Workplace Options

Workplace Options Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Culture and opp for moving onwards and upwards

Work-life Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities for advancement - if you have a skill, they make sure to capitalize on that. They are constantly offering opportunities for training, etc. Its a service center (aka call center) and that is not a secret, but you aren't selling anything, you are simply trying to help employees of other companies find resources to help them balance their personal lives and professional lives. I have used the service for myself numerous time (child care, doctors, information, etc) and it saved me so much time. The teams are great and there is always an opportunity to cross train and be active in the company so that things stay fresh.

ConsIt is very fast paced. I enjoy that aspect, but its not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that onboarding could be improved to get new employees more invested in the company - its a great company, but often times I don't think that we toot our own horn loudly enough.

Great opportunities

ProsWorkplace Options values employees who work hard and come to work with a positive attitude. If you do well in your position, get involved, are patient, and wait for the right advancement opportunity to come along, you can move up in the company.

ConsWorkplace Options holds their employees to a high standard, sometimes the technology we use is not up to the standards the employees are expected to meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider raises on a more consistent basis

Loved the work, hated the workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe work is challenging and varied, and on occasion you feel like you have truly helped someone which can feel very rewarding. Some coworkers are genuinely friendly and make the workday more enjoyable (but be wary, others are only friendly until they don't want to use you anymore or need to step on you to make themselves look good to management).

ConsThe pressure to simultaneously answer every incoming call within seconds and complete and send out work requested by previous callers in an understaffed and ridiculously micromanaged office is stressful and at times infuriating. Managers will question why you stepped away from your desk every time you use the bathroom or get a drink. If you under perform you are fired. If you over perform you are the target of investigations into how you could possible exceed the ridiculous standards. Every employee feels like a suspect, as they are constantly making accusations and publicizing firings to make everyone afraid to complain or question the logic of the ineffective work flow policies.

If you are able to work on 5 things at once with impeccable accuracy and speed with incessant interruptions, you will do the job very well. But that's not all that matters here. Unless you can get in with the management party clique, this is an exhausting dead end job.

The bonuses were great when I first began working here and during my several years of employment they were trimmed, tweaked, over complicated, and often "miscalculated" in the company's favor to the point that you will give yourself a heart attack trying to accomplish enough tasks to receive any. The managers began refusing to provide details about how bonuses were calculated so that employees couldn't demonstrate they should have earned more.

If you take this job, smile and pretend to love it every minute you are there or in the presence of any coworker because they are WATCHING you and negativity is grounds for dismissal. Never question the actions of a coworker because if you upset anyone it is considered bullying which is also grounds for dismissal. Basically, be a really happy puppet and you'll keep your job. Be cool enough to drink with a manager or director, and you'll move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote based on skill rather than popularity and don't micromanage employees to the point that they spend more time explaining the work they did than actually doing it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Money is money, unless you ain't getting some of tha honey

ProsSome great people in the office (co-workers).. A lot of recent grads who were in need of a paycheck/entry level position.

ConsThe same DAMN thing every day. Mundane tasks, no variety of work, no availability of leadership tasks to take on in order to gain experience, and 30 minute lunches don't seem to get the job done..

Advice to Senior ManagementSend me on my way
    -Rusted Root

Great co workers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the best co workers. Opportunities for over time pay. Global clientele. Responsive management

Cons24/7 365 means there is a possibility you will earn yourself some extra cash.

MY WORST JOB EVER

EAP Counselor (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsDecent pay, good for recent graduates seeking experience.. short term.

ConsI worked there for only four months and could not take it any longer. They offer NO SICK DAYS for a stressful position but you only find that out during your orientation. Managers are poorly trained, they will lie on you to protect themselves and are not supportive. You work 8 1/2 to 10 1/2 hour shifts with only a 30min break. Your shift is timed for every moment you work, answering stressful calls, sitting in one position. If a caller or company complains about how u handle a call, Workplace Options will write you up... even if you were never changed or made aware. The process for handling calls, changes almost every day! They make the most simple process very very complicated. They only communicate changes via emails and there are hundreds of emails daily but you are supposed to read them all while being timed and measured for the amount of calls that you take! The place functions like a counseling workhouse... most of the staff is miserable. There is also some racism, while they support alternative lifestyles they have refused to hire black males and offered new white hires better positions, shifts and opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe entire training and hiring process needs to be redone. The gap between upper management is greater than the distance betw their Raleigh and Singapore offices. Make a choice, are you guys gonna be an advice call center or a true counseling line... because you cannot focus on numbers and avoid clinical counseling if you want to be a true EAP!

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat product - they offer services that help people with work-life balance. They offer pretty decent benefits.

ConsPoorly trained management. Little to no development. Inadequate job security (people are frequently and easily let go for ridiculous reasons). I saw some very shady business practices while I was there. Many of the managers are inexperienced and immature.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty is the best policy - your business practices do not exemplify a company with integrity and commitment to your customers or employees.

A sinister place run by scoundrels

Work-life Consultant (Former Employee)

Prosdecent entry level salary & work experience for recent college grads
    easy work, easy job to get (they fire constantly so there are always openings)
    ability to bond w/ good people who figure out they are under the direction of the dishonest
    good life lessons about how things are not always as they appear

Consdiscovering that the business model is actually based on duping providers & members
    being "led" by individuals w/ no professional management experience who are promoted because they party with others in management or are willing to tow the party line
    very short lunch breaks that are timed
    sexist approach to hiring, promoting, relating
    having to smile & pretend that things are ok when anyone with a conscience and a backbone knows they're not
    chronic, system-wide, betrayal of bonuses...putting caps on bonuses so they don't have to pay high-performing employees, unpaid bonuses, "miscalculated" bonuses, etc.,
    having to listen to providers crying with frustration that they haven't been paid
    seeing good, smart, motivated employees being worked to the point of exhaustion
    In general, seeing a potential great offering to members & providers being reduced to its lowest common denominator

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice since the nature of these individuals will not change

Good opportunities and decent pay

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsDecent pay for entry-level positions
    Fast-growing company
    Positive workforce
    The negative reviews are obviously from the few employees we've had who feel that the company owes them while not putting in the effort - overall we have a great workforce

ConsProjects are sometimes pushed through too quickly

Advice to Senior ManagementMore paid time off would be nice

Like going to Hell every day

ProsThere are none. This company is big brother. You are working in a call center where everything you do is recorded and monitored. The management gets hired based on who is friends with who, not based on experience. There are little to no chance's of promotions. They do not give raises. Everything is based off a performance score, that consultants have little control over. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

ConsThere are too many to list

Advice to Senior ManagementTry giving your employees some positive feedback. All they ever hear from you is the negative

Worked for Workplace Options? Contribute to the Community!