Workday

Updated December 11, 2014
4.4

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • With that said, work life balance is respected (at least in the orgs I have experience with) (in 11 reviews)

• Great product and technology - development team at corporate was a blast (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits are the worst a Bay Area Tech company can ever offer (in 7 reviews)

• Can sometimes work really long hours to finish up a project before the deadline (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Workday values its Customers, Employees and is a fine place to work

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Workday is a continuation of the culture developed and matured originally at PeopleSoft. We treat our Customers and Employees very very well and with respect.

Cons

Sales Reps do not earn as much as at other ERP and Software sales companies in general. But if you exceed your quota you can blow out your earnings.

Provide either a travel allowance, or an extra starting bonus or more incentive to last the first year or two before a really large deal can get fully baked.

Great people and culture, and interesting work

I worked at Workday as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

What sets Workday apart is the culture. They put a big emphasis on your personality, and it shows in the hiring process and your coworkers. I became good friends with several coworkers in just a few months. My manager did an awesome job and it was evident that he really cared about every member on the team. He would always check in to make sure that the workload wasn't overbearing and would ask for individual input. The work is fun and rewarding, and the technology is unique and innovative.

Cons

The company is growing at a rapid rate and new initiatives are constantly undertaken. As a result, sometimes the spec or design of a project could be clearer, so that employees do not waste time building something that will be scrapped because it didn't match the customer's/management's expectations.

Consider assigning senior engineers a lesser workload so they can act as mentors for younger engineers. I know some managers do this already and from what I've observed, it yields very positive results.

Workday is the best company a person can work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Workday full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working here for about 4 months now. I came straight out of college with a degree in business. Working for Workday as been the most incredible experience. They take so much time and money in training their employees. I'm challenged every day. My leadership gives me the tools to succeed. The people that I work with are hard working, funny, and just down right good people. I'm not over worked even though I'm salary, work about 40-45 hours a week. Also the industry is exploding so Workday is growing faster then any company I know. I turned down a huge salary to come here and I have to say it was so worth it. I'm so happy to come into work every day.

Cons

I can't think of anything honestly.

Keep making your employees feel appreciated and continue to challenge them on the individual level.

Employee Friendly

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Workday is really focus to preserve its key values and keep working environment employee friendly. They provide great on boarding and new hire trainings.

Cons

Pay is average and benefits could be better.

Best company I've worked for

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, informal, ambitious, friendly, just a great place to work. Loads of opportunities and really smart people.

Cons

Hours can be long (by choice to get things done) but there is a lot of flexibility if you want to work from home, start earlier/later etc.

Great summer internship experience

Current Employee - Associate Applications Developer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Had such a great summer due to this internship. They housed us, and had events for us all the time. The employees here are mostly all really nice, and the other interns were cool. Working wasn't ever really stressful, and felt laid back.

Cons

If you're in app dev, working in their proprietary language somewhat limits your learning experience for the internship. I felt like I didn't have time to really learn it that well, and therefore didn't do as much through the summer.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits, fun technology and great product

Cons

None that I can think of

A software company with an edge both in the technology stack and in work life balance.

I have been working at Workday full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The opportunity to direct your own work and manage your own career is excellent. The technology is fun to work with. The product looks great!

Cons

Often times its up to you to get your work done, so you must be able to perform and deliver without someone breathing down your neck.

Everything looks good!

I'm very happy working at Workday, they gave me an opportunity as a contractor and now I'm a full time employee!

Current Employee - Associate Quality Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Quality Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

work-life balance is great, they give you reimbursements for fitness so they want you to go work out. Also great outings with your team, excellent managers, and coworkers are all awesome. Plus I can bring my dog to work. Exciting, fast paced, environment, and growing company. Great culture too and good pay.

Cons

Needs more bathrooms in the building I'm in. Didn't get a raise in my salary yet...

Just make us happy and you are doing a good job!

Awesome place to work

I have been working at Workday full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice culture, they really care for employees, great pay, excellent benefits, free breakfast, snacks, refreshments, recreation (pool/ping pong/arcade games), gym membership, green workplace, lots and lots of fun events, and the list goes on...

On their products-brilliant architecture, out of the box thinking, all round awesome.

Cons

Can't really think of any.