Workday Reviews

Reset
4.2
Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • Decent Work-Life Balance depending upon your role (in 11 reviews)

• Great product and huge market momentum (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is horrifically below industry standards (especially for the Bay Area) (in 7 reviews)

• Can sometimes work really long hours to finish up a project before the deadline (in 6 reviews)

1. Fantastic Place to Work!

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Management is reasonable. That is key. The folks I work with want to see me succeed. Pay is great. Company culture is fun, young, and energized. Benefits are AMAZING. You are never expected to work more than 40 hours - unless you need to meet a deadline, which you'll be doing at any job. (VERY VERY RARE) Unlimited time off for salaried employees.

Cons

A lot of stock bonuses - which some see as a con. However the company is continuing to grow and not a single one of us are concerned about the value of our stock.

2. Workday is on its Next and Even Better Chapter

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

People, raw intelligence, product, integrity, collaboration over competition, snacks (would be nice to have slightly healthier options). Absolutely LOVE the SF office. Has a lot of comradery and feels more like a starup. Pleasanton can get pretty corporate and stuffy.

Cons

Our IT choices around content management systems and communication platforms are atrocious. I've been working for many months and I am still finding all these pockets on information. If someone just put together a packet of information and had videos with executives and SMEs (no need to spend weeks scripting - just get them on camera!) There are 10 different communication applications and I have to have about 6 applications on at all time (confluence, workspace, chatter, slack, skype, jabber, outlook etc etc). Just pick one collaboration / content management / learning system (maybe build it into Workday?) and stick with it!

Advice to Management

Continue to take time to mentor up-and-coming talent and break down red-tape and silos. Better onboarding (especially technical) for those not in sales or engineering. Even thought I'm not an engineer I support paying / providing more RSUs to developers as we need to hire and retain the best talent.

3. Great Atmosphere to Work in

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Great Culture, Co-Workers, Perks are nice, office events are fun

Cons

Pay probably not as good as other tech companies

Advice to Management

They are all doing a fantastic job!

5. Good place to work!

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Great managers, focus on employee happiness, and positive workplace. I have enjoyed all of my coworkers at Workday!

Cons

High stress that comes with a fast-paced technology company. Pay is not as high as comparable positions at other work places.

Advice to Management

I have only had great managers at Workday.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Well run company, minimum of politics.
    Work on new technology and challenging problems.
    Work with a lot of very nice and talented people.
    Compensation is excellent.

Cons

Convoluted development process and pipeline.

Quota Achievement

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Good product, smart people, good tools to leverage.

Cons

Small territories, long sales cycles, few products to sell or add on.
    Less than 20% of Account Executives achieve quota
    2 +years to sell a new new account and then in 6 mo it is move to an install team.
    Small territories

Advice to Management

Move to a model where at least 50% of the salesforce achieve quota. Find a way for there to be some add on business or shorter sales cycles for AE's. More members of the sales team need to share in the success of the company. Most of the attendees at sales club are not AE's that is not right.

8. Amazing company with an amazing product!

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Product quality, people spirit, customer oriented, company strategy and potential

Cons

potential to be realized, to be checked in the coming years !

Advice to Management

keep going :-)

9. Great Work-Life balance....but

Current Employee - Reporting Specialist in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Reporting Specialist in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Great Work life balance
    Very fun Company
    VERY Flexibly time off
    Snacks!

Cons

Compensation relative to other companies isn't the best
    No 401k

Workday Built For the Future

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Workday overall has a great company culture. The core values is what sets this company apart from other companies that tend to be very corporate. The products and technology are constantly improving to keep up with the emerging market.

Cons

There are sub-cultures within Workday that do not adhere to the core values. The support organization is very corporate and distinct from the overall company. To lure you in to the support group they will talk a good game about how flexible they are, have tons of opportunities to learn and grow, and how you will be compensated regularly with RSUs and bonuses. There is very little to no training on how to actually work on cases. Most of the training is on how to use the Sales Force ticketing system and tons of procedural processes. There are only a handful of analysts who really know what they are doing and they are usually overworked or on the edge of being burnt out. There is a high turn over rate in support. I've talked to the few who successfully transferred and they all told me that their new managers had to really fight for them and negotiate a transfer at a minimum of 6 months after their initial transfer date. I have never seen anyone be able to transfer unless they've been in the group for a minimum of 2 years, even though company policy states transfers are allowed after 1 year. Support's policies supposedly is different based on what they've been telling me. Support management won't put that in writing and know how to work the system to prevent unhappy support analysts from complaining.
    If you are a young individual I do not recommend you working for the support organization. You'll work countless hours and miss fun company events. You will see and compare how others are treated in the other departments(Environments, Infrastructure, Development, QA) and realize how different it is. The more senior analysts usually assign the harder cases to you and tell you to work with a developer to figure out the issue. I sometimes wonder if the senior analysts even know how to work the harder cases without development's help.
    You'll be given very little guidance on how you can grow your career and what goals you'll need to achieve in order to advance. I've seen so many people in the other departments, who have started the same time I have, be promoted and advancing their careers while I'm still struggling to learn from my management what is it I need to do to move up in support.

Advice to Management

Workday is growing and to keep the company culture intact they really need to listen to their employee HR complaints. I'm pretty sure a lot of groups outside of support are happy with the company. But they should check with the people working and who have worked in support before things get worse and it starts to affect other departments as well as the company as a whole.

11. Admin

Former Employee - Administrative in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product and huge market momentum

Cons

Pay is horrifically below industry standards

RSS Feed </> Embed