Workmen's Auto Insurance

Add Photos

Nicholas J. Lannutti

Awesome place to work!

I worked at Workmen's Auto Insurance full-time

ProsRight in the heart of LA Live area.
Flexible management.
Family owned.
Real opportunity to have your opinion heard by management.

ConsSmall companyitis.
Older building.
Not a lot of opportunity to move into senior management ranks.
No standard jeans days (but plenty ad hoc)!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Very poor experience, worst company I have ever worked for.

Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Workmen's Auto Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLocation and fellow employees that's it!

ConsUpper management has very poor communication skills. Workmen's has a yearly employee survey but management does little to nothing to improve it. AM best rating is B- but employees are told to let Agent's know we are a B company. Company has lost money every year and most employees have not received a raise in 5 years. The people that work hard are given more work with less pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is not advice to management but advice to the Shammas group. Hire people that know what they are doing. The current executives are not a group that can not lead Workmens's most employees have no respect for them. This group is leading the company into the ground and the numbers reflect that.

My experience with the company was terrible.

Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Workmen's Auto Insurance

ProsThere are very few positive things I can say about this company. However, over the past two years, they have tried to show some compassion towards their underpaid and over worked employees by offering employee recognition programs. Employees can nominate each other to be in a monthly drawing to win gift cards or time off for being helpful.

ConsA pay freeze was implemented two years ago and has not been lifted, however the company bypasses this rule for the select few by changing their titles in order to increase their salary.
Executives and managers comes and goes as they please, while the people on the floor gets in trouble for being 2 minutes late. They need to lead by example.
Senior management uses profanity and instill fear towards their subordinates to ensure that their employees are in line with their work.
The turnover is so high because the employees are overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated.
The company is unorganized and unprofessional.
Only one person out of both the customer service and underwriting department is allowed to request for a day off (that is one out of 15 people or so and this includes the manager/supervisor.)

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they are overworked and need strong leaders to guide them not threaten them to work harder. There is reason why so many people are quitting, it is not because they have too much work, it is because you are not offering enough resources for them. The systems are outdated and senior management needs to attend a leadership or management course.
Be approachable, there is nothing wrong with saying hi to your subordinates or having lunch in the lunch room. Your employees will not lose respect for you if you choose to dine with them.

Worked for Workmen's Auto Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workmen's Auto Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Workmen's Auto Insurance CEO Nicholas J. Lannutti. All reviews posted anonymously by Workmen's Auto Insurance employees.