Workscape Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
3.6

Workscape President, CEO and Director Tim Clifford
Tim Clifford

Great culture - like a family.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Workscape full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company, not afraid to try new technologies. A positive family atmosphere with good work-life balance, at least in product development.. People listen for the most part.

Cons

Not so good balance if you are supporting clients September thru November. Needs better planning to avoid the busy season.

Not sure the big company ADP is such a good thing for our culture.

great place to work

I worked at Workscape

Pros

great team great product smart people

Cons

sometimes deadlines really tight lots of late nights

ok work place

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Workscape full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good managers and good bonus. I worked for over 2 years and seen a lot of smart people.

Cons

Lots of overtime during holidays. Moved away from Natick which was very far away from me

Move back to Natick

Horrible - Just horrible

Former Employee - Assistant in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Workscape full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are amazing - Like any disaster, you stick together to survive.

Cons

Management is HORRIBLE and embarrassing! I pity clients of this company who are LIED to continuously!! Instead of admitting mistakes, or failure to meet deadlines - clients (and employees) are lied to (directly!) I witnessed this myself several times. I was just horrified. When a manager comes along who has integrity and refuses to lie they are FIRED (called a reduction in workforce), they seem to have alot of those!

Grow up and start acting like businessmen and women!

Very unorganized

Former Employee - Java Developer in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Workscape

Pros

With the ADP acquisition, I anticipate a lot of growth and increased budgets/customers. I felt it was a "stable" place to work.

Cons

Not sure if the disorganization is due to the ADP acquisition, or just an aspect of the company, but they couldn't get anything straight.

The background check/drug screen took forever. When they couldn't verify an employer of over 4 years ago, they asked me for a W2 to prove I worked there. I do not keep tax information beyond 3 years. Long story short, they had me playing phone tag with people in Texas and New Jersey, some of which spoke such poor English I couldn't understand them. I eventually got it taken care of with no help from them.

Then no one was able to confirm my start date. It was literally a Friday before the Monday I was supposed to start, that someone finally confirmed I was supposed to show up or not.

This basically foreshadowed my time there. I was without a computer for 3 days, which is embarrassing sitting at an empty desk and an awful start for a Java Developer. Nothing got better as time went on.

Great experience, welcoming atmosphere

Former Employee - Intern in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Workscape

Pros

They are friendly, welcoming, provide valuable feedback, give interns interesting work, have a fun team environment, and excellent accessible management.

Cons

There were not many. At first what they do is somewhat difficult to understand but once you get past that its fine.

They are down to earth, know all the employees names, make an effort to get to know interns, and have a great vision for where the company is going.

Good for a small company

I have been working at Workscape

Pros

For a small company, excellent benefits; good executive management who share information broadly

Cons

Get caught up in the we've always done it that way mentality due to the long tenure of employees (a good thing and a bad thing); somewhat difficult for new people to make changes;

Listen to everyone and be open to ideas from new people not just those that have been there forever; invest in management training for the managers who have grown up at Workscape and became managers there

workscape is like a good wine; it improves with time

I have been working at Workscape

Pros

Best place I've worked; early on I was a bit unsure of my decision as the onboarding certainly wasnt a handholding exercize, but that has given way to an incredible work experience. The people are the best here;' no jerks, everyone aligned to succeed and do what it takes. ANd that doesnt mean management whips you to get things done and there is no balance; the team wants to do well and it creates a great sense of pride in your work and in the company. COol technology, too.

Cons

Asi said the onboarding could have been better, but wasnt bad either.

You've done a great job, especially in this economic mess keeping us on track, communicating lots and making good decisions. I'm amazed how well we've done in the worst recession in our lifetimes and we didnt miss a beat. Keep it up!

Workscape not dedicated to employees at all

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Workscape

Pros

The quality of co-workers (excluding management and executives) was outstanding. When you are all working in a horrible place together, you tend to band together and try to find the humor.

Cons

Company completely lacks integrity. I witnessed them lying to clients instead of being honest about changing job responsiblities. They are also completely dishonest with their employees. I watched 11 employees get terminated at the beginning of the year for what Workscape called 'cause' when it was truly a reduction in workforce. I then watched as many if not more employees left the company voluntarily and every person gave the same reasons for leaving: unreasonable work hours, poor treatment of employees by managers and executives, lack of a work/life balance. Every one of those employees also had the same comment 'Loved the work, hated the company."

The company expects 60-70 hours from employees on a continual basis. Managers send out emails on Thursday or Friday asking employees for their weekend availability. It is truly a sweatshop environment. I would never recommend that anyone accept a job with this company.

Wouldn't matter if I did. Employees have sat down with upper management on numerous occassions. All the feedback went in one ear and out the other.

A great organization to work for. Honest, capable leaders and collaborative, fun, & effective teams

I have been working at Workscape

Pros

Collaboration; mutual respect; trust from leadership throughout the organization; smart, hard-working people who also know how to laugh.

The HR technology landscape is dynamic and fast-changing right now, which is exciting (for people into that sort of stuff)... and a bunch of people in our organization have some pretty fascinating perspectives on where to take the organization in the years ahead.

There's a strong emphasis on helping one another succeed, and on celebrating successes as a group, whether in a particular function or as an entire organization. This - as you'd expect - helps everyone continue to be efficient and persistent in serving their clients (internal and external).

Emails don't fall into "the abyss". They get answered. That alone says a lot, in my experience.

Cons

honestly, nothing comes to mind.

continue to communicate and celebrating the successes - these are great assets to our corporate culture

Workscape Photos