Workforce One Employment Solutions

Mason C. Jackson

Awesome......except

Former Employee - Camp Counselor in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Camp Counselor in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Workforce One Employment Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunch, get to interact perfectly with employers, nice pay, awesome field trips and opened new experiences.

Cons

The position I worked in was a camp counselor so we interacted with kids but couldn't go in the water for the water park even though the kids need to be watched. Had short breaks.

Allow employees to get into the water is all I'm saying.

Good for a temporary experience.

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Workforce One Employment Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good coworkers that really want to make the difference.

Cons

Management is disconnected from what's really happening at the Centers.

Go out to the Center. Spend some time there and try to understand how your decisions affect the employees work and moral.

Staff salaries extremely low; Executive Staff salaries good to comfortable

Former Employee - WIA Success Coach
    Former Employee - WIA Success Coach

I worked at Workforce One Employment Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment committed to training and customer service

Cons

High turnover and poor morale. Salaries so low staff struggle to keep the roofs over their heads. Management blind to the old, broken down cars workers drive, if they can afford one. Many jobs are only temporary and/or part-time-temporary so, layoffs and no job security. The Corporate Execs rarely seen in the centers except for special occasions.

Pay your people better so maybe they will stay longer. Decrease the constant pressure to make the numbers. Try to experience a week in the life of a worker, and a customer to feel how it feels.

I looked forward to every season that I was blessed to work there.

Former Employee - Administrative/Work Site Monitor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative/Work Site Monitor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Workforce One Employment Solutions part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to help mold and shape our future, working with teens 16-19yrs of age you get to see how much of an impact both positive and negative your actions must be in their lives. Years later and I STILL have youth that i have impacted calling me to give me and update or ask advice with their lives. I just love it...Lets just say my working with the youth has encouraged me to go back to school and I have currently completed four classes and I'm on to my next one.

Cons

The wear and tear on your car. This job you drove your car to sometimes 6-10 locations daily and the cost of gas was a lot.

I feel this should be a permanent position instead of seasonal, I get it that we mainly work with the youth in the Summer when school is out, however there is still so much that could be done with the right candidate that would allow for them to make this a full time position.

A professional place to work where the staff is courteous and helpful

Current Employee - WIA Success Coach in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - WIA Success Coach in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Workforce One Employment Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They provide assistance with job search as well as other programs that prepare you for the changing job market

Cons

They need to allow the staff a bit more independent control when making decisions such as recruiting employers and setting up job fairs. The red tape that you have to go through in my opinion slows down what needs to be done more effectively, the process needs to be a bit more efficient

Allow staff members that have direct contact with customers and employers more control. They are the ones that actually know what ie going on because the the close proximity in which business is handled

I am given many opportunities to learn and apply my education to assist in helping people find jobs.

Current Employee - Human Resource Intern Recruiter in Muskegon, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resource Intern Recruiter in Muskegon, MI

I have been working at Workforce One Employment Solutions as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

All of the employees I have met have been wonderful to work with. The efficiency of the office, the manager, the freedom to learn and the professionalism are also definite pros for working with this company. There is a feeling that you are making a small difference in people's lives by taking a chance on them and putting them to work and that is remarkable. That feeling within itself is reason enough to show up everyday eager to find more great matches for people.

Cons

Finding people who truly want to work is a definite challenge. When they don't show up for work after all the time invested in them it is discouraging and it lowers your confidence

Don't be fooled.

I worked at Workforce One Employment Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the employees really care about clients that come needing job search assistance.

Cons

Management is a huge setback. Micro-management, low salaries, boring monthly meetings, constant write-ups, no support for employees, constant reports that are due weekly, two-faced supervisors that smile to your face then stab you in your back. One, you might say is the biggest hypocrite and a sad excuse for a Manager. Upper Management is clueless of what is going on at the Workforce One Centers because they stay out of the madness at the centers and refuses to get involved or come by to monitor the going ons and their supervisors, of course unless channel 4 is there to do a news broadcast then we see the Suits.

Respect your employees, have an open door policy and treat us with respect. Offer fair salary increases.

better than i expected.

I have been working at Workforce One Employment Solutions full-time

Pros

where you cant move up at all.

Cons

you never will move up on rank.

Democratic Rip Off

Current Employee - Ripping Off the Poor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Ripping Off the Poor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Workforce One Employment Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Employers get tax dollars for hiring through workforce one, so they only pay half of what they would if they hired directly. Workforce one also gets a peice of the pie.

Cons

Employers taking tax dollars ment to help the poor is a rip off.

Anyone hiring through Workforce One, is a low life, feeding off the poor.

Pay is low, when they find good people they actually drive them away

Former Employee - N/A in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - N/A in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Workforce One Employment Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

a place that you take only to be able to see who is hiring and find a better job which is very easy to do when WF1 is like the bottom

Cons

not being able to retain good employees, no employee recognition program, salaries are WAY below market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they need to listen to the front line and start working a private sector business