WorkplaceDynamics Reviews

Doug Claffey
1 Rating

1. Appreciative Employee

Current Employee - Recruiter in Exton, PA

I have been working at WorkplaceDynamics part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work here is to work for our President, Dan Kessler. He is without a doubt, the most honest, hard working, compassionate Senior Manager I've ever had the opportunity in my life to meet. He is a real human. No agenda except to make sure that all employees feel safe and happy at their workplace. I've recently read a very sad review written on February 13, 2015, by someone who clearly will find discontent in all areas of her (or perhaps, his) life....this individual has figuratively taken Dan Kessler and unfairly put his back against the wall and has laughed in his face - . That individual should do me a favor and please leave the company....you are not part of a team, you are a destructive person who will continue to find only sadness in all areas of your life. Pathetic. Why don't you join the military and go overseas and take care of ISIS? You'll learn a huge life lesson and perhaps grow up. But you are a coward, and cowards hide. It makes me sick that you work near me.

Cons

Unhappy employees who, clearly born with a silver spoon in their First World Problem mouths, cannot appreciate a great thing when they see or experience it.

Advice to Management

Keep your heads up and continue living the mission. Do not give up. Please.

2. Top Workplaces Recruiter

I have been working at WorkplaceDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

9-5 job - leave work behind at the end of the day. The company has a good work/life balance. Employees are not expected to work outside of work. There are many social activities and employees are highly encouraged to participate even if it means taking them away from work responsibilities. 90% of the co-workers are phenomenal people, honest, down to earth and very helpful.

Cons

Employees are treated like children and meant to be seen not heard. Managers are a bit full of themselves and do not value the opinions of employees even though all-hands meetings are common. The "sales" side of business is the hardest department to work in because there's a "means girls" mentality that starts at the top. The CEO is passive aggressive. He continuously asks questions as if he is open to the answer but employees know that they have to answer the way he wants otherwise risk losing their job. As an example, check out the bad employee review from February. Following the review, the rest of the employees were asked how they felt about the review and their answers were posted on Glassdoor. Do you think any employee felt safe giving an honest response?

Advice to Management

1) Worry less about popularity and more about creating a long-term strategy. The company seems to be run for "today" with little consideration for the changing environment. Apply a strategy that allows year-round relationship development with customers and stop coddling newspapers. You're letting newspaper partners walk all over you instead of creating a win-win relationship. No wonder clients value the award and not the workplace improvement services. That's the reputation you're creating by way of business priorities. 2) Stop bashing companies like Glassdoor (blog post on your website). At least Glassdoor has honest reviews. Employers who really care about Employee Engagement get more value out of Glassdoor then they do from your annual award survey or employee engagement apps. If you want to improve your reputation as an effective survey provider, start from within. 3) Consider taking greater steps to retain your innovative employees. Turnover at the top should be more strongly considered.

A picture of irony

Current Employee - Operations in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Operations in Exton, PA

I have been working at WorkplaceDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work, decent pay and lot's of time-off - even during workdays i.e. frequent kumbaya events/activities. Excellent company for working parents and/or those that need an income but are not neccessarily passionate about investing in a career. If you like to sit in a circle with the entire company and talk about your feelings, this is the company for you.

Cons

The leadership is so worried about pleasing the employees (demonstrating that they're an excellent employer), that they've lost touch with the fact that it is indeed a for-profit organization. There is no incentive to work hard which really blows my mind. Employees that learn to throw around buzzwords (i.e. talk about the company values) are kept around indefinitely - whether or not they produce. Those that dare challenge assumptions live on thin ice with regular threats of being fired. Leadership is very passive-aggressive and not trustworthy.

Advice to Management

If you want to be around for the longterm, raise the bar on your expectations of employees. You may be surprised to discover that you have (some) teammembers that will rise to the occassion -- and in the process, can lose the dead weight. Be open to innovation. You (the managment team) seem to feel that you're smarter than the rest of us despite lacking relevant industry experience. Self-awareness would go a long way in terms of living the values - being helpful, open and a team worker.

WorkplaceDynamics Response

Feb 25, 2015 – President

We asked our employees to share their anonymous feedback on how they felt about this specific comment. Here is some of what they had to say: "It is sad that there are individuals who would rather ... More

Great company, inspiring mission, great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at WorkplaceDynamics full-time

Pros

I believe in our mission - to make the world a better place to work. I think most of us here really believe it too. Work-life is really important here. Weekly all-hands and monthly company lunch keeps everyone up-to-date. We just had a pretty major reorganization and the leadership asked for our preference on where we would end up. My manager is very supportive and helpful.

Cons

Some of our clients struggle with instructions and technology, so sometimes tough to be patient with them.

Advice to Management

Would be great to have more training.

It's great to work for a company who's purpose is making the world a better place to work together.

I have been working at WorkplaceDynamics full-time

Pros

Management really tries to walk the talk. They are always looking for ways to make the company better. The work-life balance is the best I've experienced. Company lunches with birthday cakes, community service day, bring your dog to work day and frequent happy hours are some examples of the ways that this company tries to make this a great place to work.

Cons

Some employees don't realize how great they have it here or maybe they just like to complain. I'm hoping the recent restructuring will help management better see and reward those who work really hard. I'm also hoping that those who don't contribute so much will be encouraged to move on.

Reorganized structure, great new hires and refreshing strategy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at WorkplaceDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee focused. Excellent work-life balance. Company and employees are mission-focused.

Cons

Chain is only as strong as the weakest link. This company is very team focused. If you're a go-getter, you might help your team get recognition but you yourself won't get credit. And if your team has someone not carrying their weight, it's up to you to cover for them.

Advice to Management

Feel free to raise the bar. You may be surprised to see how employees rise to the occasion. In the meantime, thanks for creating a great, employee focused culture.

Wonderful company for which to work! I have never worked for such a transparent, caring group of people in my career!

Current Employee - Administration in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Administration in Exton, PA

I have been working at WorkplaceDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are friendly, helpful and fun!

Cons

So far, I don't see any challenges

9. Train wreck waiting to happen

Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in Exton, PA

I have been working at WorkplaceDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers (entry level) are hardworking and fun to be around. There is a slight team dynamic and if you find people who will have your back they will be there for you always. The Job isn't rocket science - it's not overly difficult. Good work life balance

Cons

The entire leadership team acts like children. Everything is taken too personally - there is no separation between professional and personal with them. Those who have been with the company from the beginning get special treatment and privileges. If you get on the bad side of anyone in a leadership position you might as well pack your bags, they will find a way to get rid of you. Their new values might as well be a practical joke. Half the employees wouldn't know how to be openminded if they got a 30 year lesson in it. They'd rather have an employee be a mechanical robot who says "how high?" when they say "jump" than a person with any sort of integrity. Majority of their team leads are only in the position because of seniority. No leader there knows how to be a manager. They are just your "boss" - they will tell you how to do something but they can't be bothered helping you learn or grow. Plus, have the leaders are there part time so you have to go to your coworkers for training and answers.

Advice to Management

Learn how to run a business from top to bottom. Stop letting those who have been there longer do whatever they want. Listen to your CSS's, those who are the mass majority of your company, versus the few "leaders" you have. The way to success is to coach the employees you have, not just throw them aside in the hopes of getting someone new and "better".

Roller coaster

I have been working at WorkplaceDynamics

Pros

Pay, Work from home, Company lunches

Cons

Wait years to get promoted, Have a baby and get to come back a year later no questions asked, Be blamed for stuff constantly, Going through major changes all of the time.

Advice to Management

Stop the constant changing

was a great company, seems to be stalling out

I have been working at WorkplaceDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some great people at the company. Some of the work is interesting and challenging; I really like the CEO and president

Cons

absolutely terrible benefits, repetitive high volume work, lack of advancement opportunities ("promotions" are just more of the same for slightly more money), expectations are constantly increased without any increase in compensation, somewhat negative atmosphere recently

Advice to Management

listen very carefully to what the CSS level employees are telling you, better benefits and more pay for CSS/Account manager if you are going to ask them to do more work

WorkplaceDynamics Response

Sep 3, 2014 – VP, Marketing

"Listen very carefully to what the CSS level employees are telling you" - excellent advice and we are acting on it. Hope you are feeling the difference!

RSS Feed </> Embed