Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management (in 7 reviews)

• Great people and a really great company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth (in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Everyone is Super Nice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Friendly People
    -Fun Culture
    -Is growing rapidly
    -wants to get better
    - is killing the competition

ConsPeople who have been in management since the company started aren't up-to-date with the consumer app quality that Workday is aspiring for. It really holds it down.
    Many of the new people hired come from places that Google and Facebook would not hire from.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should be making offers to people from everyday brands to come in and help pick up some of the drag. Recruiting from similar companies to Workday will only bring the product down. Which I know Workday does not want.

Test Driven Development

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsVery vibrant atmosphere, free sodas! They really care about me. I feel loved.

ConsA ton of pressure. Very demanding.

Great Company

Corporate Sales Development (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat people and a really great company

ConsLong hours but that is to be expected at a growing technology firm

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits are great. keep it up

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Turning out to be a great Workday!!!

ProsCompensation is great especially variable compensation.

Company leadership is great. They are real people who understand and care about their employees.

Endless opportunities for growth.

ConsWork/life balance can be challenging as with any hyper growth company.

Another factor that likely comes into play is that each employee is a stockholder which means that they can perhaps be squeezed especially since the stock matures over 4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!!!

Amazing Company to Work for :)

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsWork Culture, Flexible Hours, WFH, Technology, Innovation, Fun, Learning Curve, Growth....

ConsSalary should be a bit more high.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

was amazing, turning bureaucratic in a hurry...

Prosgreat product, solid top (as in C-level) leadership, ethical

Consway too political for a company of its age and stage.

Advice to Senior Managementdevelop and promote based on performance and talent v. personal relationships and preferences. stop making talent decisions based on second, third hand perceptions. practice what you sell...top flight HCM.

Good Experience, But Not Perfect

Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsThey supply housing and the pay is pretty good. Very good company to work for and they really invest in your development/ education as a software engineer.

ConsIt is a big company and sometimes you get lost in the shuffle or get bogged down in the corporate structure. They weren't extremely prepared for the fall interns with projects so there was some sitting around and waiting at times.

Somewhat disillusioned

ProsSaaS technology definitely represents the next wave in Enterprise Administrative systems.

ConsLots of former PeopleSoft employees in the ranks. Lots of Bureaucracy for a small organization.

Overall, great product and excellent senior management; Beware, toxic CSD environment.

Corporate Sales Development (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsGreat senior leadership, fun company events. All employees are invited to company meetings. Workday is leading provider of ERP in the cloud, stock is performing well, keep it up.

ConsMany of the old reviews regarding the CSD environment from 2012 remain true well past their date.
    Senior management may not have any idea how bad it really became, or just didn't care;
    bait and switch. Limited career advancement from CSD, most after their CSD tenure end up in positions filled with recent graduates. Some have made it into very interesting roles, the majority went into other support roles not related to prospecting for new customers. Long story short: Your CSD skills have little value in other areas of the company. (Not worth it for all the grunt work that you're enslaved to do.) Especially if you have to do it in SLC.

If you're interested in 2+ years of cold calling, only to find yourself rotating around to a somewhat related support role, be my guest. If you're passionate about sales, and you want a much more linear and logical career path, salesforce.com might be a better choice.

fantastic company with great future prospects. Without a doubt going to be the ERP leader in the cloud

Pre-Sales Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proshire top quality talent, management is fantastic, product is great and the customers are happy

Conslots of hires from legacy companies. need more youth and innovative thinking in the sales force

Advice to Senior Managementhire from more innovative companies rather than from those that we deem are antiquated

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!