Workforce Solutions

Add Photos

Mike Temple

Fantastic place to work

Receptionist (Current Employee) Seguin, TX

ProsA great bunch of people to work with.

ConsI am a temporary worker and my term is up!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire me if you can.

For the most part, positive.

ProsHave the ability to make a difference in someone's life.

ConsMust be independently wealthy or a second income. Consider this job a stepping stone.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training

Cant complain, its better than a lot of other places although its not the greatest

Facilitator (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe Benefits are good. They offer retirement, medical and dental.

ConsA lack of organization structure as far a Management and the higher above

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Immediate exposure to customer service, texas workforce system, and public assistance system.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGain valuable work experience and exposure for future employment. Promotions are limited and may not include salary increases. On the job training is offered but, differs from local office initiatives.

ConsLimited career growth and salary increases. No perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement levels of career growth based on skills, knowledge, and tenure. Offer salary increases based on employee's individual performances. Create a system that allows staff to be promoted from EC, ECI, ECII, etc.

Easy job, Friendly environment

Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Proscooperative and nurturing work environment, not difficult job requirements, able to improve the lives of those less fortunate or down on their luck

Conssometimes a little boring and monotonous, occasionally difficult to find motivation through job tasks

Challenging at times, yet fun and meaningful.

ProsI enjoy the opportunity to help those in need. Helping our fellow man (and woman) is one of the most fulfilling things we can do.

ConsThe salary is not that great, but it is a non profit organiztion run by the State.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually, management has been very good to me.

They say work hard and you will move up in the company but they hire outside the department every time.

Assistant Manager Operations (Current Employee) Maryland Heights, MO

ProsGood employee recognition, poor management acknowledgment.

ConsDoesn't promote from within. They continue to raise the bar which removes the opportunity for employees in the department to meeting the qualification for senior positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize those whom have continued to improve themselves and allow them the opportunity to grow within the company. When interviewing for Senior management positions, the interviewers should be someone not personally involved in the process. This is the only way to guarantee a fair and unbiased interview.

Good Place to Work

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe opportunity to help customers and see them succeed after you help them is the payoff

ConsNeed to get better technology for employees and customers

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to lead and take the services to the next level

Not what I thought

Employment Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsEnjoy helping others "see" what they are capable of doing in a career. It's really up to the person with the tools available at WFS helping in the background...difficult for people to "see" that.
    My co-workers are great and dedicated...they care
    I work only a few miles away from home, less traffic.

ConsMicro-managing done to the nth degree from when do I go to lunch to bathroom
    Mgmt is done through threats and demanding signatures on responsibilities that I must agree to, but not hold themselves up to the same.
    Mgmt does not allow employees to grow into what they might be capable of.
    The atmosphere is highly political...people who abuse the system benefit while those who do not, slip through the cracks.
    We as employees are kept from demanding accountability with customers.
    Any decision by 'upper' mgmt seems to be done on a 'whim', politically speaking, as opposed to what is best.
    One mission statement is to give customers what they "want" as opposed to what they might "need".
    Any corrections to operations are merely a knee-jerk reaction and not thought out carefully as to what the results might be before implementation...ends up being merely a band-aid.
    Mgmt, as well as employees, is simply a swinging door. Only problem is mgmt decides to change things up to suit their desires, finds out it doesn't work quite like they thought, reverse it back to the way it was...no thinking apparently.

Advice to Senior ManagementEase up on the threats...allow employees to 'think'...demand accountability with customers, expect it from employees...you can evaluate operations without micro-managing...stop giving praise in memorized words that are used simply to backup the current little 'jingle' you have going at the time - just tell the employee what a good job they did and mean it (or don't say anything).

Micro-managed, under paid, excessive expectations

Career Counselor (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsDedicated peers, wonderful clients, great support from outside contractors

Consmicro-managed to the minute, under paid, management with no training

Advice to Senior Managementpay for professionals and that is what you will get

Worked for Workforce Solutions? Contribute to the Community!