Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros:
  • "My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Great people and a really great company"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth"
    in 6 reviews
  • "They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Awesome place to work

ProsNice culture, they really care for employees, great pay, excellent benefits, free breakfast, snacks, refreshments, recreation (pool/ping pong/arcade games), gym membership, green workplace, lots and lots of fun events, and the list goes on...

On their products-brilliant architecture, out of the box thinking, all round awesome.

ConsCan't really think of any.

It is not what they pretend to be.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay.
    Some departments seemed good to work for still when I left.

ConsLies from management.
    Backstabbing to gain rank.
    Sexual harassment towards females at least in my department. (yes a compliant was given to HR. But even the people I know saw it didn't want to get involved)
    The company moto is 'Workday and nights' definitely true if you want to get ahead. Don't expect a family life.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamam your new management. It's about how can I rise though the ranks. Not about employees. You want to be be the best place to work. Stop asking us to lie on the public servey. They give 2 surveys. One for the public. The other for the truth that management sees. And ignores it seems.

Leading ERP product, divisive Leadership

Pleasanton, CA

ProsBest HR product on the market bar-none, excellent talent and hard working employees

Cons2 CEO's with opposite management styles has created a divisive leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease focus on Management training and improve hiring profiles across key areas

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe technology is ever evolving to meet our client's needs. Things are never boring or slow paced here.

ConsI am not sure if i have one yet

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE MORE PEOPLE, too much work and not enough employees.

Outstanding Company

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

ProsThe work culture is amazing, there's great benefits, and awesome perks. What more do you need?

ConsIt's growing at a rapid pace so the small business feel is diminishing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy manager was great! She was engaged, honest, and approachable.

Pretty Good

Pleasanton, CA

ProsThe Generation Workday program does a good job of bringing in top talent and grooming them to be the future faces of the company. For what I do at the company, I found the pay to be great, coming out of school. The company is growing, so they are adding benefits all the time. Nice free gym membership.

ConsIn certain roles, you can be stretched thin a times. Workday emphasizes fun and friendship as being important to the overall culture, but It can be more attainable to some than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your employees and paving the way for great enterprise SaaS!

Love it

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

Prosgreat place to work and growth

Consnot really, still a growing company learning how to manage the increasing number of clients and workers

Fun place to work, great employees, great technology

Associate Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWorking here is a great time. Lots of company parties, team outings, great culture and work-life balance.

ConsNot very competitive with pay, raises, RSU's, or bonuses. I've been here 2 years and I just received my first raise. It would have been a good first year raise, but after 2 years I was expecting much more. They also only give raises/promotions twice a year during performance reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better compensation

Very political company - if you're connected, great. If not....good luck.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product and huge market momentum. Very strong position in the market and working on converting from legacy systems.

ConsExtremely political leadership that takes care of the inside crew and doesn't care about the rest. The top makes all the money.

Great atmosphere and fun place to work.

HCM Consultant (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat place to work. Fun atmosphere with great leadership. The pace of work is changing constantly as the company grows which makes for great challenges.

ConsSome may see the constant change as a con. It can make things feel a little unstable but all I see is opportunities with the amount of growth the company is going through.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday Videos

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Workday CEO Aneel Bhusri. All 124 reviews posted anonymously by Workday employees.