Working Solutions

Updated September 27, 2014
4.2

Working Solutions CEO Tim Houlne
Tim Houlne

Pros
  • A pro was the brief moment I got to work from home for a nice wage (in 31 reviews)

• I have meet some great people along the way as well, I never go a day without a good laugh (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • strictly 1099 even though there are ramifications if don't work set minimum hours or have to cancel time (in 6 reviews)

• There aren't enough hours available to work full-time (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been with Working Solutions since August and it has been a whirlwind experience!

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Working Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Training is excellent and the uptraining and alerts along with daily updates is wonderful. Makes you feel more like an employee in the know than an outsider as a contractor. They work very hard to function as a team. From the PM, APM the education dept, the TL's and the Resources and support of all the various departments associated with this client it is as close to a brick and mortar feel as you can get and still work in your slippers. I think the communication has been amazing. You are never left hanging. They make the agents a priority. I came from a company that would do well to take lessons from those that make the client and the agents equally important.

Cons

The technical department works hard at keeping things running smoothly and making repairs quickly. However, there is still a lot of tech issues with programs that are not compatible sluggish, hangs and dropped calls to name some. Also, I do not agree 100% with the advancement policy. Taking brand new agents that have barely been there 30 days and giving them a change in position that was supposed to be based on metrics is not exactly the way I believed this company to be. I had the belief that they operated completely unbiased and above board. It is not who you know but what you know. Reviewing monthly statistics finding a handful of Agents that are perfect across the board is stretching it. Finding 40 of them were impossible. I fully expected that priority would go to TL's and tenured agents first with a few exceptional metrics super stars as a perk. But finding out that agents who started in August have been offered positions is not at all how I envisioned this company would operate.

I and several others do not agree 100% with the advancement policy. Taking brand new agents that have barely been there 30 days and giving them a change in position that was supposed to be based on metrics is not exactly the way I believed this company to be. I had the belief that they operated completely unbiased and above board. It is not who you know but what you know. Reviewing monthly statistics finding a handful of Agents that are perfect across the board is stretching it. Finding 40 of them were impossible. I fully expected that priority would go to TL's and tenured agents first with a few exceptional metrics super stars as a perk. But finding out that agents who started in August have been offered positions is not at all how I envisioned this company would operate.

Great company to work for :)

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Working Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The way the care about contractors being successful while still meeting clients expectations. Plenty of incentives and opportunity for advancement. Challenging enough to keep you motivated.

Cons

no benefits, vacation pay or insurance

Sep 26, 2014CMO

Thank you very much for your review. We are so glad that the way we care about our agents comes through. You all are what makes Working Solutions great!

Lengthy Hiring Process

Current Employee - At Home Agent  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - At Home Agent in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Working Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Allows you to work at home !

Cons

Only the amount of time it takes to complete the hiring process

Keep up the good work :) !

Sep 9, 2014Sales & Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are working on making improvements to our candidate experience which includes the length of time it takes to hear back from us. Keep up the great work!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They really mess with your hours

Current Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Working Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home is tough to beat. I like that I never deal with traffic and that I can make time with family.

Cons

Getting hours. They play games with the agents. They have what they call an "hours drop". They also have minimum requirements. For example: they say at the "drop" agents may go in and schedule 12 hours, but if the minimum requirement for the project is 20 hours, you're out of options. They never tell you how the schedule will work in advance, they give you a 1-2 hour notice before the hours drop and on those drops if they limit your time to 12 instead of 20 hours (20 hours being the project's requirement to fulfill your contract to the client) you have to go back in 24-hours LATER and try to FIND the last 8 hours you need to fulfill their "contract". OK, that's fine if you don't have parent/teacher meetings at the time of the second "drop". It's ok if you aren't already scheduled to work at the time of the scheduled drop, but if for any reason you cannot be 100% available to grab the "second round of hours at drop #2) you miss out on whats left to grab from the scheduler. This creates MEGA stress for many of us on these projects, and they do this on ALLLLLLL of their projects. It's like a head trip or something and truthfully, it is VERY unprofessional. They will always mask their decision to toy with the agent like this under the guise of "trying to meet the clients expectations" but in reality, they just don't care if it puts the agent at a gross disadvantage. It's just too bad if you cannot be at your computer (cause you're working at the time of the second drop) and you cannot get additional hours. They'll just threaten you with stupid emails that say you're not meeting scheduling requirements per WSOL and the client. Seems to me like there should be more continuity at schedule adherence since they threaten YOU after they make it difficult for you to hold up your end of the agreement.

See above. I'd say it pretty much says it all.

Growing Pains?

I have been working at Working Solutions as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Good for being able to work around your personal schedule, pay is usually on time and until recent bi-weekly, Great Resources.

Cons

Depending on which project your are working on, you are very lucky if you are able to 20-25 hours. The minimum hours that was included on the contract you signed and what you get weekly to work can be two different things. Now there is talk of a chance as far as when and how offer we get paid. Normally it is biweekly but now it is talk of change to bimonthly. This can only be beneficial to the company not the contractors. We have are bills that are do on set dates and with this change to manage not to mention sometimes we are able to receive 3 pay periods in a month.

The call routing systems need to be replaced or repaired.

The call routing systems are not working properly which I am sure when the time for each agent is being reviewed by the Program Managers they have noticed the strange inconsistencies, but this works in Working Solutions favor.
    The system will go from available to registering to connecting in any order but each time your work time in the system is updated back to square one. Good example if you have worked 20 hours that week (actually taking calls) the system may show the actual time of taking calls was 15.5 hours. Since this is a known problem the technicians should be able to take the system down and resolve this without the agents sending in trouble tickets.

Let agents schedule the minimum hours per week at one time then if there is any time left then it is open to any and everyone. Having to readjust your schedule to try to(get the additional hours) meet the minimum every week is not working for most of us.

There some of us would like to advance within the company but most have to hold their breaths and no pay increase.
    This company appears to be having growing pains and right now seems it at times seems it has forgotten their agents. It just feels that we are no longer working as a team/company. I hope there is some positive changes for Working Solutions, so I can resume telling people that this is a great and caring company, to making me pride being with Working Solutions.

Sep 26, 2014CMO

Thank you very much for your feedback. Your concerns have been shared with our COO and CFO to see how we can use your comments to positively influence going forward. Trust me...we haven't forgotten ... More

Review from a veteran agent

Current Employee - Independent Contractor
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at Working Solutions as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Thanks to Working Solutions, I have had ten+ years of project work based on my schedule, allowing time for my family and other responsibilities.

Cons

There are high times and low times depending on the client needs. During the "low" times it can be difficult to work the hours needed to meet my financial goals.

In order to advance to management, you have to live in one of the "designated" states. If this could be opened to all of the states,then long-term agents could pursue management opportunities and not be bypassed by new agents that have come onboard very recently.

Sep 29, 2014CMO

Thank you very much for your review. I understand your issue and wish we could bring on management in all states but as of right now we are limited to certain states. We certainly do appreciate ... More

Amazing Place to work!!

Current Employee - At Home Agent  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - At Home Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Working Solutions as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility and an amazing support team!

Cons

There really are none.. close to perfect!

Aug 13, 2014Sales & Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We have great things in store for our agents. Keep up the great work!

Great Work So-So Pay

I have been working at Working Solutions as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Love working from home. No commute-save on gas, oil, car maintenance. Flat tire this morning? No problem, I won't miss work because of it. I also enjoy schedule flexibility, no special wardrobe needs, no spending money to eat lunch out.
    The support from the Resources on my projects is amazing! They are patient and full of knowledge about the project that they readily share.
    Pay is always on time.

Cons

Training family to realize I'm working when I'm working and not available for every whim. They get it now but it took a few months.

After 3 years, I'm still making the same per minute pay. Not that I was ever promised a raise but management must realize that prices of everything go up, regardless. On average I make the same as what other call center agents in my area start at in the 'Brick and Mortar' world. But those are starting wages. The one's that started 3 years ago have had 3-6 raises by now. That's the only thing I truly miss about being an employee. And it's the one thing that may drive me back to it. Please consider merit or cost of living raises when writing contracts with the clients.

Sep 9, 2014Sales & Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate your comments and concerns. We are always looking for ways to improve our programs. We have great things in store for our agents. Keep up the ... More

good co

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Moneta, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moneta, VA

I have been working at Working Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

ipick your own hrs. great training, VERY fast paced, honest company, good pay

Cons

cant think of any, i guess burnout could happen

keep doing a great job, have worked at 2 other wah, you are the best

Aug 11, 2014Sales & Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate your comment about being the best WAH companies out there. We do strive to maintain that position. Keep up the great work!

Wonderful work at home!

Current Employee - Resource Agent
    Current Employee - Resource Agent

I have been working at Working Solutions as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at home as a contractor provides the flexibility everyone dreams of when searching for a career. Although it is work at home, you never feel as though you are "alone". Our management staff try to maintain a positive atmosphere and the pay is always on time.

Cons

It has been very hard to acquire an employee position here. Either the jobs are posted and there is no response with the application regardless if it is accepted or declined, or specific people are hired without having a job posting. This causes low morale for contractors that are within ops that do go above and beyond and it goes unnoticed.

Regardless if salary is less than contractor pay, please look into hiring contractors who have given their all when looking for potential employees. It would be a plus if all applications and inquiries would receive a response.

Aug 11, 2014Sales & Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate you bringing the HR matter to our attention. It is unacceptable to not receive a response to your application. We have put a policy in place to ... More

Worked for Working Solutions? Contribute to the Community!