Workforce Insight

Steve Goldman

What a great change

Current Employee - Director of Healthcare Solutions in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Healthcare Solutions in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Workforce Insight full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You have a hand in the direction and the success from day one! This is a firm that needs and wants your input at all levels. It grows through its employee partners.

Cons

Not a con, but it is a growing firm and you need to be a starter... Where many hats when you come here and don't set back.

Keep doing what you have and don't try to be anything but the best.

Love the work environment and the people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Workforce Insight full-time

Pros

I come from a Fortune 500 consulting firm where I sometimes felt like I was just another warm body to be shuffled around so coming to WFI has been so refreshing. Our managing partners understand the business and have worked hard to develop our brand and leadership in the WFM market. We have a great work environment, a great culture and employees who enjoy the work they do. I'm excited for our growth and the future continues to look very promising for us.

Cons

The traveling aspect but it's something that every consultant is aware of and we set those expectations at the very beginning. Similar to other companies when they have a spike in the number of new employees, we are experiencing some growing pains but are working through them and implementing new processes to accommodate those changes.

Wonderful company. Great people. Having tremendous success and growth.

Current Employee - WFM Consultant
    Current Employee - WFM Consultant

I have been working at Workforce Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really smart people. Great client roster full of brand names. Family-like & ethical culture. Growing so fast, we've doubled in size very quickly, it's really exciting. Lots of innovation, we really help our clients save money. Company supports lots of charitable causes. Company is very open with financial info so everyone is a part of our success. Encourages every employee to bring new ideas. Fun.

Cons

Fast growth has exposed areas where we don't have clean processes. Getting better. Fast growth also means a lot of hard work. Lots of travel but that's standard with consulting company. Company is sometimes too nice and doesn't hold underperformers accountable enough.

Keep it up. Stay true to what you started and who we are even with all of this amazing growth.

Standing behind employees.

Current Employee - Workforce Management Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Workforce Management Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Workforce Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with WFI for long enough to have things change in my personal life (from small to large).

When I went through a rough time on a personal-level, inevitably my work-life was affected - so much so that I needed to seek out professional help. In many work environments, this event would have come with shame, disdain, and ultimately result in my dismissal.

At WFI however, the owners Steve and Don were nothing but supportive all the way. My manager and HR helped me gain the courage to be open with my need for help, and my request was met with open arms - not shameful judgement or synical disdain.

My job was never threatened nor was my standing in the company. I was praised when I asked for help, and supported along the way 110%. Looking back, I am thankful I work for such a grounded, honest, sincerely caring group of people and I know there is no other place I could work where I would feel as comfortable, wanted, loved, appreciated, and most importantly understood.

Cons

It's hard to think of a "con". Though there is room for improvement (as there is with any company), I don't "dislike" anything about WFI specifically.

Amazing people! Wonderful company- ethical, honest & passionate

I have been working at Workforce Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

WFI is a fantastic place to work. Our people are simply the best consultants in the business- but in addition to that- they are outstanding human beings. I believe there is a great sense of family/ responsibility & accountability to one another internally.

I have also never worked for a company that shares information so freely- every employee (literally) knows exactly what our company's profitability is each month, we know what deals are coming up, how we can help etc. We have the unique opportunity to directly contribute to the success of this business- which I find to be very empowering.

Cons

We have experienced major growth the last few years which has been both a blessing and a major challenge. Some processes aren't as good as they could be and we have some bandwidth issues for managers that are full time on client projects.

Don & Steve deserve a lot of credit for for building and cultivating such an amazing company culture. Companies where employees are accountable to one another and empowered to make changes are so rare. I hope we can hang on to these values as we continue to grow.

Awesome place to work!

I worked at Workforce Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Managing partners truly care about the employees and their career development. I've worked for 2 fortune 100 companies and a big 5 consulting firm and, for me, WFI was a better employer. All of my co-workers were literally the brightest minds in the workforce management space.

Cons

Travel (but this is part of any consulting business).

Poorly run management

I worked at Workforce Insight

Pros

Steve and Don are great owners and care about their employees
    Opportunities for training and learning new software packages

Cons

POOR senior management team, good luck getting feedback
    Travel is much higher than is communicated - expect over 75 percent if you are not on the bench - if you are on the bench, you may want to look for a new consulting gig
    Documentation poor and policies non existent

Steve and Don should spend more time communicating with the PM and consultant groups