death of students, lack of communication between teachers and therapists, favoritism toward some teachers and slanderous statements towards targeted teachers, power struggles, physically violent students, verbally inappropriate use of language, no more pension plan, tons of paperwork, performing testing even if not qualified to administer them, no teacher set-up time, Most Restrictive Environment"

"Please get your priorities in order, this Institution has so much potential if only the students had actual appropriate therapies including intensive swimming instruction, year-round intensive horseback riding therapy, Implementation of Sensory Integration Therapy, providing sidewalks for the protection and allowing students to safely explore the beautiful campus, providing more paid on-campus and off-campus vocational training, and accurate transition planning"

Good place to start your career

Current Employee - Recruiter in Langhorne, PA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Woods Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to get experience and there are really good benefits. You literally put everything you learned in school and through internships to good use.

Cons

The pay. Literally the only con about working here, but they are a nonprofit organization so you can't expect much.

I had a great experience working for Woods Services, It was rewarding, and fulfilling for me.

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Woods Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for Woods, is that they care about their employees and If you are in the caring business and love helping others, Wood is a great place to work.

Cons

You need to have your own transportation, exspecially if your are working the night shift.

I don't have much to say, however, I would like to have seen tighter security. The program manager, was a great person to work under and very professional.

If your looking for a paycheck decent place. If you actually care about people, STAY AWAY.

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Woods Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits after 6 months. Great clients that are rewarding. Some interesting staff to learn from. A lot of outings. Lots of trips. Free food. lot of overtime, supervisors too busy to check on you

Cons

Abuse, Abuse, Abuse. don't care about us staff. We are replaceable. Abuse, abuse, abuse.

Needs improvement because of their policies, salaries, dental plan and vacation time

I have been working at Woods Services

Pros

Nice work environment because of campus like setting, Help the special needs children and adults

Cons

Very low salaries for all employees, You don't get vacation days or sick days at start, must be accumulated

Good mangers, most are hard working but need to consider paying more to it's employees