WorkBox Staffing Reviews

CEO

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at WorkBox Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Workbox is a great place to grow professionally. We are a rapidly growing company with many new career opportunities on the horizon. Management believes in promoting from within and values the staff. If you work hard and have a positive attitude, you will be recognized for it. Management is also very approachable and listens to your concerns and suggestions and takes them seriously.

Cons

Long hours required during the busy season, however if you have childcare to worry about, Workbox has you covered with the in house daycare.

Jun 8, 2015 – Marketing/Social Media Manager

Thanks for the positive review! We appreciate the feedback and your dedication to Workbox Staffing!

2. temp worker

Current Employee - Temp in Southgate, MI
    Current Employee - Temp in Southgate, MI

Pros

The staff is friendly in person and on the phone. They tall positive on the phone and in person. Office building easy to find.

Cons

They don't assign you a job even after you have been signed up with them for many months.i signed up with them in early spring and was assured that they had jobs and to call in every 7 days.i did that and they never got me a job.i then called in more often and they still had nothing and would put me on hold and pass me to a extension where no one answers the phone. They give and save jobs for certain people but will tell you nothing is available when you call in.this place is a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Stop having favoritism when it comes to job assignments.gjve jobs to the peoole who call In regularly.the southgate office has never assigned me anything

Aug 12, 2015 – Marketing/Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with Workbox. We will certainly take your advice into consideration so that we are providing the best service to our ... More

3. Good steady work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

Pros

They call you when job become available

Cons

Some of the pay is small

Advice to Management

When a person prefer off shift try to accommodate

Aug 12, 2015 – Marketing/Social Media Manager

Thanks for the review! We will take your advice into consideration and hope to provide the best service to our employees!

5. Internal Review

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

The best tracking software I've experienced. Great process integrity!

Cons

Competing territories in sales areas but it's being discussed now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jun 8, 2015 – Marketing/Social Media Manager

Thanks for the positive feedback!

6. Sales

Pros

Very friendly company, takes time to let you develop and learn at your own speed. Upper level management trusts in their employees and seeks counsel and advice when making changes from their employees. Metrics are loose in order to allow sales people to close new business. Huge growth potential if desired.

Cons

High stress due to the nature of the business. Not always understanding exactly what you should be doing.

Advice to Management

none at this time

Jun 8, 2015 – Marketing/Social Media Manager

Thanks for the positive review! It is greatly appreciated.

7. Goal Oriented Company, Uniting Talent with Opportunity!

Pros

I am a people person, so being able to work with a wide variety of clients in a professional setting is a great fit for me!

Cons

There is a high accountability and responsibility to deliver on your numbers and goals, which adds pressure and stress when your performance is less than on point. I personally don't work my best under pressure, so this alone can feel like a challenge some days.

Advice to Management

I feel like territories are treated equal, when in fact they can be very diverse. Therefore, if you are going to offer sales competitions and incentives there should be some type of equilibrium amongst territories/offices to make it seem attainable to all office staff.

Jun 9, 2015 – Marketing/Social Media Manager

We will certainly take your comments into consideration in aspects that we need to improve on. We appreciate the time you took to write this review! Thank you!

8. I found a home that I will grow in

Current Employee - Recruiter in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at WorkBox Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced and always something new. Workbox seems to be growing and there is room for advancement. The culture is competitive but very rewarding in the paycheck. It looks like they are valuing education for more management positions and sales positions. The owner likes to give out very nice gifts as rewards for good jobs done. A couple of people received Louis Vuitton Purses. Hopefully my hard work is noticed next.

Cons

Change. Things are changing but I think it is because of the growth.

Advice to Management

I know things are changing fast, but how about a big picture look behind the curtain?

Dec 26, 2014 – Marketing/Social Media Manager

You're right! Things at our staffing service do change quite often, and it is because we're rapidly growing. We appreciate the feedback, and have taken all comments into consideration. Thank you! ... More

Good staff, and they always try and find you work that you are looking for and that will fit you.

Former Employee - Mailer in Walker, MI
    Former Employee - Mailer in Walker, MI

I worked at WorkBox Staffing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are grate and always willing to help.

Cons

you have to be on time worker and always call in if you are going to miss work

Jul 30, 2014 – Marketing/Social Media Manager

We appreciate your feedback. Our staff is dedicated to providing the right candidates to our clients and we're glad you are working with us! We understand that unforeseen obstacles may interfere with ... More

Workbox Staffing

I have been working at WorkBox Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great place to work

Cons

Things can be a little different but in all is ok

Advice to Management

none

Jul 17, 2014 – Marketing/Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

11. Music to my ears at Workbox, "You're hired".

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at WorkBox Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Workbox provides an optimistic environment for all who enter the doors. We never think twice about wanting to help an employee in need. Opportunity is our middle name! Internal employee effort. Helpful criticism Open learning environment Smiles on the faces of those who we help

Cons

Employees may sometimes take Workbox for advantage. Employees may not understand how hard we work to employ them, hard work in return would be much appreciated.

Advice to Management

Dear Management, Through my eyes, you create opportunities for not only people who need not a second chance but maybe even a third chance or fourth chance. Never turning away someone who is asking Workbox for help, asking Workbox for a chance to make a better life for themselves and to start fresh at life. Aspects of being an internal employee can be of advantage when input may be needed or discussed. Observing the office, I will suggest that new employees need proper and correct training. Being under prepared for situations can be easily prevented with an experienced employee training new employees.

Dec 26, 2014 – Marketing/Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the work you've put into our staffing services. Based on your comments, we can see that you understand the essence of Workbox Staffing and how we treat our ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed