Workbridge Associates

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Matt Milano

Pros
  • You come into the job as an entry-level employee, you gain a ton of business skills (in 12 reviews)

• They have a great training program, and really want you to be successful (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Some long hours due to competitive market (in 5 reviews)

• Be prepared to work and work hard in a high pressure sales environment or you're out (in 3 reviews)

Full-time Employee

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Workbridge Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came into this job straight out of college not really knowing what I was getting myself into. The interview process happened really quickly, and this being my first job, I didn't know what to expect. So far my experience at Workbridge has been very rewarding both professionally and personally.

From talking to my friends and other people who have started jobs out of college, I realized that the training and the amount of time that Workbridge invests in their employees is something that you can't get at most other entry level positions. It's definitely fast paced, but I'm constantly learning and doing things I never would have thought I would do. Sometimes it seems like a lot to take on all at once, but one of the best things about working at Workbridge is that all the upper management started at the exact same position as you. They really encourage asking for help, and I know that if I ever needed advice or additional training I can ask any manager in the office and they will talk it through with me.

This job definitely isn't for everyone, but for anyone who wants to gain well rounded skills that can be applied to any job, I would definitely start here. There's an unlimited opportunity for growth and they keep a competitive atmosphere to motivate you to push yourself. At the end of the day though it's really up to you to take advantage of what they're offering.

Other pros:
    -Young energetic office (its a bullpen style office so you can hear and see everyone)
    - Office Happy Hours/ Parties if the office does well or just because
    - One on one training and mentorship from your Manager who sits at the same desk
    -Face-to-face interactions with clients where you meet with CEOs/VPs
    - Opportunity for other perks such as trips around the country if you perform well
    -The benefits are above agerage

Cons

-It's true that the pay doesn't start out very high. Part of that is a motivator to perform because you get raises based on performance.
    -There is a level of highs and lows you will go through based on the market ( I think that's true of any sales job).
    - Kind of a lot of turn over

Advice to Management

Keep listening and learning to each other

2. Might be for some, just not for me.

Former Employee - IT Staffing in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - IT Staffing in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Workbridge Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, young crowd to work with as a first job out of college

Cons

Very tedious. repetitive, and unsatisfying

3. Associate Recruiter

I worked at Workbridge Associates full-time

Pros

They hire entry level in a tough market with the idea that as long as you have the "hustle" theyll help shape your skills

Cons

90% Cold Calling, 10% Recruiting

Advice to Management

push heavily on the amount of sales a worker will be doing.

5. Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Workbridge Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome corporate culture, weekly incentives and you learn the full-desk recruiting cycle. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere in the recruiting industry, or HR for that matter. You get what you put in, but the training is very hands-on and it makes you learn the software tech industry inside out. Great location for the office, some of the most fun co-workers you will ever work with and they take you out for drinks every now and then. Fun, open, collaborative, startup-like environment!

Cons

This is a cut-throat sales environment, not for the faint of heart. The sales part comes in when you sell the service to the clients, candidates and sell them on each other. Work becomes commission-based after 1-2 years of hard work, so base salary can be low. Without the proper knowledge of the market and technologies, it can be very difficult to close deals.

Advice to Management

Great with the hands-on training, but educating employees more about the job market as well as the technologies would be ideal.

6. Rewarding, Fast paced, Team oriented

I have been working at Workbridge Associates full-time

Pros

- I enjoy coming into work every day
    - I work with people who are ambitious and entrepreneurial
    - Innovative and quick to make positive changes to stay competitive in the industry
    - Growth for employees at all levels
    - Excellent compensation and benefits

Cons

- Strict work hours (no work from home)
    - Entry level salary is low
    - Ups and downs in the market

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and making positive improvements to the training and culture.

7. Lead Recruiter

I have been working at Workbridge Associates

Pros

-On-the-desk training program that teaches you full life cycle sales
    -weekly training meetings on topics that are tailored to what you are working on
    -Great company culture where everyone likes to have a good time and reward hard work
    -Management is always available and willing to help (they want you to succeed)
    -You can make a lot of money- you get out of it what you put into it
    -this company gives you all the tools to build a successful sales career, it's up to you what you do with them

Cons

-starting salary can be intimidating, but you have the opportunity to double that within your first year
    -this job is not for the faint of heart, you need to be able to take feedback/criticism well and learn from your mistakes

Advice to Management

continue to incorporate new sales models and training techniques.

8. Lead Recruiter

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Workbridge Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great training program
    -Huge growth potential starting in an entry level role
    -Promotion only from within, everyone in management started in an entry-level position
    -Collaborative and supportive team environment

Cons

-Must be willing to work hard, but there is great reward for those that do

OK experience - horrible work

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Workbridge Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- OK office with nice view
    - Networking events
    - Some cool co-workers
    - Happy Hours (could also be a con)

Cons

You are constantly working long hours. You come in at 8:30am (except Tuesdays and Thursdays where you have to come in at 8am for "training") until 5:30pm, and very rare you are actually leaving at 5:30pm. You are making cold calls all day long and getting hung up on. You have to track everything that you do, how many calls you make, how many people you actually talk to, etc. You are running a full desk so you have to get your own leads, and any leads that do come through on the phone or from other teams are giving to the managers of the team. Management is constantly micromanaging and asking "what are you doing" or "why aren't you on the phones" every other minute, and I have witnessed my co-workers being yelled at and cussed at by their manager when they don't do what they want. They say they are doing it because they want you to succeed, but really the only reason is because any deals that you do are put in their pocket. You are constantly being belittled and called out and everyone hears (because it is an open environment). Managers make you repeat everything they say on the phone when you are speaking to a hiring manager which is awkward because the person on the other line can hear you, and I've actually been called out about that a few times. An hour lunch where you are still expected to take work calls, and you are constantly told to "hurry up" when going to the bathroom or getting water. No snacks or anything in the kitchen. One microwave for the whole office so you have to wait about 20 minutes before you actually get to eat your lunch. You are expected to have 2 brand new pages of source in the morning along with a daily plan layout of your day so you basically have homework and rarely leave at 5:30. There are a good amount of happy hours, but after spending every single day with the same people, it's the last thing you want to do, not to mention they order NO food at the happy hours so you are extremely hungry, and no reimbursement for your transportation. You constantly have "meetings" every single day about the same stuff over and over again. You get all this and a base salary of 33k and no commission (for the first 1-2 years) and no perks. They definitely beef up on the job a lot in the initial interview and basically every day to try and keep people there. Very high turnover rate. It was good experience, but you can definitely find a better paying job with a better environment and management for an entry level job...keep looking.

Advice to Management

Stop paying and treating your employees like monkeys.

10. Technical Recruiter

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Workbridge Associates

Pros

Some people will have positive experiences here, and a lot of that depends on the team they are placed on. If you are willing to live off extremely low wages for the first 2-3 years out of college for the possibility to make good money in the future then workbridge could be a good for you. However, my experience there was not a good one, hence the one start rating.

Cons

There's a million traditional recruiting firms like Workbridge in the city, they are really nothing special, they have no edge on the competition and like many recruiting agencies they don't compensate their employees well.

They were misleading about the compensation (it started around 33,000 a year (no commission). The part where they mislead me is how long it takes to advance/improve your pay. For that reason, my trust in the management was tainted from the start.

People will have different experiences at this place and a lot of that depends on who you get as a trainer/manager. I was unfortunate enough to get the worst performing manager in the office. For that reason it was difficult for me to preform well and advance. He didn't take the time out to train me properly and would lose his temper pretty easily as people with napoleonic complexes are prone to do.

In the end they fired me instead of admitting any fault in the people they chose to promote to management positions. This was my first job out of college so a lot of performance was dependent on the training I received. I am glad to have been let go because I currently make close to double what I made there as a sales rep at a tech startup.

Advice to Management

Improve your training process, have it more hands on, educate trainees more on the industry. Be more wary of the character of those you choose to advance and not just their performance.

11. Good experience, but horrible pay. Pyramid Scheme at it's finest...

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Workbridge Associates

Pros

Fun work environment (everyone drinks together after work, all the time), but the job is tiring and not for the weak hearted.

Cons

100+ cold calls a day, full cycle sales, lowest starting salary I encountered, and zero commission for the first 1-2 years.

Advice to Management

Give a higher salary to new employees, as well as commission! (At least they are upfront about the commission, but they take advantage of young grads who do not know any better.)

RSS Feed </> Embed