Woodstream

Be The First To
Add Photos

Harry E. Whaley

Fast-paced manufacturing facility.

ProsAbility to get things done is high. If you're a self-starter, this can be a great place to get experience. Don't need to be tied up with the red tape of mega corporations. If you need something, get it (done).

ConsCan be a bit too fast paced at times. Not in a can't-keep-up way but more of a cart-before-the-horse way.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold more meetings to keep communication high. Expand into a positive team-building environment. Focus on helping employees achieve more instead of on inadequacies.

High Turn Over

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent benefits, corporate expense account, training, travel

ConsLack of leadership, low salary, high turn over, angry managers, you are not encouraged to try to move up in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people who are in charge of brand categories only make 60k. I couldn't imagine working my butt off for years to only make 60k. Maybe if you pay your people better salaries, turnover wouldnt be so incredibly high. The employees are catty... it is almost like high school. Tension runs high because everyone hates their job. I used to love watching everyone at 5PM. They wanted to leave, but it was almost frowned upon to leave at 5PM. They wanted you to stay until 5:30 to show dedication. Only sales people get company stock, and when the company does well and they all get brand new cars, it kills morale.

I enjoyed the work experience, though it was short-lived.

Electronics Technician (Former Employee)
    Knoxville, TN

ProsThe rate of pay was decent for a technician.

ConsThe supervisors were not very good people managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of certain supervisory personnel and bring in warm blooded mammals.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A learning experience in a company working toward manufacturing.

Production Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Knoxville, TN

ProsMet alot of great people, and my influence was felt.

ConsNeed to value stream their products.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you evaluate all changes from top to bottom. Also understand the changes you make to a product, and the cost if it fails good or bad. Cut down on repacks due to changes or mistakes, the cost adds up everytime you touch it and it hurts your overhaed.

Not bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent compensation. Decent benefits. There is a chocolate factory in the same town.

ConsAbysmal yearly raises. Inflexible processes delay bringing products to market. Corporate offices are in a small town in the middle of Pennsylvania.

Could be A LOT better

SR1 (Current Employee)
    Lititz, PA

ProsDecent benefits,
    Easy work, workday moves along quick,
    All major holidays off, + a few floating holidays to use whenever,
    Good employees to work with,
    The raised starting $, so if you start now you'll be making as much as senior employees

ConsShort overtime notices,
    After working 40+ hours one week probability of being sent home early the next,
    No internal advancement available for hourly employees,
    Mundane issues are constantly brought up, when serious saftey hazards are not reviewed

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of current employees instead of those you're bringing in the door, handle issues brought up by the people who deal with these problems everyday, we do the job we know how to make it better.. Its easy to sit and the office and dictate, its hard to actually be part of the "team" you're trying to create..

Woodstream

WAREHOUSE ORDER PULLER (Current Employee)
    Saint Joseph, MO

ProsGood benefits / affordable. Lots of over time but hit and miss. Does have a 401K plan but only pays 25% up to 6% with a yearly company donation.

ConsWill work 50 to 60 hours 1 week then they send us home early the next week. Poor management. Only get 1 raise per year that doest keep up with the cost of living. No potential to make a decent wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop holding back raises. to end the turn over. have a set pay scale to give us something to work for. An annual rise of 3% doesnt keep up with the cost of living

Worked for Woodstream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Woodstream reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Woodstream CEO Harry E. Whaley. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Woodstream employees.