Working Solutions

Updated January 25, 2015
4.2

Working Solutions CEO Tim Houlne
Tim Houlne

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity for majority of employees (in 34 reviews)

• I have meet some great people along the way as well, I never go a day without a good laugh (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • strictly 1099 even though there are ramifications if don't work set minimum hours or have to cancel time (in 6 reviews)

• The hours I want are not always available, but I work around that (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

Excellent Company - The BOB (best of the best!)

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Mitchell, SD
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Mitchell, SD

I have been working at Working Solutions part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been an agent with Working Solutions for almost a year. My first project recently came to an end and I am starting a new one on Monday. I have nothing but praise for this company and the way they treat their agents. There are a lot of work-at-home companies, but they pale in comparison to WSOL.

Training: They make sure you get top-notch training and their desire is for you to succeed! My personal experience was that if I ever needed help or additional training, it was always available and welcomed. Working Solutions wants their agents to not only fulfill client expectations, but blow them out of the water... that's the kind of company I WANT to be associated with. Anyone can be average, WSOL wants their agents to be exceptional.

Compensation: It changes from project to project, but from what I have experienced, compensation is definitely fair. The project I was on paid well and also had plenty of opportunities to make even more with special incentives. That part made the project even more fun -having goals you were shooting for and feeling like meeting them was celebrated by co-workers and management alike. Again, this adds to the feeling of being valued.

Work-life balance: I would have to say that this is where WSOL sets itself apart. This is the reason it was worth the wait after I applied to get in with this awesome company. I'm in charge of my schedule. If my child has an activity I would like to be there for, I can. If they have a day off of school and I want to spend it with them, I can. If I want to work 2 hours today but want to do 10 tomorrow, I can! That's the beauty of WSOL and the reason I sing their praises to anyone who will listen.

Community: In a virtual world, it would be easy to feel lost in the shuffle and like a "number" or a statistic. That isn't at all what happens with WSOL. It is personal. I have made some friends for life in this company. Co-workers, resources, and management alike. Although you work at home, you are never left feeling alone. (notice how they respond to every single review on this site. It's because they CARE)

Cons

I really can think of none. Working Solutions has exceeded my expectations.

Keep up the great work! Continue being the BOB! :)

Jan 16, 2015CMO

You could be our one person PR department!! Thank you so much for the detailed and wonderful review! We really appreciate you taking the time to be so specific and highlight areas that are ... More

AWESOME COMPANY

I have been working at Working Solutions

Pros

A very dedicated company to work for who appreciates their agents

Cons

Hope there is some kind of health benefit/discount in the near future .

Awesome.

Jan 7, 2015CMO

Thank you so much for your positive review...we do appreciate our agents and I'm glad it shows. Thank you for you what you do for Working Solutions and our clients.

I am so happy I found Working Solutions

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Murrells Inlet, SC
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Murrells Inlet, SC

I have been working at Working Solutions part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They genuinely seem to care about their agents. The training team is just incredible. The agents seem to bond as a team really quickly, which is different than t=he other work at home company I was with for 5 years.

Cons

I have not found one yet.

This management team is unlike anything I have ever experience, even in a B & M job. They are a joy to work with.

Jan 6, 2015CMO

Thank you so much for your kind review. We do value our agents and I'm glad it shows! Keep up the good work...we appreciate you.

Working Solutions and ASO is a GREAT Project

I have been working at Working Solutions as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The hours are flexible, the pay is great, and most of all you get to be in your PJs all comfy while assisting customers. I am very happy with Working Solutions and the ASO project. It was a rough start but what NEW project isn't? Every Project, Every Company freshly starting is always going to have bugs, bumps, and curves but always plain out in the long run. The people I work with are very patient and friendly. WE are a team and all work together and everyone helps everyone out and that is what I love about this place. We have several different ways to contact Management or PM help or even the director if we need help. Sometimes they may not always be in chat but we have other ways to get there attention other then the chat rooms. I have good feelings about this project and believe that it is Great and will continue to be great and get better.

Cons

The only con is some agents complain and when 1 complains about something it spirals to others, Then it brings the morale down for all of us as a team. If you have issues as Agents then you should consult with your Management to get them corrected.

Jan 21, 2015CMO

Thank you for the great feedback! We really appreciate your support and back you up 100% when you say...consult with management if you have issues. We will do everything we can to correct them.

This is by far the best work at home company that I have provided services for

I have been working at Working Solutions

Pros

The project that I am on is pleasurable to work, the trainers are great, and we are not just paid for talk minutes, but for the minutes that we are actually on the line. Unlike other companies that pay you by talk minute only. Training is also paid at the rate of minimum wage.

Cons

Tech issues on various projects

Keep up the good work!!

Jan 26, 2015Sales & Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We will pass your positive feedback along to our educators. We are consistently working on our technical challenges and making it easier for agents to do ... More

A Nice Place To Work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Representative in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Working Solutions as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Working Solutions about a year and I really like the company I am working for. I worked on one project about 10 months, it ended but they hired me for another project, as they say 1 door closes a window opens! The company does give you other projects from which you can choose to apply, they really work hard to get you going again. They do pay for classes, which is huge to me. All in all a great place to work!!!!

Cons

Just the fact that a project does end, I really enjoyed what I did.

Please keep you current contractors, we love you!!!

Jan 12, 2015Sales & Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so glad that you decided to stay on for another program and that you enjoyed your first one. Keep up the great work!

Very Dissatisfied with Working Solutions

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Working Solutions part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to work from home.

Cons

ASO project is a nightmare. Two months in and still major issues with Salary & Software. No end with this in sight.

Be more proactive with ASO. Take better care of you agents, instead of just doing a band aid. Be present, not available since before Christmas. Name is in chat, but they are not. They pop in from time to time that's it. We are on auto pilot most of the time. CEO of company telling people this is just a difficult project getting off the ground, but you can withdraw from project and it won't be held against you. Not all of us agents have that ability. One size does NOT fit all. We live from pay check to pay check. That is a horrible suggestion. We just want things to be right, not perfect but right. You would think after two months all of this would have been cleared up. Drop in hours from 20 down to 12. Leadership is at a minimum. No resources at all even though we were told that they would be selected after 12-9. Still nothing. Our stats continuing to not be correct. Even though they did compensate us back in December for all of the global power outages, which was very nice. It almost restored my faith in them, but then here we are and the problems are still here. We are not notified of the change of extension numbers for departments. We are always finding out went we attempt to so what we were trained, not from management.

Jan 16, 2015CMO

I'm so sorry you are having this difficult experience. I would be happy to speak with you to see if there is anything I can help with or direct you to the right person. I can be reached at ... More

Really happy so far!

Current Employee - WS Agent in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - WS Agent in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Working Solutions

Pros

Flexibility, pay, freedom. Love the people

Cons

My trainer was AWFUL. I was astounded at her lack of knowledge.

I would offer to just make sure the trainers know more than those they are teaching. Always refresh yourself before training a new class.

Also- maybe more opportunity for those of us with high levels of experience ;)

Dec 15, 2014CMO

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have reached out to our VP of Education and Development...she would really like if you could reach out to her directly: tschroer@workingsol.com

customer service

I have been working at Working Solutions

Pros

great company first assignment was short, but pay was ok I guess, for the hours I worked the customer can be bossy but if you are direct they will listen and relax

Cons

no job security well this was my first assignment so that could change, but if stable assignments it would be great

Dec 22, 2014Sales & Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We have great things in store for our agents in 2015. Keep up the great work.

Good COmpany

I have been working at Working Solutions

Pros

Was able to schedule time and work while in school along with having a little one. Management was really good and I enjoyed it

Cons

1099 form and this wil be my frist time filling this out so I'm not sure how this will go for me

Dec 30, 2014Sales & Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. When filing you will need to fill out a W9 and will receive a 1099 from us. You may access this link for tools and resources ... More