Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Workday Co-CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros:
  • "My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Great people and a really great company"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth"
    in 6 reviews
  • "They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

was amazing, turning bureaucratic in a hurry...

I have been working at Workday

Prosgreat product, solid top (as in C-level) leadership, ethical

Consway too political for a company of its age and stage.

Advice to Senior Managementdevelop and promote based on performance and talent v. personal relationships and preferences. stop making talent decisions based on second, third hand perceptions. practice what you sell...top flight HCM.

Good Experience, But Not Perfect

Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday as an intern for less than a year

ProsThey supply housing and the pay is pretty good. Very good company to work for and they really invest in your development/ education as a software engineer.

ConsIt is a big company and sometimes you get lost in the shuffle or get bogged down in the corporate structure. They weren't extremely prepared for the fall interns with projects so there was some sitting around and waiting at times.

fantastic company with great future prospects. Without a doubt going to be the ERP leader in the cloud

Pre-Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Proshire top quality talent, management is fantastic, product is great and the customers are happy

Conslots of hires from legacy companies. need more youth and innovative thinking in the sales force

Advice to Senior Managementhire from more innovative companies rather than from those that we deem are antiquated

Somewhat disillusioned

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsSaaS technology definitely represents the next wave in Enterprise Administrative systems.

ConsLots of former PeopleSoft employees in the ranks. Lots of Bureaucracy for a small organization.

Overall, great product and excellent senior management; Beware, toxic CSD environment.

Corporate Sales Development (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat senior leadership, fun company events. All employees are invited to company meetings. Workday is leading provider of ERP in the cloud, stock is performing well, keep it up.

ConsMany of the old reviews regarding the CSD environment from 2012 remain true well past their date.
Senior management may not have any idea how bad it really became, or just didn't care;
bait and switch. Limited career advancement from CSD, most after their CSD tenure end up in positions filled with recent graduates. Some have made it into very interesting roles, the majority went into other support roles not related to prospecting for new customers. Long story short: Your CSD skills have little value in other areas of the company. (Not worth it for all the grunt work that you're enslaved to do.) Especially if you have to do it in SLC.

If you're interested in 2+ years of cold calling, only to find yourself rotating around to a somewhat related support role, be my guest. If you're passionate about sales, and you want a much more linear and logical career path, salesforce.com might be a better choice.

Great company, CEOs, product and co-workers!

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCEOs who believe in me and, unlike some others, are not weasels.
Everyone here is really smart and motivated.
Constant opportunities to innovate, as the kind of work we do has not been done before.
Satisfied customers.

ConsLong hours.
Not paid competitive to the market, but that is balanced by great stock options in my case.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed some kind of sabbatical program for those of us who have been running at full speed for quite a while.

Great place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsCollaborative work environment, good sense of community, great products, great customer services
Family Friendly
Pet Friendly

ConsUsual office politics, no flexibility for remote work or office hours

So far so good...

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsInnovative company with energized employees all working together to make the company succeed. Core values are refreshing.

ConsSuccess and growth keep company in a constant state of change. Not an environment that everyone is comfortable with.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you've been doing

You get out what you put in

Consultant (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery Experienced Senior Leadership
Great Product
Happy Customers
Long Term Growth Opportunities

The software is in very high demand, and there we are filling a need that is really only supplied by one company. The incumbent vendors are doomed (with perhaps the exception of SAP). Oracle will soon leave the ERP market, because no one will be buying on-premise ERP in 5 years. Tech comes and goes, and we are on the way in.

ConsGrowing pains associated with any hyper-growth company (i.e. processes are fluid and sometimes unclear)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. As long you continue to treat the front-line employee with respect and honesty, our future is extremely bright.

a most pleasant company to work for!

Software QA Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsSmart, motivated, enthusiastic people and an overwhelmingly positive culture
Leading edge technology
Excellent business model
Excellent sales pipeline

Workday is a fast paced software company with vision and leadership. It is an excellent place to advance internally, and also excellent for a future resume since it has a reputation for hiring well, and uses leading edge technologies. People work together without the paralyzing politics found in so many corporations, because the management has made it so by having policies that reinforce and reward teamwork and innovation.

Consno cons. this is a great company.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday Videos

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Workday CEO Aneel Bhusri. All 113 reviews posted anonymously by Workday employees.