Wordbank

Wordbank Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kevin Grant-Dalton

Good company, good people, good service

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWordbank has a great team of talented and dedicated people. As a small office, we all get to pitch in where needed, and we get good and varied experience as a result. Salaries are competitive for the industry. We are differentiated in the market on customer service, customized solutions and true focus on a holistic international marketing approach.

ConsWhile our small numbers work to our advantage with agility and speed in client needs and workflow customizations, it can cause bottlenecks with internal efforts. Strategic people can get caught up in production, and while that is good for client delivery it can be difficult when it comes to progressing other business goals.

Amazing Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWork with an incredible group of people who are dedicated to achieving amazing results. We aim to "wow" each other and our clients on a daily basis. Open-door communication policy at all levels. We are always looking for opportunities to grow and are committed to enabling everyone in the office to find their passion as professionals. We truly believe that when people are happy and feel respected, great things will happen.

ConsI wouldn't really call this a con but we do work hard and constantly evaluate our performance. We challenge the status quo in our industry and create custom solutions to meet the needs of our clients. A company and culture committed to innovation will experience some "pain" along the way as we try new things. So long as we are constantly learning and doing a better job in our next attempt, the blood, sweat and tears are worth it.

Work hard, play hard

(Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat people; relaxed but hard-working environment; management that actually cares about team members; focus on quality of life and fair treatment as well as making money; open to change and suggestions when ideas are well thought-out and researched.

ConsCompared to larger players in the industry compensation is less, but possibly comparable when considering the hourly wage (i.e., shorter working hours for slightly less pay). For the right person this is a worthwhile tradeoff, while some will prefer selling their free time for more money. Also, if you are inclined to say "that's not my job" at any time, this will not be the right environment for you. Everyone pitches in to get the job done, and that is a benefit for me but may not fit everyone's working style.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdditional administrative resources could help relieve management and allow them to focus more on strategic tasks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall, a great company to work for in a growing industry.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWordbank is a small private company with a relaxed work environment and a great culture with a flat hierarchy. Management is committed to ensuring everyone has a voice and the opportunity to contribute to the development of the business. There are plenty of challenges everyday to keep you on your toes and great team spirit to help you manage them.

ConsAs with any small business it's hard work and expectations are high. There are few boundaries around roles in the company, everyone fulfills multiple roles and has to be flexible and open to change. This can be both a pro and con depending on what your personal aspirations are. Also, the US office is a growing business - people have to be prepared to invest in the future and look to rewards down the line. Nothing is handed to you on a plate in this company, except respect and the opportunity to get involved.

good work/life balance

Prosgood reputation
    work with talented people
    good work environment
    good hours
    good place to work if you think about retirement

Consoffice politics, yes it's all about people
    ineffective trainings and meetings
    project cycle is very slow
    senior people are under qualified

Advice to Senior Managementtoo many senior people are siting in the office and doing nothing. need to develop a better performance evaluation system

Worked for Wordbank? Contribute to the Community!