Woods Services

Woods Services Reviews

Updated May 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

It was beneficial towards learning how to collaborate with individuals with different disabilities and for family needs.

Residential Counselor (Former Employee) Langhorne, PA

ProsI was able to learn how the patients cope with having to receiving care from others than their family and living in assissted living environment.

ConsThe overall ratings in most managenent and supervisor positions was very unprofessional when dealing with staff under their position.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to having training for overall staff to teach proper etiquitte and professionalism skills

Not a fair place

ProsThere are no pros to working here

ConsVery negative drama field environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore diversity in upper managment

They care more about their public relations than they care for the needs of the students!

Special Ed Teacher (Former Employee) Langhorne, PA

Pros"Some tuition reimbursement , in-service tracings offered, direct deposits, some incentive bonuses, health benefits w minimal cost, 403b offered at employees expense, workers compensation, life insurance while working, long-term disability, short-term disability ( employee has to pay), great students,great teachers/support, some excellent support staff"

Cons"Everything has an underlying glitch, minimal support from supervisors, some abusive support staff directed and student directed, cover-ups regarding violations including death of students, lack of communication between teachers and therapists, favoritism toward some teachers and slanderous statements towards targeted teachers, power struggles, physically violent students, verbally inappropriate use of language, no more pension plan, tons of paperwork, performing testing even if not qualified to administer them, no teacher set-up time, Most Restrictive Environment"

Advice to Senior Management"Please get your priorities in order, this Institution has so much potential if only the students had actual appropriate therapies including intensive swimming instruction, year-round intensive horseback riding therapy, Implementation of Sensory Integration Therapy, providing sidewalks for the protection and allowing students to safely explore the beautiful campus, providing more paid on-campus and off-campus vocational training, and accurate transition planning"

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start your career

Recruiter (Current Employee) Langhorne, PA

ProsGreat place to get experience and there are really good benefits. You literally put everything you learned in school and through internships to good use.

ConsThe pay. Literally the only con about working here, but they are a nonprofit organization so you can't expect much.

I had a great experience working for Woods Services, It was rewarding, and fulfilling for me.

Residential Counselor (Current Employee) Langhorne, PA

ProsSome of the best reasons to work for Woods, is that they care about their employees and If you are in the caring business and love helping others, Wood is a great place to work.

ConsYou need to have your own transportation, exspecially if your are working the night shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have much to say, however, I would like to have seen tighter security. The program manager, was a great person to work under and very professional.

If your looking for a paycheck decent place. If you actually care about people, STAY AWAY.

Residential Counselor (Current Employee) Langhorne, PA

ProsGood benefits after 6 months. Great clients that are rewarding. Some interesting staff to learn from. A lot of outings. Lots of trips. Free food. lot of overtime, supervisors too busy to check on you

ConsAbuse, Abuse, Abuse. don't care about us staff. We are replaceable. Abuse, abuse, abuse.

Needs improvement because of their policies, salaries, dental plan and vacation time

ProsNice work environment because of campus like setting, Help the special needs children and adults

ConsVery low salaries for all employees, You don't get vacation days or sick days at start, must be accumulated

Advice to Senior ManagementGood mangers, most are hard working but need to consider paying more to it's employees

Worked for Woods Services? Contribute to the Community!