World Business Lenders

World Business Lenders Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Doug Naidus

Loan underwriter - credit analyst

ProsNo experience needed to get a job, but they do prefer MBA students. Good place to build your resume a bit and to learn about banking/lending industry

ConsMBAs make $37k...they are very easy to give titles but no raise. Company is s very young and they are still trying to figure out how to make their process efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow Over time

WORST COMPANY WITH TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT AND NO BUSINESS ETHIC

Finance Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsThere are no Pros in regards to working for WORLD BUSINESS LENDERS

ConsPersonal growth in the Syosset location is a lie. The main manager will make sure he puts you down on a daily basis to keep you at an all time low.
    They charge merchants fees beyond belief and lie about syndicating their deals.
    Their marketing is garbage and you are better off calling phone numbers out of a phone book.
    The pay is 325 a week (at least 30% below industry standard)
    If you want to come to work to be put down and under paid this is the job for you.

P.S. I am not a low level sales person. I am a producer! this is just a terrible opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet New Management

BAD

ProsYou can learn some about finance and lending with this company.

ConsEverything else is horrible. Upper management does not care about their employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Only limitation is the effort that you put in

Finance Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGrowth is unbelievable, number of employees has gone up 400% in 18 months. Hard working group that love to challenge each other. Access to Managing Directors and CEO with decades of experience within the financial services space. The biggest pro about working here is the people you get to interact with, from the sales people to the CEO it is a diverse group with a lot to offer.

ConsWhile WBL does offer health insurance, it is very expensive for most employees to participate it can run up to $600 a month for a family to be enrolled in the health plan.

No 401k

The promotion process is only done once a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile we have the health insurance in place it would be nice if we could work toward lowering the cost on this plan. Additionally we should add a 401k so employees can start saving for their retirement.

Otherwise things are going well. Keep doing what you are doing.

Valuation Analyst

ProsAs a growing company, there are many opportunities! A lot to learn from the senior management! Open to new ideas! The best work environment with young, smart and educated people! The company does sponsor qualified International students who have a degree from the States.

ConsBasic challenges which you can face in a start up company. No 401K. There are changes in process and departments almost every month.

Credit Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice office location with few very hardworking people

No training at all for a position, your just thrown in the working environment

ConsMostly foreign employees being exploited for visa

Very long work hours and no respect to work/ life balance

Incompetent middle management gets promoted to different roles even though they're not successful

Tough work environment because of pressure from middle and upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees more because they're the ones doing the work

Pay more

Work for them if you do not have better choice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost coworkers are pretty nice. Free coffee and tea.Good location (very close to time square). Good view of midtown Manhattan.

Cons1) Low payment and heavy work load, even you get overtime pay.
    2) Some managing executives are very mean. They never stop yelling at or even taunting at people. They just treat people like working robots instead of human beings.
    3) It is a chaos for cross-department work. There are conflicts of interest between different departments which cannot be solved.

Great Learning experience.

ProsI have been with WBL for the past year and have seen this company grow everyday. They are very good at adapting to an industry that changes on a daily basis. One of the best things to come about over the past year is the implementation of the training program at the NYC headquarters.

ConsOld employees that cannot close the door and want to blame everybody but themselves for their failure and posting it online to make themselves feel better about being a loser.

A Place to Grow Professionally & Intellectually

Account Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI have been here just about a year, and have had an excellent experience. I have already surpassed my expectations for my first year, and still have another two months to go. The upper management staff has had a major impact on my growth, not only as a professional, but as young man. I can say I look forward many years to come working for World Business Lenders. I recommended this company to anyone who is a hard worker, and enjoys seeing the benefits of their work.

ConsThe job can be tough at times, example having a client walk from a potential deal. But a true professional should be able to shake off the negatives, and move forward to succeeding.

Massive opportunity for upward mobility

ProsThe people, the upper management, and the involvement with a company that has the ability and ambition to expand so aggressively have truly made my time here an enjoyable tenure.

Consgrowing pains associated with any start-up

Advice to Senior ManagementStay competitive in the changing landscape

Worked for World Business Lenders? Contribute to the Community!