Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management(in 7 reviews)

• Great people and a really great company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth(in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area(in 5 reviews)

Truly a great place to work!

ProsTeam mentality; very positive working environment.

ConsOnboarding was difficult - not a lot of structure/formality. Hard to meet/get to know coworkers. But, I think this has to do with the fact that they in such a big growth phase right now and they're trying to get procedures in place to handle this.

The Right Place To Be

ProsI feel fortunate to be working here. Workday is one of the most exciting places to work right now, and has a very bright future. I have a fantastic relationship with my supervisor, and the work is fun and interesting. I've never been afraid to say what's on my mind, which is rare.

ConsIt's a fast growing company and changing quickly, so only join the ride if you can handle the speed. With all the new hires, there is a bit of a "land grab" for ownership of things, but that's what happens when a lot of ambitious and smart people come together. Not really a worry since there's plenty of work and opportunity.

Challenging, Innovative and Exciting place to work

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe company leadership and products are stellar. Prospects are blown away by what Workday brings to the table. The acumen of people this company is able to attract is top notch. The ERP industry is at a tipping point and Workday is a contributor to that tipping point.

ConsThe pace is fast and you need to be able to continuously engage,learn and be prepared to stretch.
    Workday is a start up and you need to be a jack of all trades due to resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus and path. This is one of the most exciting places I have worked and I am very proud to be here!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

ProsGreat Place to Work, talented leadership team

ConsLong hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth

Work hard, play hard.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsFast pace, smart people - we're changing the game of enterprise software.

ConsLong work hours sometimes, understaffed for the amount of work that has to be done.

It's an innovative company with a lot of potential and a good sense of humor, I'm excited to be here!

ProsEveryone works hard, coworkers are friendly, I feel like I'm part of a team rather than competing with my coworkers.

ConsEverything moves very quickly, it's difficult to keep up. Once you think you've mastered an area of the software, it changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on innovation in all areas of the organization, not just product innovation. Workday is different than other HR vendors so I would expect deployment, training, and sales of Workday to be as different from traditional ERP as the product is. Also, keep investing in Workday Labs! What a great concept.

Great company with great opportunities

ProsThis place is on a roll...the product is awesome, the new business is pouring in, and the clients are very happy. The senior leadership is very impressive: humble, extremely bright, and most of them have already managed organizations through very rapid growth. Workday is filled with very smart people who leave their egos at the door, instead focusing on making our product and service great. I never worked at Peoplesoft, and I don't think it matters. I've never felt like an outsider for a moment (contrary to other comments posted here).

ConsThis place is moving very quickly, so expectations are high. We're pushed out of our comfort zone - those with faith in themselves can handle it. Workday isn't for those who want a slow, relaxed, ramp up period.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur management team is phenomenal. More pay and options would be nice.

Workday is a good place to be

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWorkday really is on the next wave of technology, bringing SaaS to the enterprise space.

ConsWhile the product is really strong, some in management believe the product is perfect and sells itself.

Workday is everything I've wanted in a company and in a job

Recruiter (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsThe people I work with are passionate and committed to seeing each other succeed and to seeing the company succeed. The technology is cutting edge and disrupting the enterprise technology landscape and literally changing the game. The leadership, from the executive level down to the line level, are 2nd to none. And Dave D., what can I say, the man knows what he's doing. Our future is bright and I look forward to our continued success as we grow and capture market share.

ConsBe ready to work....yes, it's true, there is a lot of work to be done. Is this a con? For me, no, but for some, yes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

It's a great place to work!

(Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsI have worked at a few startups and a few large companies. This company ranks very high on my list of “the best places to work”. The Workday employees are, hands down, some of the smartest people in tech industry. The bonus is that they are also incredibly nice and foster a supportive work environment.

Workday has done a phenomenal job at maintaining a great company culture even with rapid employee growth. They have also done a fantastic job with hiring a diverse technical skill-set from top internet, consumer and enterprise companies.

I’ve worked here for a couple of years and I can say with certainty, that the leadership is spectacular. I have watched them navigate a very tough economy with clear direction, clear communication and with the type of flexibility that is necessary to manage a young company in uncertain economic times.

ConsNo major cons. If you look for problems, you’ll find them, no matter where you work. As with any successful high growth company, we work hard, solve complex problems and walk away feeling like we have accomplished something great. Workday is definitely a place for those who are builders and have personal drive.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!