Workday Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Great company to work for

I have been working at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Workday means having a lot of impact on many people lives as our products are used by pretty much all employees of the top companies. It's a lot of responsibility but it's challenging and exciting to be able to touch so many people and improve their experience at Work. One of my favorite benefits is unlimited holidays, which means you have to time to rest and do good work.

Cons

I think the salaries are pretty low compared to other tech companies.

Best company I've worked at

I have been working at Workday

Pros

This is a company that's growing insanely fast. With that there are growing pains, bureaucracy, etc. but this is all taken in stride. As things on the business side get more complicated, the human side is growing to help ease that - snacks/drinks, events, benefits are all growing as the company figures how to do something for 3k+ employees. Leadership is transparent about where we're heading and sets lofty goals, but the company works its butts off to try and get there. With that said, work life balance is respected (at least in the orgs I have experience with). It's an exciting time to be at the company.

Cons

No free meals... yet!
    Compensation is not at some peers, but they try to make up by providing stock/RSU and ESPP. Everyone is a shareholder at the company.

3. A Culture of Opportunity!

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Great values, leaders, customers, and career progression.

Cons

I can't think of any cons! The best place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the intense focus on employees.

Great company to thrive in

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The perks, benefits, such smart people, great time off policy. We work hard but we also know how to play hard!
    They take care of employees, investing in them. I like the management style too.
    The clubs they offer such as a book club, cycling, etc are great and they also really focus on wellness.

Cons

So one thing, they really focus on referrals, so that said, it seems a lot of lazy folks that were left at the "other" company in Pleasanton are now making their way to Workday. It's unfortunate. Just because someone is referred by their friend doesn't mean they have a great work ethic. I think they should focus on recruiting people from other companies and not necessarily former oracle or peoplesoft people. Or ask other people who may have worked with them previously.
    Lack of bathrooms in the building. Usually a line in the ladies room.

Advice to Management

I love Workday and our culture. However, bringing over managers and above from the former company/"other" company is going to degrade the culture. The other company had a cutthroat, back stabbing culture where no one shared information with each other. I really do not want to see that happen to Workday. Those people do not belong at Workday and more and more I am seeing some of those people being hired.

6. Workday values its Customers, Employees and is a fine place to work

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Workday is a continuation of the culture developed and matured originally at PeopleSoft. We treat our Customers and Employees very very well and with respect.

Cons

Sales Reps do not earn as much as at other ERP and Software sales companies in general. But if you exceed your quota you can blow out your earnings.

Advice to Management

Provide either a travel allowance, or an extra starting bonus or more incentive to last the first year or two before a really large deal can get fully baked.

Workday is the best company a person can work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for about 4 months now. I came straight out of college with a degree in business. Working for Workday as been the most incredible experience. They take so much time and money in training their employees. I'm challenged every day. My leadership gives me the tools to succeed. The people that I work with are hard working, funny, and just down right good people. I'm not over worked even though I'm salary, work about 40-45 hours a week. Also the industry is exploding so Workday is growing faster then any company I know. I turned down a huge salary to come here and I have to say it was so worth it. I'm so happy to come into work every day.

Cons

I can't think of anything honestly.

Advice to Management

Keep making your employees feel appreciated and continue to challenge them on the individual level.

8. Employee Friendly

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Workday is really focus to preserve its key values and keep working environment employee friendly. They provide great on boarding and new hire trainings.

Cons

Pay is average and benefits could be better.

9. Best company I've worked for

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, informal, ambitious, friendly, just a great place to work. Loads of opportunities and really smart people.

Cons

Hours can be long (by choice to get things done) but there is a lot of flexibility if you want to work from home, start earlier/later etc.

10. Great place to work!

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits, fun technology and great product

Cons

None that I can think of

11. A software company with an edge both in the technology stack and in work life balance.

Current Employee - Associate Applications Developer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Applications Developer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to direct your own work and manage your own career is excellent. The technology is fun to work with. The product looks great!

Cons

Often times its up to you to get your work done, so you must be able to perform and deliver without someone breathing down your neck.

Advice to Management

Everything looks good!

RSS Feed </> Embed