World Business Lenders

Doug Naidus

1. Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at World Business Lenders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales staff is always upbeat and energetic. Great stepping stone into the MCA/BCA space. Start up Environment is fading, however good advancement opportunity based on performance.

Cons

Product rates are fairly high while always trying to take collateral. Its quite off putting to most merchants compared to the rest of the industry which will charge lower rates while not taking collateral. A very niche product which only applies to either the most desperate of business owners with bad credit or those with the greatest credit and tons of assets to over collateralize in order to have a very low rate.

Advice to Management

Keep dominating this particular market segment however, try to expand to the average market client with more flexible guidelines in order to service a higher volume of clients which would in turn give sales staff a greater feeling of momentum, increasing morale and therefore profits.

2. As a Financial Specialist I get to work with many other individuals throughout various departments at WBL.

Current Employee - Financial Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at World Business Lenders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some staff members are really friendly. Gain knowledge of alternative lending industry. Work with members of an elite squad who previously ran Mortgage IT as well as worked with Deutsche Bank. Get to observe others in their comfort zone and see how people egos get the best of them sometimes.

Cons

Health insurance is expensive you want to make sure you close plenty of deals. Always try although not possible to bank all deals! Not everyone has collateral.

Advice to Management

Offer an employee stock program even if they are not an officer of the firm. Some type of stock incentive builds momentum and keeps the employee on the hook so to speak. Certainly not in a bad way like catching a fish - in this instance the employee is with you for a reason. So keep the employee and offer stock as soon as possible. So far I will rate three stars maybe I will push it up to four and even five in the near future. Thank You for your time and consideration

3. Loan Processor

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Orange, CA

I have been working at World Business Lenders

Pros

This has been a great place to work. Joe Lewis and Zach Ramirez really care about their employees at our office in Orange CA. They go above and beyond to make our environment a place where you want to go each day.

Cons

I have no complaints with this company

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you are doing

5. Great place to work/Still has growing pains going towards right direction

Current Employee - Senior Finance Specialist in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Specialist in Orange, CA

I have been working at World Business Lenders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great split as a closer -No Micro managers here, do your work your way at your own pace -Great support from management -Team oriented atmosphere, no boiler room feel here. -Benefits are very expensive

Cons

-still refining processes in underwriting -still figuring out marketing niche

Advice to Management

Just keep on pushing, eventually all the hardwork you and your employees are doing will payoff.

6. Finally a place to call home

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at World Business Lenders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for a company that has it's employees best interest at heart. I've worked at a few different working capital places and finally I think I found a home. The support provided allows me to focus on my job and wok harder. When I work harder I make more money!

Cons

Pay structure is a bit funky and takes some getting used too. But once your in the swing of things it gets a bit easier to understand.

Advice to Management

I might consider shifting pay to date of funding rather than date of received pay.

7. Best Branch Managers

I have been working at World Business Lenders

Pros

- Zach and Joe are innovative, creative, and reliable when it comes to day to day operations - I feel like my opinion and advice is heard every time - Our Product line sets us apart

Cons

- Pipeline takes time to gain traction

Advice to Management

Don't Change anything when we hit the Big Time!

8. Wisdom Beyond the Loan

Current Employee - Vice President - Branch Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President - Branch Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at World Business Lenders full-time

Pros

It's nice to know that you working towards something other than a paycheck. I want all of my employees to know that the executive team at WBL brings more to the table then just another lending company in our space. This team will provide more opportunities for wealth and growth to the everyday employee and those that last will be rewarded.

Cons

You've got to work hard and keep your eye on the prize everyday.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line employees - let them steer the ship with your guidance.

PLEASE RUN! JOKE! CROOKS! LIARS!

Current Employee - Finance Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Finance Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at World Business Lenders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were no pros! Branch managers are jokes, employees are jokes!

Cons

Please don't do this to yourself. Seriously. I've never been so embarrassed for leaving a good job for this terrible joke of a company. I made more in high school flipping burgers. I am a respectable college educated young man. I've never been so disrespected in my life. Run away and do not work for "Chip" and "Maribeth" in ATLANTA if they call you. They play favorites with their little golden boy and even do his negotiations for him. Sissy. Even though I was the ONLY person in the office to close a deal and NOT get paid for it. The pay is a DRAW and you have to pay back the measly 7.25 an hour they give you. I received a $110 check for 3 weeks of work. JOKE JOKE JOKE!

Advice to Management

You are liars, cheats, and you should be ashamed of yourselves. Please stand under a tree during a lightning storm. Or better yet, go play in speeding traffic at midnight. Either way, never manage anyone in your life. Jokes. Go back to college and learn how to read.

Unprofessional Management

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at World Business Lenders

Pros

The company gives you a good opportunity to learn about the financing industry in the beginning.

Cons

Management was the absolute worst - completely unprofessional and aggressive. Expect to be berated with unproductive comments rather than constructive criticism. One's role constantly changes without notice yet you are expected to perform with little to no training. I dreaded coming in every day.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate professionally.

Terrible Place

Former Employee - Finance Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Finance Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at World Business Lenders

Pros

Nice building. nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing

Cons

Not getting paid commissions earned, bad leads. Very negative work environment. Management not qualified for this line of work. Management not caring and not treating people fairly. Being lied to. Getting paid minimum wage. Being in a work environment that is negative toward women. Negative and extremely high stress environment with no rewards. Working with people with criminal records and who have done prison time. Negative environment towards Orthodox Jewish people.

Advice to Management

Get managers who know how to motivate people in a positive way and know the industry. Care about the people that you are managing.

RSS Feed </> Embed